4.60 star(s) 91 Votes

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Some excellent points here. Perhaps, if we had Kadijah's backstory where the old Sultan somehow wronged her family, for instance, that might explain her motivation, since the explanation of her being motivated merely by philosophical ideas such as freedom and equality seems pretty anachronistic for the setting.
Definitely. And honestly, on some level, her perspective is entirely understandable and justified. Especially since being a female in a harem isn't necessarily the same as being a male who has nearly unprecedented access to one. Sexual politics have always been uncomfortable at best when looking closely at the past in general, let alone the topic of slavery.

But I'm mostly arguing from the perspective of the MC. Going from absolute poverty to absolute paradise is a huge incentive to maintain the status quo. Sure, you're coming from poverty so you can internalize the idea that it's unfair that some people have so much while others have so little, but once you've become one of the "haves" (even if only second-hand), the idea of losing it all and having to go back where you came from (or worse) would be incredibly terrifying. Throw in a relatively lenient master (Darius) and no direct grudge against the Sultan, and it puts a lot of weight behind not siding with Kadijah when she comes to you with what can feel like a half-assed plan to strike a blow that won't necessarily change anything and which could cost you everything (and even put people you care about at risk if you like Darius and Tahir and are afraid they'll get dragged into things in the aftermath). And she does come across somewhat manipulative, which makes it hard to trust her motivations anyway (for all the MC knows, this is just internal factional politics as usual where she's hoping to better her own position and hiding behind lofty excuses).

Again, players can view things differently (especially if they've played through before and have a different perception of her as a character), but there's plenty of justification to actively reject her (if not outright oppose her) early on. From the MC's perspective, it can border on being almost self-defense.

Reactions: zenzaxaznez

Leo Humilis

May 4, 2020
But I'm mostly arguing from the perspective of the MC. Going from absolute poverty to absolute paradise is a huge incentive to maintain the status quo. Sure, you're coming from poverty so you can internalize the idea that it's unfair that some people have so much while others have so little, but once you've become one of the "haves" (even if only second-hand), the idea of losing it all and having to go back where you came from (or worse) would be incredibly terrifying. Throw in a relatively lenient master (Darius) and no direct grudge against the Sultan, and it puts a lot of weight behind not siding with Kadijah when she comes to you with what can feel like a half-assed plan to strike a blow that won't necessarily change anything and which could cost you everything (and even put people you care about at risk if you like Darius and Tahir and are afraid they'll get dragged into things in the aftermath). And she does come across somewhat manipulative, which makes it hard to trust her motivations anyway (for all the MC knows, this is just internal factional politics as usual where she's hoping to better her own position and hiding behind lofty excuses).
Exactly. Given the premise, I personally see no reason for the MC to go along with Kadijah's plot other than strong sexual attraction to her and desire to gain her favor (i.e. "thinking with his dick" LOL). But then, things like that did happen in real history.

Reactions: zenzaxaznez

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
The two games I've mentioned have tons of explicit sexual content involving creatures like centaurs, mermaids etc. and they have been on Patreon for quite some time.
Some have managed to slip under the radar then. I know some have been kicked off cuz of stuff like that(Mostly more beasty version of stuff, like Centaurs or Werewolves in wolf form, etc..)

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I was talking more about actual monsters that want to eat you, not monsters that want to "eat you". :sneaky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sure i wouldn't mind if some of the latter appears but no need to try to turn Exiles into "Tales of Androgyny 3D version". :p

Leo Humilis

May 4, 2020
Sure i wouldn't mind if some of the latter appears but no need to try to turn Exiles into "Tales of Androgyny 3D version". :p
I wasn't suggesting that, LOL. Was merely citing ToA as an example of a game with not-so-humanoid-below-the-waist sexy "monsters" that has been thriving on Patreon for years :p

Orlox

Nov 11, 2016
Some have managed to slip under the radar then. I know some have been kicked off cuz of stuff like that(Mostly more beasty version of stuff, like Centaurs or Werewolves in wolf form, etc..)
Maybe it's a 2D vs 3D art thing?

Because the games he mentioned have 2D art but I know the centaurs in Maou Sama (3Dcg game) are hidden behind a patch.

timepants

God of Time (and Pants)
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Well exiles is a lower magic world. The monster showing up is supposed to be sort of a crazy ass surprise that would be insane in our world too.

Also why the lamp is mind bendingly powerful

Reactions: haooni

Leo Humilis

May 4, 2020
Well exiles is a lower magic world. The monster showing up is supposed to be sort of a crazy ass surprise that would be insane in our world too.

You are the boss! Far be it from me to attempt pushing a creator into adding content they do not feel to correspond to the spirit of their work... was merely an idea.

Well, I would also love to see paths where female characters would be acting more dominant.

In any case, I really enjoyed the game and very much looking forward to continuation!

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021

Forgot to add, as a Daddy Dom(with Ladies, Sissies, & Trans). I wouldn't mind some more Dom/Power Play on the MC's part.

Tokenugget

Jan 25, 2022
Man, this game is... interesting. I love the story. Even though i denied all the gayness :ROFLMAO: but i guess Astrid is my "girl" :ROFLMAO:

Here's to the future of this masterpiece! Cheers ;)

Reactions: timepants

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
I kinda wanna RE-DL and read it all again, but then I'm like no wait it out...wait it out... wait for update, lol.

Last edited:

Leo Humilis

May 4, 2020
I kind of like Astrid when she's being a sub just because it's playing against type. You see a huge musclegirl warrior who turns out to have a dick, and that's pretty much a recipe for getting dommed. But then she flips the other way and it's unexpectedly endearing to some degree.
A matter of taste, I guess... Only into dommy ladies, personally - sexy scenes with subby girls and dommy guys do nothing for me.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
A matter of taste, I guess... Only into dommy ladies, personally - sexy scenes with subby girls and dommy guys do nothing for me.
Almost certainly a matter of taste, because femdom in general tends to leave me completely cold. Assertive women, cool. But overly controlling or degrading women are a huge turn-off for me.

But even beyond that, it's more just the contrast. Astrid basically seems designed from the start to be a dommy partner. If she winds up being dommy, it's like "Well, obviously." Having her go the other way is sort of a surprise. So it's more of a contrast than if someone much more mousey or quiet turned out to be a sub.

If anything, it's the same reason why the quiet mousey girl turning out to be a huge secret domme tends to be a thing that shows up as a trope. Because again, it's the contrast that makes it interesting.

timepants

God of Time (and Pants)
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Almost certainly a matter of taste, because femdom in general tends to leave me completely cold. Assertive women, cool. But overly controlling or degrading women are a huge turn-off for me.

But even beyond that, it's more just the contrast. Astrid basically seems designed from the start to be a dommy partner. If she winds up being dommy, it's like "Well, obviously." Having her go the other way is sort of a surprise. So it's more of a contrast than if someone much more mousey or quiet turned out to be a sub.

If anything, it's the same reason why the quiet mousey girl turning out to be a huge secret domme tends to be a thing that shows up as a trope. Because again, it's the contrast that makes it interesting.
Astrids are like onions. They’ve got many layers.

And a booty.

4.60 star(s) 91 Votes