Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
IIRC that convo between Nova and Alex in that "Pixar" server seem to suggest that there was some controversy about letting kids play Eternum after some pedo started luring kids in some kiddie-friendly server or such. Can't seem to recall what came out of that tho (although I seem to recall that there was a trial about it?).

Can't really check since I already deleted the game from my hard drive so that I have enough space for 0.6, lol.
The Ulysses's lawyers used the loophole in the (various? I think) laws during the trials to avoid the sentence and the fine, and I think like it happen irl, there's minors playing Eternum but it's only a guess, because we didn't see an underage boys/girls playing it yet.
The kid from the Garrington's heist was a little girl yes, but we don't know who/what she really is since she's part of the Syndicate.
So there's not a clear answer to the issue for now at least. :)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Dorfnutter

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
IIRC that convo between Nova and Alex in that "Pixar" server seem to suggest that there was some controversy about letting kids play Eternum after some pedo started luring kids in some kiddie-friendly server or such. Can't seem to recall what came out of that tho (although I seem to recall that there was a trial about it?).

Can't really check since I already deleted the game from my hard drive so that I have enough space for 0.6, lol.
Alex mentioned that Eternum unfortunately won the case, given that the company had more money to burn in hiring good legal advisors and used various loopholes to dodge their responsibility. And since you're downloading the game from scratch, enjoy replaying it then!

Edit: About that little girl with the Syndicate (the one with the letter), I wonder how much she's connected with them or is she just a messenger. :unsure:

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Dorfnutter

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Dude, a 1 TB SSD costs like what? 50 bucks? :ROFLMAO:
Yeah well my old drive died a while back and I'm currently running a 500GB SSD that's close to full.

Also I'm currently saving for a new workstation so money's kinda tight atm (this month will probably be the last time I donate to Cari...at least for the time being).

He could be on a laptop.
Yes I am, actually (lol).

Last edited:
Reactions: Salviocass99

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
The Ulysses's lawyers used the loophole in the (various? I think) laws during the trials to avoid the sentence and the fine, and I think like it happen irl, there's minors playing Eternum but it's only a guess, because we didn't see an underage boys/girls playing it yet.
The kid from the Garrington's heist was a little girl yes, but we don't know who/what she really is since she's part of the Syndicate.
So there's not a clear answer to the issue for now at least. :)
I mean...minors can't just secretly play Eternum just like that. They still need a 2.5k implant that someone has to buy them.
And I don't know about your parents, but if I would've asked my parents for a Christmas present worth 2.5k they would've just laughed at me and moved on. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah well my old drive died a while back and I'm currently running a 500GB SSD that's close to full.

Also I'm currently saving for a new workstation so money's kinda tight atm (this month will probably be the last time I donate to Cari...at least for the time being).
Drives dying sucks, yeah.

Workstation? Sounds expansive...with like...a Threadripper or something?

LostGhost

May 16, 2021

you're going to delete old version anyway so it's the best idea but 500gb? How do you manage everything with it?

kumenl0l

Mar 21, 2020

Yes I am, actually (lol).
yeah i just ordered a 2tb ssd as well when i realized the launch build for baldurs gate 3 is 150gigs lmao

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I mean...minors can't just secretly play Eternum just like that. They still need a 2.5k implant that someone has to buy them.
And I don't know about your parents, but if I would've asked my parents for a Christmas present worth 2.5k they would've just laughed at me and moved on. :ROFLMAO:

Never said that ( and I agree with you, if I tried to ask something like the neural implant my parents would have disowned me instead..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:), but like it happen in irl we can suppose it happened in the game too.
There's nothing that's confirms it or deny it, it' just a thing I added to the discussion to pass the time waiting for the leak.
Eeeeh... Wait, wait, wait....
waiting.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Takkatakka

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Yea for people who don't like ntr I understand if ntr is shoved in then that's not good but if it was one optional scene then honestly I don't understand. If you don't like ntr then don't make that choice in game. I definitely agree with you at most parts.
You are trying to impose logic on the illogical. For whatever reason, the mere existence of the bad choice is more than their little minds can endure. It seems to literally hurt them that pixels in an imaginary world might be portrayed as doing something that they don't like IRL and it breaks them. Professional help is likely needed.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017

Lolno. I say "workstation" but in all honesty it's just a midrange setup that I could use for work as well as for gaming and playing VNs (lol).

you're going to delete old version anyway so it's the best idea but 500gb? How do you manage everything with it?
Uhm...save what I need here, delete what I don't, save some backups on the cloud...that's pretty much it, I think?

yeah i just ordered a 2tb ssd as well when i realized the launch build for baldurs gate 3 is 150gigs lmao
...That's actually why I'm saving for a new "workstation," lol. Current laptop could no longer handle that shit back in EA (I mean, to be fair, it did run at 30fps on all low settings but...I don't want to run the game on full release like that lol), so I need something beefier (and I don't really need a laptop replacement atm so I'm gunning for a desktop).

Reactions: Salviocass99

Papertrail013

Apr 8, 2023
You are trying to impose logic on the illogical. For whatever reason, the mere existence of the bad choice is more than their little minds can endure. It seems to literally hurt them that pixels in an imaginary world might be portrayed as doing something that they don't like IRL and it breaks them. Professional help is likely needed.
Well I get that people want to rp as the main character and that's why pixels in an imaginary world may not be what you want to rp. The problem I have is that if the choice exists not to do it then do what you want. That's the point of rp, to have a ton of options. To me it's different to rp on a track without the option for something different even if some people might not like the other option.
They might not need professional help but honestly we need better communication. I can't judge. We all have different issues, but people need to realize that they don't have to participate in a fetish just because of the option.

4.80 star(s) 902 Votes