Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Well that's sure that the whole "retrieve the 10 gems of doom and become the CEO of Ulysses" thing is just a smokescreen and nothing of that will happen at the end. Now I wonder how people will react after hearing that the sudden death caused by a "stroke" are in fact caused by playing Eternum(and by Ulysses), will they believe it at first? Certainly not everyone, will they keep playing the game after this news? Yes I think so. What's certain is that both Eternum (the game) and Ulysseswill experience upheavals (just imagine if some players get their hands in the whole " excommunicated" thing and can start kiling others people/player for real)
Nah my prediction is that Eternum (the VRMMO) will just suddenly shut down without warning once Orion and co "break the cycle" and reopen Acheron (allowing the spirits trapped in Eternum to pass on to their respective afterlives), leading to an inquiry/investigation back in the real world that will reveal a lot of uncomfortable stuff that's happening in the game and under Ulysses watch, but nothing about excommunication leading to souls being trapped in Eternum nor of its true nature because those secrets will likely die with William and the Founde-

/gets put on a chokehold by his Brain

-Fuck, he noticed. Anyway, the high IRL player deaths and Ulysses covering them up or paying up officials in various countries to cover it up will cause a heavy scandal and the subsequent jailing of the board, William and the Founder will be put in FBI's Most Wanted list and will be believed to be in hiding (despite them having died but no one save for Orion and co knows about it), the political and economical fallout will be a shitshow because of the exposes on corrupt officials revealed to be under Ulysses' payroll (wouldn't even surprise me if it's revealed that good ol' Stabby Mike left politics because of this, seeing how his other colleagues got bought one by one by Ulysses and the company itself trying to court him as well but he said no and everyone turned on him as a result) and how much the world economies are tied to Eternum and with it shut down the world governments turn on Ulysses and start taking its remaining assets to prevent a worldwide economic collapse, resulting in the company itself becoming bankrupt and defunct afterwards-

/Brain's chokehold tightens

-so that pretty much leaves the real world shaken but still relatively normal for the most part. Doubt Caribdis will cause an upheaval of sorts in the world that will be a bit difficult to follow up in the next game. Kinda like how in OIAL the Sons got exposed but other than that the world remained pretty much the same. But then again, Cari might mix it up this time so-

/Brain's chokehold tightens further

-OKAY, OKAY, I'M DONE, I'M DONE. I HAVEN'T EVEN REVEALED THE ENTIRETY OF THE THEORY-

/Brain drags me away

-ANYWAY I'LL JUST CONTINUE THIS WHEN LATER UPDATES CONFIRM OR DEBUNK STUFF I'M PREDICTING WILL HAPPEN AND HOPEFULLY THIS WILL MAKE MY BRAIN STOP TRYING TO KILL ME EVERYTIME I TRY TO REVEAL STUFF THAT'S NOT READY YET-

/voice fades in the distance

Last edited:

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
Nah my prediction is that Eternum (the VRMMO) will just suddenly shut down without warning once Orion and co "break the cycle" and reopen Acheron (allowing the spirits trapped in Eternum to pass on to their respective afterlives), leading to an inquiry/investigation back in the real world that will reveal a lot of uncomfortable stuff that's happening in the game and under Ulysses watch, but nothing about excommunication leading to souls being trapped in Eternum nor of its true nature because those secrets will likely die with William and the Founde-

-Fuck, he noticed. Anyway, the high IRL player deaths and Ulysses covering them up or paying up officials in various countries to cover it up will cause a heavy scandal and the subsequent jailing of the board, William and the Founder will be put in FBI's Most Wanted list and will be believed to be in hiding (despite them having died but no one save for Orion and co knows about it), the political and economical fallout will be a shitshow because of the exposes on corrupt officials revealed to be under Ulysses' payroll (wouldn't even surprise me if it's revealed that good ol' Stabby Mike left politics because of this, seeing how his other colleagues got bought one by one by Ulysses and the company itself trying to court him as well but he said no and everyone turned on him as a result) and how much the world economies are tied to Eternum and with it shut down the world governments turn on Ulysses and start taking its remaining assets to prevent a worldwide economic collapse, resulting in the company itself becoming bankrupt and defunct afterwards-

-so that pretty much leaves the real world shaken but still relatively normal for the most part. Doubt Caribdis will cause an upheaval of sorts in the world that will be a bit difficult to follow up in the next game. Kinda like how in OIAL the Sons got exposed but other than that the world remained pretty much the same. But then again, Cari might mix it up this time so-

-OKAY, OKAY, I'M DONE, I'M DONE. I HAVEN'T EVEN REVEALED THE ENTIRETY OF THE THEORY-

/Brain drags me away

-ANYWAY I'LL JUST CONTINUE THIS WHEN LATER UPDATES CONFIRM OR DEBUNK STUFF I'M PREDICTING WILL HAPPEN AND HOPEFULLY THIS WILL MAKE MY BRAIN STOP TRYING TO KILL ME EVERYTIME I TRY TO REVEAL STUFF THAT'S NOT READY YET-

4whz76.png
I read all of it and if half of it happen you deserve to have at least 4 months of Caribdis income :Kappa:(nonetheless interesting theory)

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022

/Brain drags me away

TL/DR:
I mean, [MC's] goal basically amounts to either destroying the world economy as they know it or world domination, so [supporting a Harem's brood] might not be as big a problem as it sounds ...

• Haha
Reactions: Dorfnutter

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I mean the Ulysses payout after the fall will pretty much keep the world relatively stable after...but yeah, the short-term financial and economic shitshow that results from a lot of people losing their in-game jobs/source of income and literal economies being cut off from Eternum will be quite something...if we even get to see that and not be delegated as a news reel footnote-

/gets knocked unconscious by brain and dragged away again

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

Faszmalac

Jul 27, 2023
I mean the Ulysses payout after the fall will pretty much keep the world relatively stable after...but yeah, the short-term financial and economic shitshow that results from a lot of people losing their in-game jobs/source of income and literal economies being cut off from Eternum will be quite something...if we even get to see that and not be delegated as a news reel footnote-

/gets knocked unconscious by brain and dragged away again
Y'all are missing the point when Ulysses is being abandoned and brought down, and Nova hacks in, transferring the funds quietly and living a happy harem life after with all the girls and Orion :WeSmart:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Y'all are missing the point when Ulysses is being abandoned and brought down, and Nova hacks in, transferring the funds quietly and living a happy harem life after with all the girls and Orion :WeSmart:
Not sure if Orion and co would want to touch the money of a corporation that benefitted from keeping the dead souls of the multiverse trapped and denied of their rest in their respective afterlives. At best they'll see the payout and fall of Ulysses as punishment for their transgressions, with Nova likely stealing a little and pass it off as her own "savings" (despite some disapproval from members of the harem at first). Again, my prediction is the funds won't make them live off as kings and queens, but it'll be more than enough for Orion and co to at least start a small business and/or have the other members of the harem finish schooling and settle down eventually in one household (likely at Nancy's...which means heavy renovations are likely a-coming for that house).

Last edited:
Reactions: Ellyx

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Uhhhh... While you're in a bit of a brain drain, lemme add a bit to this...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Like I said there will be fallout and it'll likely be talked about in the next game...but it won't be such great of an upheaval that Cari will have to take that into consideration in the events of the next game (and by consideration I mean in a "the game's location and events that are going to happen are heavily affected by the events of Eternum and you'll see the unintended consequences of Orion and co's actions" kind of way). At best it'll be some background fluff or one of the characters/LIs will come from a family that was affected by the economic/political fallout. But other than that it'll likely be "business as usual" for the world.

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
Like I said there will be fallout and it'll likely be talked about in the next game...but it won't be such great of an upheaval that Cari will have to take that into consideration in the events of the next game (and by consideration I mean in a "the game's location and events that are going to happen are heavily affected by the events of Eternum and you'll see the unintended consequences of Orion and co's actions" kind of way). At best it'll be some background fluff or one of the characters/LIs will come from a family that was affected by the economic/political fallout. But other than that it'll likely be "business as usual" for the world.

Last edited:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Yeah at best we're speculating but it's gonna be author's rules for this one. The problem is that he's involving global economies right along with cosmo level events which would shake the foundations of everything.

Then the next thirsty MC comes by saying "Hi, I'm MC and I've never had a gf before this adventure but somehow pull so many girls that want my sausage. I like hugs!"

Which is why my money is on what I said (shakeup in that it won't remain unnoticed or relegated to rumors and hearsays, but not to the point that it would affect the status quo in a very significant way (like if it's revealed to the masses that Eternum is indeed the Astral Plane and that spirits and aliens and monsters exist there...imagine the religious and philosophical upheavals that would result on that one) or that the next story could heavily revolve around the fallout of said shakeup). Less of a headache for Cari that way and allows him to focus on another round of harem building in the next story without so much as worrying about having to reread his own canon on a constant basis just to keep himself from forgetting his own established lore (and getting called out by eagle-eyed lore hunters about it >:3).

Again, could be wrong and Cari decides to go for it (and deal with the slew of consequences on the writing side that comes after). That's on him to work on eventually, lol

Reactions: Ungawa

terza

Apr 2, 2021
If this were you what do you think you should do in these situations? Even I, the player, got intimidated by these scenes with all those guns around.

You're up against a formidable enemy who holds absolute authority and power, and who has a track record of hostility and wreaking havoc in others' lives. This adversary knows everything about you and your loved one, and to make matters worst, you find yourself in their territory. What options do you have?

on the other hand, you, who may be strongest in video games(?) but in real life you are just a kid who didn't even finish high school yet. You're lacking information about your foe and their capabilities. even if you have some advantage (Calypso and Gems) to use as a bargaining ship. But in the face of overwhelming power, can you do anything besides relying on plot armor?

Even if you can run to Eternum with your own body, what about your loved one?
Even if you want to fight, do you have enough resolve to burn yourself (and your loved one) along with your enemy?

The fact that he was targeting Alex and not you, despite having all the information, is your only saving grace. Given his personality, it's unlikely that he hesitated to resort to underhanded methods. Perhaps he's unable to leverage the threat of Calypso and Gems against you due to certain restrictions? Or maybe he has his own plan that holds greater value than a mere cheap trick?

for me, given William's personality, the only way to catch him off guard and (maybe) calm him down is to tell him that you will become king of Eternum and marry his daughter. If he didn't get even more pissed off than he already is, at least you can still buy some time with this.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ArDZer

misteriousy

May 4, 2020
This update is the greatest update so far and the animation is so amazing 11/10.
*Plots twist {IMO} Mc is the hidden Ceo pretended to be homeless playing with his childhoods sweet heart. So far it's hinted toward that imo.

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
Are you trying to curse him to have his leg broken and be beheaded? Or for Eternum to never be completed?!?!

Then again, he looks nothing like Sean Bean...
He looks a little like Sean...More younger but is like him :LOL: Don´t tell me not.

4.80 star(s) 919 Votes