Crese1967895

Mar 10, 2020
Kinda iffy on this one. The MC isn't really having sex with anyone, it's virtual reality. Even though he feels it, it's not really happening. Reminds me of sword art online(Except they can leave the game)tbh.

If you kill someone in-game do they die IRL? Or do they only feel the pain? You know what, fuck it, even though I usually don't like stories based around VR I'll try it out. I did enjoy OIAL after all.

Crese1967895

Mar 10, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Guess that answers my question...

EDIT: I wonder if anything happens to their IRL body. For example, if theky get an arm torn off in-game how would that reflect IRL? Or is it just phycological pain(They feel it but in reality nothing actually happened)? If someone is tortured could that put them into a vegative state? That would make alot of sense actually.

Okay, so my theory is that although their body isn't being harmed IRL there is a risk of brain damage or traumatization(And if they take drugs in-game they might become addicted and seek them out IRL or steal IRL money to spend in-game to buy "fake" drugs).

If my theory is correct then it's a lot worse than I previously thought. Definitely interested now.

TLDR; I have a theory that if they are tortured, raped, or take drugs in-game it could affect their mental state. For example, if they are tortured they could be traumatized and/or become a vegetable IRL. Also, taking drugs in-game could make them addicts IRL.

Last edited:

Niv-Mizzet the Firemind

Mar 15, 2020
So some musings/shitty speculations from replaying 0.1 as means of coping until the next update...

-I just realized that the game has a lot of names drawn from Greek mythology: Ulysses, Atlas, Hyas, Dione, Calypso, Acheron, Orion, Penelope, Thanatos, Styx, Aphrodite...makes me wonder if this is just some specific naming convention that Carybdis chose or it has a bearing to the main plot. And speaking of Greek mythology...

-Calypso. Personal guess is that based from the constant mention of this tool throughout 0.1, this one is either going to be the main tool the MC is destined to get or is the one tool that has the greatest importance to the main plot. The fact that no one knows where or what it is makes me wonder if its nature is tied to its Greek origins: that of the legendary water nymph that detained the Greek hero Odysseus and concealed him for years before setting him free...

...concealed...concealment...maybe Calypso is a sort of item that conceals things? Like an invisibility ring or cloak or stealth suit? I mean, that could explain why it's so hard to find...

And finally...

-It probably is just me, but the fact that this game is set in the same universe as "Once in a Lifetime" makes me think that the nature of Eternum (that is, the VR game itself) may not simply be something straight out of "Ready Player One" or "Sword Art Online." I mean, in OiaL it's basically revealed that

...Gods, I can't wait for the next update. TT_TT
Maybe you're missing a name. Caribdis may be coming from the this .

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Kinda iffy on this one. The MC isn't really having sex with anyone, it's virtual reality. Even though he feels it, it's not really happening. Reminds me of sword art online(Except they can leave the game)tbh.

If you kill someone in-game do they die IRL? Or do they only feel the pain? You know what, fuck it, even though I usually don't like stories based around VR I'll try it out. I did enjoy OIAL after all.
It's a first release mate, be patient.

Btw, no need to take the virtual reality so seriously and have multiple posts. You could have your opinions on the same post, since the f95zone reality is the same.

Just finished playing and HOLY FUCK!!! I shouldn't have doubted you, this game's great! Definitely getting added to my watch list!
See? Told ya.

The_Hybrid

Nov 3, 2020
So some musings/shitty speculations from replaying 0.1 as means of coping until the next update...

-I just realized that the game has a lot of names drawn from Greek mythology: Ulysses, Atlas, Hyas, Dione, Calypso, Acheron, Orion, Penelope, Thanatos, Styx, Aphrodite...makes me wonder if this is just some specific naming convention that Caribdis chose or it has a bearing to the main plot. And speaking of Greek mythology...

-Calypso. Personal guess is that based from the constant mention of this tool throughout 0.1, this one is either going to be the main tool the MC is destined to get or is the one tool that has the greatest importance to the main plot. The fact that no one knows where or what it is makes me wonder if its nature is tied to its Greek origins: that of the legendary water nymph that detained the Greek hero Odysseus and concealed him for years before setting him free...

...concealed...concealment...maybe Calypso is a sort of item that conceals things? Like an invisibility ring or cloak or stealth suit? I mean, that could explain why it's so hard to find...

And finally...

-It probably is just me, but the fact that this game is set in the same universe as "Once in a Lifetime" makes me think that the nature of Eternum (that is, the VR game itself) may not simply be something straight out of "Ready Player One" or "Sword Art Online." I mean, in OiaL it's basically revealed that

...Gods, I can't wait for the next update. TT_TT
I'm not the only one to think that Caribdis was inspired of Ready player one to make this game, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: Swazdula

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Maybe you're missing a name. Caribdis may be coming from the this .
Beat me to it.

Alternate spelling, for sure, but if you type caribdis into google, first hit is charybdis.
Maybe Caribdis was so cute as a baby that they called them a "cherub" and depending if their family is a native English speaker the sentence structure could be different and instead of referring to them as "this cherub" it was "cherub this" and when they moved to an English speaking country and it was spoken in English came out sounding like "Caribdis" and the nickname stuck :unsure:

Jus' sayin' ;)

• Haha
Reactions: AwsHen
4.80 star(s) 930 Votes