noobtrain

Can't we all get along?
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
Evil 2 - Version 0.59

Download

This is an update only (just under 4 GB). The base game is required and must be installed first (12 GB).

Read the 'Requirements' section on the OP before downloading!

Grab version 0.61 after installing 0.55 Beta base game and 0.59 (update).

Installation

Evil 2 - 0.55 Beta (base game) is required and must be installed first!

1. Copy 'Evil 2 - 0_59.7z' to your 'Evil 2' folder (not the 'Evil' folder inside this one)
2. Right-click on 'Evil 2 - 0_59.7z' - 7-zip - Extract Here (don't create a new folder!) - Overwrite All (if you aren't prompted to overwrite existing files then you didn't install the update correctly!)

General Notes

Thank you to all of you who reported bugs and provided valuable feedback! It is greatly appreciated! Thank you to all of you who have supported this game and myself!

The changelog is large and is contained in the spoiler below. It is also attached as a Rich Text Document in a 7-zip archive.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The Developer Notes/FAQ has information on general troubleshooting and has a list of all the console commands/cheats in the new version.

Using an Existing/Old Save Game

Save games started with version 0.55 Beta or newer should be mostly compatible. If you have a save game older than version 0.55 Beta, I highly recommend starting a new game.

Run these two console commands in the spectre1viper command injector to help the game read in the new code:

gs'dyn' & gs'dyn2' & gs'dyn3' & gs'textref' & gs'dinsex' & gs'dinsex2'
dynamic $d_clear_vars & dynamic $d_clear_random

Run both of the above commands twice when you are at home with no NPCs on the screen.

Family Trouble Story Notes

Some events happen rather quickly. Due to the college student playthrough I can't advance the time much without breaking it. If you think that some events need more time to occur before happening or happen too quickly then you now know why. I will sometimes just pretend or tell you that time has gone by when it physically hasn't so I don't break different playthroughs. There were a lot of times during part 1 of the story with lots of days in between events. I attempted to minimize this in part 2.

Some audio and video sources had loud audio and some had very faint audio. I attempted to normalize it the best I could, however when the source is very faint I can only increase the volume to a certain point. I apologize if you have to adjust your speaker or headphone volume up and down several times during the story. I'm at the mercy of the asset sources.

All text is important to the story and advances the story. Don't rush through it or you will miss a lot! I keep the story moving at a good pace. Take your time and enjoy it.

I added some music to several places in the story. If you don't like my music choices you can turn the music off but I recommend that you wait until the story is over before doing so (music continues to play at a few spots in the game after the story is finished).

disable_music=0 (default - music is enabled)
disable_music=1 (disable music using this console command if you wish - won't disable music attached to videos)

You can disable and enable the music as much as you'd like (it won't hurt anything).

I hate to bring this up but I know a player will eventually so I'll beat them to the punch. Your sister Anna's behavior in the game can be erratic at times. There are reasons for this which will come to light the more you play. Even still I will tell you as the author that Anna does NOT have a mental disorder of any kind! I developed all the characters personally so I am the authority on this. Anna does have some bipolar tendencies to her personality, however they are a natural part of her character due to several reasons which will be revealed throughout the story.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I was going to provide a save game to start Part 1 and Part 2 of the Family Trouble storyline. I decided against this and did something even better. Using console commands, players can skip ahead to the family story without affecting the rest of the game. This has many advantages. First, it allows you to customize your own character completely. Second, it still allows you to play through the 5 random/special events later once you meet the requirements for them. A save game doesn't allow either to occur.

I only recommend that players use the console commands if they are interested in the Family Trouble visual novel and nothing else. I strongly encourage everyone to play the game normally and use cheats as needed to customize the level of grind that they are comfortable with.

dynamic $d_start_family_trouble_story_part_1
dynamic $d_start_family_trouble_story_part_2

Information about triggering the 5 random/special events and the new 'Family Trouble' story

Last edited:

noobtrain

Can't we all get along?
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
Can u put out update from 58 to 59?
I rearranged some files in the new version so no there is no upgrade path from the 0.58 beta to 0.59 unfortunately. It would end up being half the size of the update so isn't worth it for me to try and create.

disasterpiece

Jun 25, 2017
Any chance of getting this in a more manageable collection? Gdrive is always over cap and Mega only allows 5gb. I tried the compressed version but not sure what is what anymore as theres like 7 or so patches/fixes/updates to get that settled I'm pretty sure I'll fuck it up somewhere. An all in one GoFile / WorkUp or Split links would be much better. Please someone, and thank you if so.

edit.... And if not... I just start with 0.5 and just keep adding the next higher one, right?
Capture.JPG

Last edited:

noobtrain

Can't we all get along?
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
Any chance of getting this in a more manageable collection? Gdrive is always over cap and Mega only allows 5gb. I tried the compressed version but not sure what is what anymore as theres like 7 or so patches/fixes/updates to get that settled I'm pretty sure I'll fuck it up somewhere. An all in one GoFile / WorkUp or Split links would be much better. Please someone, and thank you if so.

edit.... And if not... I just start with 0.5 and just keep adding the next higher one, right?
View attachment 1989600
I'm not sure what you mean exactly. You only need two files to have the latest version of the game:

0.55 Beta Full - 12 GB
0.59 - 4 GB

All the other files you can delete.

Reactions: JennaJJ

noobtrain

Can't we all get along?
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
can someone mirror .55 base game i cant download it from google drive an dit exceeds what i can on mega
The trick to getting Mega to continue the download is by changing your IP address. If you have a VPN this is extremely easy to do (just connect to a different server).

Reactions: carajames

noobtrain

Can't we all get along?
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
(Getting this bug.)

npcloc logic bug - temploop2 - prison - please report to the developer
What version of the game are you using? If it is 0.59 try running this console command several times:
gs'npcloc'

If you still get the bug, please attach a save game.

Reactions: mattfields116

noobtrain

Can't we all get along?
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
The MC can interact with the family?

sexual stuff?
Yes, with the new 'Family Trouble' story. The long awaited incest content is here. It has been one of the most requested features. It is a deep and meaningful story with your family. It plays a lot like a visual novel.

Nevermourned

Aug 20, 2017
(I downloaded 0.55 as the base then downloaded 0.59 and copied it in. I tried the fix running in the command injector, the bug continued. Here is the save, thank you.)

Reactions: noobtrain

noobtrain

Can't we all get along?
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
Reactions: Hongfire Survivor

noobtrain

Can't we all get along?
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
(I downloaded 0.55 as the base then downloaded 0.59 and copied it in. I tried the fix running in the command injector, the bug continued. Here is the save, thank you.)
(Getting this bug.)

npcloc logic bug - temploop2 - prison - please report to the developer
Try this fix. Replace the two existing files with the two in this update.

3.90 star(s) 27 Votes