3.10 star(s) 16 Votes

ThaDude1977

Jul 5, 2022
Kinda been avoiding this game because of this i seen in Dev notes "I should tell you that you do make choices for the MC of the game who is a guy, but like 80-85% of the game is the story of Niki and Eve." Why didn't you just make it female protag then?

Abere Lucifer Productions

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
May 31, 2017
Kinda been avoiding this game because of this i seen in Dev notes "I should tell you that you do make choices for the MC of the game who is a guy, but like 80-85% of the game is the story of Niki and Eve." Why didn't you just make it female protag then?
There actually is a reason for it. The game started out as an Abere Prequel about the MC, but as I began figuring out Niki and Eve's personalities I began to really like them more than any other character I'd ever written. Especially Niki. Because of my evolving love of Niki it kind of turned into a game about her and Eve.

ThaDude1977

Jul 5, 2022
There actually is a reason for it. The game started out as an Abere Prequel about the MC, but as I began figuring out Niki and Eve's personalities I began to really like them more than any other character I'd ever written. Especially Niki. Because of my evolving love of Niki it kind of turned into a game about her and Eve.
Then you should make it multiple protag and put option to be the male or female of the story. People like me likes the story to be about the MC and if that MC isn't the focus you lose players and people shy away from a game that doesn't focus on the MC. Like i said if this is the story you want to tell that's fine but make it female protag and take the male protag off or make it multiple protag.

Reactions: Mpkstroff

ThaDude1977

Jul 5, 2022
Is anybody else having trouble with the site? I keep getting 502 gateway error also having trouble with search not going through

Abere Lucifer Productions

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
May 31, 2017
Then you should make it multiple protag and put option to be the male or female of the story. People like me likes the story to be about the MC and if that MC isn't the focus you lose players and people shy away from a game that doesn't focus on the MC. Like i said if this is the story you want to tell that's fine but make it female protag and take the male protag off or make it multiple protag.
If I were to start the game over again it would definitely be a female protagonist game about Niki. It's a little late for it now though. I have been thinking about putting some Niki choices in it though and making it multiple protagonist. It's something I'm really considering.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
If I were to start the game over again it would definitely be a female protagonist game about Niki. It's a little late for it now though. I have been thinking about putting some Niki choices in it though and making it multiple protagonist. It's something I'm really considering.
As a counter to the other opinions, I quite like the game as it currently is. I don't mind if a game focuses more on the story of (one of) the LIs, as long as I have a male MC to identify with, and that male MC is the focus for all the LIs. If the game really did go multiple protagonist or female protagonist and I was making decisions for Niki instead of the MC, I would not be interested in the game, and would not play it. It's not about me not liking Niki (I very much do), and it's not even about who the story focus is on. For me, it's about who the decision-making focus is.

(The other factor is that in female protag games, most of the time the girl is fucking multiple guys, which I am 100% not interested in seeing in any way.)

3.10 star(s) 16 Votes