Jan 21, 2023
Well, imho, you summarizing that it would be forced is nonsense given the evidence you've provided is the thinnest worth consideration to date. Cherry-picking a few bits of a dream sequence out of 99% of the current content does not provide much of a foundation... again, imho. Just my opinion which doesn't mean jack of course, but it might be worth consideration.

Otherwise stating that the VN "was not written with incest in mind" is a huge no-shit statement, that's obvious to all and why a proper patch would be required to make it so. No one is suggesting making Annie the MC's uncle.
1682032149692.png

How about this then? It is from the dev's profile page. I dont understand why people feel the need to add incest in everything. There are tons of other games with incest. It would be forced as it does not align with what the dev has in mind for the game.

I am good with patches that align with the dev's plans for the game but I am strongly against adding anything that strays away from what the game is trying to be.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
View attachment 2561330

How about this then? It is from the dev's profile page. I dont understand people feel the need to add incest in everything. There are tons of other games with incest. It would be forced and clearly does not align with what the dev has in mind for the game.

I am good with patches that align with the dev's plans for the game but I am strongly against adding anything that strays away from what the game is trying to be.
Bud, you are presenting evidence for a mute point. I already stated:

" Otherwise stating that the VN "was not written with incest in mind" is a huge no-shit statement "

That is not being contested by me, neither is if it's warranted. My point was addressing the topic of if it's possible to code proper and seamless... and it very well is, regardless of opinion.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
View attachment 2561330

How about this then? It is from the dev's profile page. I dont understand why people feel the need to add incest in everything. There are tons of other games with incest. It would be forced and as it does not align with what the dev has in mind for the game.

But wouldn't the Mona Lisa look better with more cleavage? I'm sure that's what DaVinci would have done if he could have gotten away with it back then.

Jan 21, 2023
Bud, you are presenting evidence for a mute point. I already stated:

" Otherwise stating that the VN "was not written with incest in mind" is a huge no-shit statement "

That is not being contested by me, neither is if it's warranted. My point was addressing the topic of if it's possible to code proper and seamless... and it very well is, regardless of opinion.
Ah my bad. I misunderstood what you are saying.

But wouldn't the Mona Lisa look better with more cleavage? I'm sure that's what DaVinci would have done if he could have gotten away with it back then.
An incest patch makes sense if dalia and penny were adopted by nancy because of patron - I would definitely want a patch for that. However making Orion Nancy's son would probably not make sense because it seems to me like the dev has a different backstory for Orion in mind. Patches should enhance the game not alter it.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Patches should enhance the game not alter it.
This opinion is fair and I also have that specific as the only point of coding SanchoMod for any VN I supply publicly... for enhancement. But we must all agree that it is opinion only. Others are calling for and will continue to call for alteration. Now, with that said, if it's going to be altered I would simply suggest that it's done proper and not by some shitty hack like most third-party patches do. Most patches require more than simply changing "landlady" to "mom"... there's actual sentence/paragraph replacement which means that individual must have authoring abilities that can adapt to the style of the developer/team. This is the difference between a proper "patch" and a shitty hack and slash which serves no one. On that I'm sure we can all agree regardless of which side of the fence we're on.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Most patches require more than simply changing "landlady" to "mom"... there's actual sentence/paragraph replacement which means that individual must have authoring abilities that can adapt to the style of the developer/team. This is the difference between a proper "patch" and a shitty hack and slash which serves no one.
Then again, with some Devs, it looks like they've used "Google Translate" to convert their native language to English, in which case any hack could do it and your services would not be required. ;)

Eternum would require someone like you to do it if it were to be done and done right. But, please don't. Or, if you do, please keep it to yourself. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I don't think I've seen a collection of posts quite like this page, where there's apparently some antagonism (from a particular source) yet everyone seems to agree with what's being said anyway ...

EDIT: As for my haypenny: If it says Landlady, I expect an iPatch ... if not, I don't.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I don't think I've seen a collection of posts quite like this page, where there's apparently some antagonism (from a particular source) yet everyone seems to agree with what's being said anyway ...

EDIT: As for my haypenny: If it says Landlady, I expect an iPatch ... if not, I don't.
I think delivery matters.

This is a multinational board, so I give a lot of leeway for syntax issues, but even with that, at times, the way someone chooses to say something just doesn't get the point across as was possibly intended - even a point I might agree with or at least respect - and that gets the brain screwed up with a "what did he just say?" I think there was a bit of that going on today.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
The return of the Ipatch topic ... I'm soooo surprised... :sneaky:
At the end of the day, it's no different than the South Park episode with the fish stick joke, where Cartman manipulates himself into believing that the joke was his idea.

Reactions: Dylan741

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
For me incest would actually drive me away from the game rather than anything and I'm happy that Eternum doesn't have it, but if it is an optional 3rd party patch that you can just not install in the first place and it takes no dev time away from the development of the actual game...if people put the effort in themselves and it - somehow - makes them like the game more...by all means...

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
For me incest would actually drive me away from the game rather than anything and I'm happy that Eternum doesn't have it, but if it is an optional 3rd party patch that you can just not install in the first place and it takes no dev time away from the development of the actual game...if people put the effort in themselves and it - somehow - makes them like the game more...by all means...
I don't care if game is or not incest. Many of best games here are incest. But a game should be created as incest game, not to try to become one. And this game wasn't made as incest game. Point.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
I don't care if game is or not incest. Many of best games here are incest. But a game should be created as incest game, not to try to become one. And this game wasn't made as incest game. Point.
If the game doesn't change for you, why would you even care?

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
I'have just played this update and it has pleasantly surprise me, because it seems one theories of mine was (more or less) correct. Indeed I was wondering if the Gates of Acheron named in the mysterious phone call at the begin of the game, was some sort of server-cemetery, in which were confined the psyches of the players and/or the developers dead playing the game or testing it.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
If the game doesn't change for you, why would you even care?
I play both types of the game and love both types. If a game is created as incest game, I have no problems to play it with patch, but when a game isn't meant to be an incest game, why should we "force" the incest when there isn't any logic in that. Anyone who played it see there is no incest, there was flashbacks from past, and I saw not a one hint about incest. Nancy is one of my best characters there, grown woman (mother figure, MILF, that she is) but her mind is younger, now when MC arrived. And she try to compete with girls half her age. And she's good at it. A woman with experience using that experience and weapons of a woman. And her fists... (one of my favorite scenes in this game)

Reactions: sava75

shucia

Jan 3, 2019
I liked incest but imo most of the incest game on this platform are bad and cringey without much build up and like some people said not every games must be incest.
Im still waiting here for any devs to develop an incest game where the blood related character either be mom/son, bro/sis etc doesnt live together and have no clue that they are related until much later after they are in a romantic/sexual relationship or story based on Oedipus tale also would be nice.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
why should we "force" the incest when there isn't any logic in that
But that is the point: You don't force it. You'll never see it, if you don't deliberately download and install the patch. It literally changes NOTHING for you, if you don't want to. Like...I wouldn't use that patch either, but why being against it, if it doesn't change a thing and the developer of the game is okay with it as well?

Reactions: Tavi13 and sava75
4.80 star(s) 911 Votes