Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Likely unintentional, given that some of the maps used for Eternum has also been used in other HS1/HS2 VNs (i.e. the place where Orion meets Nancy for the first time also exists in "Fates Collide," which is set in another city in another universe).
I guess, it's just a set for the environment, other VNs also have such matches.

Yeah I know. Likely used because of the "star" reference (there's been a lot of that in the game, likely due to "Orion" and all). Also one of my crackpot theories is that the true ending might play the lullaby version of that just to signify that the danger is past and the story is finally over-

/starts getting strangled by brain for sharing another ending theory which it doesn't want me sharing just yet

/taps brain saying "it was just one minor part of the theory, IT WAS JUST ONE MINOR PART-"
I still have to run through the first game of Caribdis to understand it better. I initially thought that Eternum is like the Matrix and Ready Player One combined, soul stealing is like a Soul Killer virus, but I talked to a friend who knows Eternum and he also claims that Eternum is the astral world, or parallel realities. And the lore of Eternum is based on techno-magic, not sci-fi cyberpunk. Allows me to look at the game from a different perspective.

Reactions: Dorfnutter

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I guess, it's just a set for the environment, other VNs also have such matches.

I still have to run through the first game of Caribdis to understand it better. I initially thought that Eternum is like the Matrix and Ready Player One combined, soul stealing is like a Soul Killer virus, but I talked to a friend who knows Eternum and he also claims that Eternum is the astral world, or parallel realities. And the lore of Eternum is based on techno-magic, not sci-fi cyberpunk. Allows me to look at the game from a different perspective.
Anyone with at least some knowledge or interest of the occult and/or how astral projection works will likely come to the same hypothesis given the stuff we've learned so far (i.e. Playing Eternum feels like a 'vivid dream,' People like the 'Alien' creator has access to Eternum via dreaming even before Ulysses and the neural implant came into existence, Orion himself having accessed Eternum or at least came close to it via hallucinogenic substances (the shrooms back at the costume party) and by dreaming (the most blatant evidence being his "first bleeding" event, the second being him finding himself at the Collector event) - both being legit ways on how to induce an out-of-body experience and therefore create an astral projection).

Playing OIAL might not tip off someone regarding the matter (though IMO the final event of OIAL 0.2 has the biggest foreshadowing/connection to the stuff happening to Orion in Eternum so far), but the mere fact that it establishes some rules/stuff in the setting (i.e. the existence of magic (genuine magic), the supernatural, and otherworldly beings such as demons) potentially spoils part of the mystery surrounding Eternum IMO (and could potentially lead someone to speculate that supernatural shenanigans are once again afoot in this new tale). But then again, that's the inherent issue with setting titles in a shared universe, in that you can't just ignore stuff that has been established in the early title in order to maintain consistency.

However, history has show that there are ways to circumvent that. I personally think that M. Night Shyamalan - for all the flak that he gets for his writing - pulled the shared universe thing well with his 'Unbreakable' trilogy by revealing the second film's connection to the shared universe only AT THE END of the story, and I think Eternum would've worked better as a mystery VN had it been done that way. Then again, not everyone is into the occult or has played or is interested in playing OIAL (yeah I've seen some people dismiss playing it because of the dated visuals or have given up playing it because of the rough first chapter), so it's those players that are likely to become surprised/have their minds blown if the established rules and elements from the first game start showing up in the story, even if they are aware that this takes place quite some time after OIAL (since some of the supernatural stuff starts to happen once you get past the first chapter, and not many might have gotten that far).

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Anyone with at least some knowledge or interest of the occult and/or how astral projection works will likely come to the same hypothesis given the stuff we've learned so far (i.e. Playing Eternum feels like a 'vivid dream,' People like the 'Alien' creator has access to Eternum via dreaming even before Ulysses and the neural implant came into existence, Orion himself having accessed Eternum or at least came close to it via hallucinogenic substances (the shrooms back at the costume party) and by dreaming (the most blatant evidence being his "first bleeding" event, the second being him finding himself at the Collector event) - both being legit ways on how to induce an out-of-body experience and therefore create an astral projection).

Playing OIAL might not tip off someone regarding the matter (though IMO the final event of OIAL 0.2 has the biggest foreshadowing/connection to the stuff happening to Orion in Eternum so far), but the mere fact that it establishes some rules/stuff in the setting (i.e. the existence of magic (genuine magic), the supernatural, and otherworldly beings such as demons) potentially spoils part of the mystery surrounding Eternum IMO (and could potentially lead someone to speculate that supernatural shenanigans are once again afoot in this new tale). But then again, that's the inherent issue with setting titles in a shared universe, in that you can't just ignore stuff that has been established in the early title in order to maintain consistency.

However, history has show that there are ways to circumvent that. I personally think that M. Night Shyamalan - for all the flak that he gets for his writing - pulled the shared universe thing well with his 'Unbreakable' trilogy by revealing the second film's connection to the shared universe only AT THE END of the story, and I think Eternum would've worked better as a mystery VN had it been done that way. Then again, not everyone is into the occult or has played or is interested in playing OIAL (yeah I've seen some people dismiss playing it because of the dated visuals or have given up playing it because of the rough first chapter), so it's those players that are likely to become surprised/have their minds blown if the established rules and elements from the first game start showing up in the story, even if they are aware that this takes place quite some time after OIAL (since some of the supernatural stuff starts to happen once you get past the first chapter, and not many might have gotten that far).
I guess for people who study the occult it is. I am unfamiliar with this area, limited to watching 15 seasons of Supernatural and similar projects. :ROFLMAO:
I am the kind of person who is accustomed to the scientific explanation of phenomena. When I was viewing MC's hallucinations first time at the gas station, the Animus "Bleeding effect" (Assassin's Creed) immediately came to mind.
And the fact that people see inspiration for their creativity in a dream, including through a connection with Eternum before the creation of a neurochip, is similar to the theory that people “look” into other worlds in a dream. Some argue that this may be indirect evidence of the Multiverse existing.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Dorfnutter

Yvier the Duck

Dec 25, 2020
Please note that the Sydicate Messenger wears a 6 pointed Star of David while the other images show a 5 pointed star. If the Sydicate really does use symbols, they will rarely use them one way or the other.
it can be a rank and not a symbol. 5 stars a newbie, 6 stars an administrator, 7 stars the boss, etc.
But no, I don't think that Eva was in the syndicate, at least not in your first encounter.

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020

Out of body experiences are not necessary in my opinion to explain the events. There is always talk of an implant that you have to "install" before you can access Eternum. For me, an implant implies something that I can no longer remove after installation. This interface is always available afterwards. The bodysuite, i.e. the additional technical modules, would only be necessary to compensate for the incompatibilities of the respective user. Users who experience phenomena in reality experience something like the augmented realities provided by Google and Microsoft glasses only at a much higher technical level. However, such "appearances" require a minimum amount of bandwidth for data exchange. That's why Orion had his vision at the gas station and not somewhere while driving with Luna and her dad.
The catch in my theory is that Axel said that the computing power required for Eternum is far too great and cannot be explained by the data centers that are ahead on Earth.
Anyone who has read Wiliam Gibson's Newromancer trilogy and remembers the end of it may find a possible solution to this dilema. By the end of the three books, cyberspace has "extended" beyond the confines of the solar system and connected to the cyberspace of another civilization. And so suddenly journeys to completely different worlds become possible.
In the case of this game, the creator of the "game" may have given the world access to the computing power of the entire galaxy.

JohnEffinDoe

Jun 11, 2017
Guys i have a simple question would be grateful if you guys can answer....I'm a hardcore milf enjoyer and i have seen there are no milfs in this game, so just for the story and not for the sex scenes will i still be able to enjoy it? I want to know why this game is so highly rated

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Dorfnutter I got a concept for you that you might just percolate on...

What if Eva has some ties to the Syndicate?
Nope, just thought of it while I'm playing honestly. I'm not on the Discord at all. Reason I'm thinking she's on the Syndicate take is that she continues to bump into MC despite whatever else. I suddenly thought about the envelope. I think there's a plausible thought she may come up again as a connection to the Syndicate OR a human group we know since she's busy doing her own thing. She's still a wild card but I just can't help shake the feeling she'll be important right along with Annie.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Out of body experiences are not necessary in my opinion to explain the events. There is always talk of an implant that you have to "install" before you can access Eternum. For me, an implant implies something that I can no longer remove after installation. This interface is always available afterwards. The bodysuite, i.e. the additional technical modules, would only be necessary to compensate for the incompatibilities of the respective user. Users who experience phenomena in reality experience something like the augmented realities provided by Google and Microsoft glasses only at a much higher technical level. However, such "appearances" require a minimum amount of bandwidth for data exchange. That's why Orion had his vision at the gas station and not somewhere while driving with Luna and her dad.
The catch in my theory is that Axel said that the computing power required for Eternum is far too great and cannot be explained by the data centers that are ahead on Earth.
Anyone who has read Wiliam Gibson's Newromancer trilogy and remembers the end of it may find a possible solution to this dilema. By the end of the three books, cyberspace has "extended" beyond the confines of the solar system and connected to the cyberspace of another civilization. And so suddenly journeys to completely different worlds become possible.
In the case of this game, the creator of the "game" may have given the world access to the computing power of the entire galaxy.
Except again, you have the dilemma of this going against the events* and rules that were established in the past game and the author's insistence that they share the same universe. Had Cari kept the shared universe thing a secret, then the sci-fi implications of the story could be taken into consideration without issue. However, the shared universe thing (as well as the secret ending in OIAL - which establishes that OIAL is just some sort of "server" to Eternum - being clarified by Cari as non-canon and just a fun easter egg of sorts) kinda makes that difficult unless you throw all of the established rules of the setting under the bus.

Edit: Added stuff for context

Last edited:

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
it can be a rank and not a symbol. 5 stars a newbie, 6 stars an administrator, 7 stars the boss, etc.
But no, I don't think that Eva was in the syndicate, at least not in your first encounter.
Copy-of-c8040ac9113e866c55878b33530b4b42.jpg

;)

So, what you're saying is...

that Dalia secretly works for the Syndicate and keeps tabs on Orion? :unsure::HideThePain:

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
Except again, you have the dilemma of this going against the events and rules that were established in the past game and the author's insistence that they share the same universe. Had Cari kept the shared universe thing a secret, then the sci-fi implications of the story could be taken into consideration without issue. However, the shared universe thing (as well as the secret ending in OIAL - which establishes that OIAL is just some sort of "server" to Eternum - being clarified by Cari as non-canon and just a fun easter egg of sorts) kinda makes that difficult unless you throw all of the established rules of the setting under the bus.
I'm not as deep into the history of the games as you are, so I can't understand your arguments here (and therefore can't refute them or suggest a solution for them.), although I believe they're valid.
But the fact that Axel said the computing power on earth would not be sufficient does not mean that there are no data centers on earth running Ethernum. So also a server, or server farm, for OIAL.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I'm not as deep into the history of the games as you are, so I can't understand your arguments here (and therefore can't refute them or suggest a solution for them.), although I believe they're valid.
But the fact that Axel said the computing power on earth would not be sufficient does not mean that there are no data centers on earth running Ethernum. So also a server, or server farm, for OIAL.
Check my edit on the same post for context regarding what I'm talking about, just to give you an idea.

Reactions: hzjujk

Zappyboi

Oct 1, 2018
Guys i have a simple question would be grateful if you guys can answer....I'm a hardcore milf enjoyer and i have seen there are no milfs in this game, so just for the story and not for the sex scenes will i still be able to enjoy it? I want to know why this game is so highly rated
You do have a MILF and that is the mom of the girls aka red hair Nancy. So far in the story she is the only MILF right now but Im telling you she know the way to make you hard af ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Also if you take out the sex scene and just want to hook up with the story, trust me it's so good down to the core, if anyone dare to say Eternum story is bad I will beat them to death and then turn myself to the police.

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
You do have a MILF and that is the mom of the girls aka red hair Nancy. So far in the story she is the only MILF right now but Im telling you she know the way to make you hard af ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Also if you take out the sex scene and just want to hook up with the story, trust me it's so good down to the core, if anyone dare to say Eternum story is bad I will beat them to death and then turn myself to the police.
Ethernum's story is sooooo bad! And now?

• Wow
Reactions: Salviocass99

agrdtcwa

Aug 4, 2023
Yeah not a lot of milfs in this game. There is one but thats about it. I would not play it if you want an AVN that only focuses on MILFs. The game itself is a lighthearted harem game with a decent plot. It is a feel-good game and it tries to make all the likeable so you will not find a lot of romance focused soap opera style drama if thats what you are looking for. The romance is mostly happy/wholesome in this game. It is also a bit of a slow burn so if you are looking for a porn focused game this might not be for you (although things are at a point where they are escalating). I find the story interesting but others might disagree if they dont care for the genre or themes.

Its hard to say if you will like it unless you try it yourself. If you dont like it you can stop at any point. It is free to try so you are not losing anything. Maybe you will think it is overrated but it is worth giving it a shot. I recommend following the walkthrough to make the most of your experience. This is one of those games where I genuinely think not following the walkthrough and losing character paths lessens the experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnEffinDoe
4.80 star(s) 918 Votes