Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
Nice write up...

Thoughts on the Syndicate.. Are they all those who have been excommunicated before? Did you imply earlier which character is Charon?

I am likely wrong but I thought there was a myth about fate and a coin, but could be too many other games and movies that had it in there.

As far as we've seen all the dead players on Eternum are probably npcs that work for Eternum. Following the theory that Benjamin was the npc in the Rockefeller mansion, and after seeing the reflection on his sunglasses when you see him in the first flash it looks like a strange place, probably some kind of laboratory.

But I like the theory about Syndicate being rogue AI or something like that. That's explains how the appear out of nowhere and maybe how they help you from shadows.

About Charon, I'm not sure there is one. This isn't following every mythological part to the letter, but if I have to guess the lady in black looks like a guide related to another 'world' so far. But I'm not sure there is or will be a Charon.

Luna's Father (Mr. Hernandez) could be keeping a big secret? maybe also Luna

We know that the "Lady in Black" has red eyes and the only person in the game that has a red eyes is Luna. Luna mention that she inherited her eyes from her grandmother:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's also stated that the red eyes came from her father's side so there are chances that his father (Mr. Hernandez) has a relation to the "Lady in Black".
We know that the first time we see the "Lady in Black" we see her in a church and it's also shown that it is the same place in Dark Arts quest (in Warthogs) it is also mentioned that the Church (Warthogs) were once a property of a cult. So there's a chance that the "Lady in Black" is once a member of a cult.
Also Alex slipped a story about their work (about a cult) that there's a group of person that sacrifices a human to an ancient demon. Could this be the one of the practices that the cult?
and also those places could be a place were the cult and the "Lady in Black" were once living
This started my suspicion that Mr. Hernandez is keeping something big,
What is his relation to the Lady in Black?
Why does he know things about dead body?
(to just make a joke?)
Does Luna's father once killed a man before or take care of a dead body?
I have a suspicion that he was once a member of high persons in Eternum or he could be Mr. Mos or member of a cult (the cult sacrifices humans to demon) also knowing that there is a chance that the "Lady in Black" is related to Luna's father he could be once a member of the cult or it is a family thing.

Why does everytime Luna bring Orion somewhere The Syndicate shows up? (coincidence?)
We only see a Member of Syndicate twice, First Red Herring and Second in the House (where they planned the heist) And these places were places were Luna bring them. Is Luna and Mr. Hernandez is planning something? (knowing that Luna can foresee the future) Are they really related or either connected from a cult? Could she have been manipulated or controlled? Is everything just is a coincidence?

In the Dark Arts when her mother was copied she said these words:
Does this suppose to mean something?
We know that Luna said that she didn't say anything about her power, but if she inherited the Red Eyes from her Father side there's a chance that this ability is passed from their ancestors(and their family at least know about this) and his ancestors were once a members of the cult. Does he really use Luna? or it's just him. Does the death of Mr. Hernandez wife make him stop doing practices from the cult? (maybe he does something like this in the past and stopped).

And why there's a deer in Luna's house, In the Horror House(Red Herring), and in the House where they planned the Heist

Deer could represent many things, could be being hunted or spiritual authority.
Does this supposed to mean that they are connected to Spirits or dead people? Or Mr. Hernandez or their family were once
a member of a cult and Mr. Hernandez could be one of the forerunners of Eternum and using it by excommunicating people and sacrificing them.

Mr. Hernandez and his family is hiding something big they could be the victim, forerunner, and the enemy or the ally

The first think I thought on 0.1 version was that the lady in black was Luna or her mother. But if you look to the haircut it's more like Idriel. And we've seen a flashed image of Idriel being in a darker mode, like corrupted.

So I don't think Luna and Lady in Black have relation. Just coincidentally both red eyes.

I don't think Mr Hernandez is anything but a normal man. He likes to joke but he didn't do anything suspicious so far. It could be but we don't have any solid clue yet.

The 'church' looks the same (maybe it's the same or maybe there are others that look like that. But is the same cult that Alex talked about? It's hard to tell because it was just that mention and that cult wasn't in Kredon. But later, when going to the Rockefeller mansion, you used the demon mask, the Oni one, and the Oni eat humans. Sooo, maybe we are reading too much between lines or maybe it's all related in some point.

Who do you think is the woman from the nightmare in the morgue? Her haircut looks like the one the child from the first nightmare and the founder, so I believe she was talking about what the founder had to do, he sacrificed himself to save another (maybe his child or his wife) but he was against the odds and lost, but he managed to stay on Eternum and influence people from our world to "create" the game. The goal? That another reunite the gems of doom for him so he can change the past, or save (resurrect) the ones that he couldn't in the past. But he can't do it without physical presence, and that explains why the AIs can't either.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: An known

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016

We know that the "Lady in Black" has red eyes and the only person in the game that has a red eyes is Luna. Luna mention that she inherited her eyes from her grandmother:
It's also stated that the red eyes came from her father's side so there are chances that his father (Mr. Hernandez) has a relation to the "Lady in Black".
We know that the first time we see the "Lady in Black" we see her in a church and it's also shown that it is the same place in Dark Arts quest (in Warthogs) it is also mentioned that the Church (Warthogs) were once a property of a cult. So there's a chance that the "Lady in Black" is once a member of a cult.
Also Alex slipped a story about their work (about a cult) that there's a group of person that sacrifices a human to an ancient demon. Could this be the one of the practices that the cult?
and also those places could be a place were the cult and the "Lady in Black" were once living
(to just make a joke?)
I have a suspicion that he was once a member of high persons in Eternum or he could be Mr. Mos or member of a cult (the cult sacrifices humans to demon) also knowing that there is a chance that the "Lady in Black" is related to Luna's father he could be once a member of the cult or it is a family thing.

Why does everytime Luna bring Orion somewhere The Syndicate shows up? (coincidence?)
We only see a Member of Syndicate twice, First Red Herring and Second in the House (where they planned the heist) And these places were places were Luna bring them. Is Luna and Mr. Hernandez is planning something? (knowing that Luna can foresee the future) Are they really related or either connected from a cult? Could she have been manipulated or controlled? Is everything just is a coincidence?

We know that Luna said that she didn't say anything about her power, but if she inherited the Red Eyes from her Father side there's a chance that this ability is passed from their ancestors(and their family at least know about this) and his ancestors were once a members of the cult. Does he really use Luna? or it's just him. Does the death of Mr. Hernandez wife make him stop doing practices from the cult? (maybe he does something like this in the past and stopped).

And why there's a deer in Luna's house, In the Horror House(Red Herring), and in the House where they planned the Heist

Does this supposed to mean that they are connected to Spirits or dead people? Or Mr. Hernandez or their family were once
a member of a cult and Mr. Hernandez could be one of the forerunners of Eternum and using it by excommunicating people and sacrificing them.

Mr. Hernandez and his family is hiding something big they could be the victim, forerunner, and the enemy or the ally
Another interesting post...

Did you find anything in the game so far that could reference Cernunnos? In Celtic mythology the stag (deer) represents magic and transformation. They had white, red and black versions also. Cernunnos was the main link between nature and man, so would be interesting if that played in somehow.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: An known

potatoezzz

Jun 1, 2020

(to just make a joke?)

would be kinda cool tho if cabardis makes this a tie in about the sons of azatoh and the mc there is still using the cult

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
Speaking of the lady in black and Idriel:
I'm with you. I'm bad with faces but Idriel looks similar to the lady in black, so she could be the same but "corrupted" or maybe a twin or discarded AI.

I think the coin was a metaphor to Uroboros. Head eating her own tail, so head or tail can have that meaning. Another can be doing one thing or the other, if there is a destiny and we can't change it no matter how much tines we tried, then it will be heads again, you can't change it, and if you say tails, meaning you can change it she smiles, remember she said 'this time... It will be the right one'.

To all theory dudes: relax, Caribdis is Japanese and they are all weird. Cool content tough.
Wait, really? Caribdis is japanese?
But sorry if it bothers so much text and crazy theories. I really like to come here and talk about crazy ideas with you all because there isn't so much people to talk about this kind of games in my real life, one or two friends and not much into it like me or anyone here.

Reactions: eM-Ka

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
To all theory dudes: relax, Caribdis is Japanese and they are all weird. Cool content tough.
Wait, really? Caribdis is japanese?
But sorry if it bothers so much text and crazy theories. I really like to come here and talk about crazy ideas with you all because there isn't so much people to talk about this kind of games in my real life, one or two friends and not much into it like me or anyone here.
...I could've sworn someone said a while back in this thread that he was from Spain...

...then again there's no rule that says a Spanish citizen can't be of Japanese descent so...

Reactions: Rovenant

BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
...I could've sworn someone said a while back in this thread that he was from Spain...
I think people inferred he was from a Spanish-speaking country because of the way he spelled his name. Someone told him his spelling was wrong, that it should be spelled as Charybdis. Then someone else pointed out the Spanish spelling is Caribdis. Someone did ask if Caribdis was British because Once in a Lifetime is set in a British school, but he said no. It's funny you know. He is so good at writing mysteries, that even his origins is a mystery, but he left hints xd.

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021

...then again there's no rule that says a Spanish citizen can't be of Japanese descent so...
I will stop praying because he probably wants to not share personal info. But sometimes this thought crosses my mind, how cool would be to be friend of someone that makes VN like this.

No matter where they are from, but this VN is one of the best games ever I played, and he didn't needed millions and whole teams to make it. I'm just proud of every creator going not only for NSFW part, but amazing stories and characters, they made all players proud and show us that anyone with a good story can share it it others.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I may be about to ruin it for you, but anyone notice the first annie nude scene, her arm is VERY CLEARLY broken?
It's a known flaw in the models. Without actual bones, the software doesn't always move a joint naturally, or present the flesh around those joints realistically. I'm not positive, but I think it is worse with Honeyselect models (used in Eternum) versus DAZ3D (which many other games use).

Reactions: Rovenant

potatoezzz

Jun 1, 2020
I think people inferred he was from a Spanish-speaking country because of the way he spelled his name. Someone told him his spelling was wrong, that it should be spelled as Charybdis. Then someone else pointed out the Spanish spelling is Caribdis. Someone did ask if Caribdis was British because Once in a Lifetime is set in a British school, but he said no. It's funny you know. He is so good at writing mysteries, that even his origins is a mystery, but he left hints xd.
so good that i just learned its caribdis and not carbadis :(

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
First time posting here... Is it possible that Thanatos is different version of Orion (maybe corrupted version) that was somehow created in different timeline.

I remember seeing that kind of plot twist in anime. But here it doesn't look like it. First or all Thanatos has a strange sense of honor that MC doesn't (so far at least). And second, Thanatos was surprised when MC attacked him with ultra speed and bare hands, but if he was the same person he would be able to recognize himself.

We haven't seen any character duplication so it's hard to believe MC will have a double of himself from another timeline on Eternum.

4.80 star(s) 908 Votes