2.60 star(s) 14 Votes

Crimson Fire

Mar 12, 2022
I swear the developer doesn't understand basic maths.

1 worker requires 8 food and 35 gold per week.

Mining costs 10 energy/crystals and produces 25 energy crystals for a net gain of 15

Farming produces 30 food and cost 20 energy/crystals

So how does this economy work? It doesn't

15 workers require 120 food

120 food requires 80 energy and 4 workers

11 miners creates 275 energy but requires 110 energy for the 11 jobs.

Our energy surplus is 85 (275-110 = 165 - 80 to cover your farmers)

Yet these 85 crystals have to sell on the market to cover the wages of the 15 workers which comes to 525.

You cant sell 85 crystals for that much. Which means there isn't a way to make this economy work. And this is just basic maths i am not factoring in any events. This becomes more and more unworkable the larger your population.

Have to say when you can't be assed to sit down and run the numbers for your mechanics you are displaying really piss poor quality in your work. If you can't get the economy to work with nothing but miners and farmers how the fuck do you expect an economy to support scientists and soldiers?

pathetic work quality here. There is no excuse for not understanding the numbers you imputed into your code.

Reactions: Darkaura

Peri3481

Aug 23, 2023
The codes don't do anything, without a patreon copy of the game the files and images for the paywalled content straight up aren't in the local build.
In fact I wasn't being entirely serious. It was my shorthand for a reiteration of my previous message from a month or two ago effectively asking if the game was now worth playing, because the last time I looked, at an early stage, it wasn't. It sounds as though that's still the case. But thank you!

2.60 star(s) 14 Votes