Tool Others F95 Favorite Games Updates [v1.2.0]

phapschaefer

Dec 24, 2018
I initially didn't put the column names in the csv file. :FacePalm:

That was a bit perplexing because the script (even the debug version) completed without error but produced no output. o_O

After recovering from the facepalming, I was a bit surprised to find that the version string is from the thread/page title rather than from within the OP. Doesn't matter really, just a bit of warning to others.

-----

Anyway, now I have it worked out I made a few minor modifications to the script so it creates a very basic "dark" version:

View attachment 548317

Can you guess where I got those greys and the link color? ;)
Can I get a copy of that?

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Can I get a copy of that?
Here's my version of the script, with a similar color style. I also changed the columns layout, because I thought it makes more sense.

Just replace your current f95watcher.py with the one attached. (And make a backup, in case you want to switch back.)

Reactions: lifemare

phapschaefer

Dec 24, 2018
With quite a bit of help, I made a few changes to it. I'm still trying to adjust the table size and center it more. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Last edited:

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Here's my version of the script. I added an additional column for "Tags" (like "Completed", "On Hold", "Abandoned" etc.), which I also added to the csv/xlsx file (because it's not automatically filled). And I removed the game.sort() call because I wanted the games list in the Summary.html to be in the same order as the entries in the csv/xlsx files. I also tried to ignore some cases where the "Thread Updated" date isn't exactly in the YYYY-MM-DD format.

The attached file includes example csv/xlsx files, my updated script, the updated "requirement.txt" from lifemare and everything else from the original file.

screen221.png

View attachment f95watcher_theMickey_.zip

phapschaefer

Dec 24, 2018
Here's my version of the script. I added an additional column for "Tags" (like "Completed", "On Hold", "Abandoned" etc.), which I also added to the csv/xlsx file (because it's not automatically filled). And I removed the game.sort() call because I wanted the games list in the Summary.html to be in the same order as the entries in the csv/xlsx files. I also tried to ignore some cases where the "Thread Updated" date isn't exactly in the YYYY-MM-DD format.

The attached file includes example csv/xlsx files, my updated script, the updated "requirement.txt" from lifemare and everything else from the original file.

View attachment 675040

View attachment 675041
Is there any way to adjust the size of the Note section?

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Is there any way to adjust the size of the Note section?
Sure. You can customize the layout in many different ways, if you know how to use CSS. Just check the f95watcher.py script and you'll find a section starting (at line 89) with
Code:
<style>
body {
    background-color: #181A1D;
}
[...]
and ending (at line 128) with
Code:
[...]
table td:last-child{
    width:50%;
}
</style>
Just put your customized CSS layout in bewteen <style> and </style> and you can have the Summary.html the way you like it.

(If you don't know how to use CSS, and you just want a "simple" change, describe your change and I'll see what I can do.)

phapschaefer

Dec 24, 2018
Sure. You can customize the layout in many different ways, if you know how to use CSS. Just check the f95watcher.py script and you'll find a section starting (at line 89) with
Code:
<style>
body {
    background-color: #181A1D;
}
[...]
and ending (at line 128) with
Code:
[...]
table td:last-child{
    width:50%;
}
</style>
Just put your customized CSS layout in bewteen <style> and </style> and you can have the Summary.html the way you like it.

(If you don't know how to use CSS, and you just want a "simple" change, describe your change and I'll see what I can do.)
I'd like the note section like 1/3 the size if possible

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Ok I got it working again but could you explain how you added the Tag column in the python code?
As much as I like to explain in detail, I think it's kind of "off topic" to be honest. Try to find some documentation on python, and compare the two scripts (the original one and mine), and I'm sure you'll figure it out ;)

Kickus

Jan 10, 2019
I made my own modification to the script by adding a sorting-by-date function to the html in the py file (I like it to be sorted by date :) )
If someone's interested I'm uploading it.

I found the sorting script on the internet and implemented it so don't ask me about sorting by anything else ;)

Idontknowme

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2016
I'm having issues getting this to work.

Running setup.py install for numpy ... error
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:

This is on the requirements file

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Fantastic work, thank you. Just FYI the following link seems to stop the generation of the html file for some reason:
https://f95zone.to/threads/echoes-of-lust-s2e1-inceton.21005/
I know. Because whoever updated the OP of that game, added an extra space in the "Thread update" date: "2020- 07-11", and the script fails. I updated my script to ignore some errors like this, I'll post it later as soon as I get home.

Reactions: randomname707