File "f95watcher.py", line 87, in <module>
    game.get_info()
  File "f95watcher.py", line 27, in get_info
    self.version = headline.split(" [", -1)[1].split("]", -1)[0]
IndexError: list index out of range

Last edited:

lifemare

Apr 16, 2020
hmmm.... Am I missing something?... I populated the xls with a few links for testing. One of an old version i'm sure has since been updated and a couple others in various permutations, fiddled with all sorts of version formatting, added notes and everything, but nothing in the xls is changed after running the f95watcher bat.

Windows 10; Python 3.8.2; DOS looks weird because applocale is set to JP unicode.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2019
-After installing pyton open Command Prompt ( [Win Key] + [R] --> type "cmd" ---> [ENTER]
-then type in these commands
pip3 install wheel (this is needed for numpy package)
pip3 install numpy
pip3 install pandas
pip3 install requests
pip3 install xlrd
-When all is done, move the the content of 558474_f95watcher.zip in the main Python directory and start f95watcher.bat
-Works like a charm. :)

P.S.: If <pip3 install> command don't work - use <pip install>
Thanks you lifemare for pointing my mistake <wheels> . Error corrected!

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: lifemare

lifemare

Apr 16, 2020
Those commands are already on the install_requirements.bat. Except for wheels, but pip3 fails to find a matching distro for that anyway... I tried your suggestion of moving the files to the python folder, but nothing changed, f95watcher.bat still fails to produce any results :(

Scratch that! Distro name is "wheel" (singular), i installed everything and finally managed to successfully run the f95watcher! :D Thank you so much for the instructions!

Last edited:
Reactions: skladpoznaniya
Mar 18, 2019
Those commands are already on the install_requirements.bat. Except for wheels, but pip3 fails to find a matching distro for that anyway... I tried your suggestion of moving the files to the python folder, but nothing changed, f95watcher.bat still fails to produce any results :(

Scratch that! Distro name is "wheel" (singular), i installed everything and finally managed to successfully run the f95watcher! :D Thank you so much for the instructions!
Did you use pip install or pip3 install? Just curious..

lifemare

Apr 16, 2020
Pip3 skladpoznaniya
And i updated the bat to use that command and the requirement.txt to include wheel if anyone wants to grab it. PS: I removed the version details in the txt and it seems to run fine without it.

Reactions: skladpoznaniya

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Nice little script, I like it!

I had some trouble to get it running (cause I wanted to use a CSV instead of an excel file, and as no example CSV was provided, I did miss that it needs a header in the first line). And I rearranged some columns, but that's it -- it's running great so far!

Thanks for sharing!

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
pip / pip3 doesn't seem to work for me
It only works if you use "Python 3.8" (or whatever version you've installed) from your Start Menu or -- but only if you have added the path to the python binary during the installation -- from any cmd window.

Do you get an error message?

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
I got it fixed but now I'm experiencing the same error as 3xd (first part)
So you did the pip install -r requirements.txt? And did you use the requirements.txt from the file lifemare posted above?

If so, can you please post your full output after running f95watcher.bat?

phapschaefer

Dec 24, 2018
Of course it does, my bad. Please edit your f95watcher.bat and add pause as last line to it, then run it again, the window should now stay open until you hit a key.

Here is what it's showing but doesn't update summary from the links file
C:\Users\pdsch\Desktop\Games\F95watcher>pythonw.exe f95watcher.py

C:\Users\pdsch\Desktop\Games\F95watcher>pause
Press any key to continue . . .