Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes
Apr 29, 2018
@WillyJL
Great app, thanks for making easy tracking games on this site.
Just one question. Is it possible to group games, something like group1, group2...? Like group1 will be the ones that I'm playing and want to find about update immediately. And group2 (or group3) something that may be interesting, but it's not priority to monitor them.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Also: is there some reason to not use file compression tools like UPX, does it break the program or something? LZX disk compression reports like 50% size reduction.
What's the point really? On a total filesize of 367MB for all files you save 88MB, bringing the total down to 278MB (tested with FUPX).
The data folder alone is easily twice as big and you can't compress those files.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
CAVEAT!!! You do need to have a Github account to download from Action pages...

Any plan for making a new official release?
Yea, im also kinda curious when we will get new release :)
Yeh, WillyJL. What they said. :cool:
Go to the

1709130311805.png
Scroll down until you see an action with a green checkmark in front, e.g.
1709130399048.png
Click that line, scroll down and click on the OS of your choice. Unpack zip, run.

@WillyJL
Just one question. Is it possible to group games, something like group1, group2...? Like group1 will be the ones that I'm playing and want to find about update immediately. And group2 (or group3) something that may be interesting, but it's not priority to monitor them.
Latest beta's downloaded through the above method, have introduced tabs. These will allow you to create as many different 'groups' as you like.

Reactions: GrammerCop

f45450

Oct 21, 2021
What's the point really? On a total filesize of 367MB for all files you save 88MB, bringing the total down to 278MB (tested with FUPX).
The data folder alone is easily twice as big and you can't compress those files.
Yeah, thought maybe release could be more efficient, but apparently UPX doesn't make wonders unlike LZX which saves 170MB on PyQt6 folder.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
CAVEAT!!! You do need to have a Github account to download from Action pages...

Go to the

View attachment 3393734
Scroll down until you see an action with a green checkmark in front, e.g.
View attachment 3393737
Click that line, scroll down and click on the OS of your choice. Unpack zip, run.

Latest beta's downloaded through the above method, have introduced tabs. These will allow you to create as many different 'groups' as you like.
Oh, I know how it's done. It's not the first time for me. It's just that WillyJL has done such a fantastic job with 10.2 that I never really needed to d/l the beta to take advantage of the other stuff that was incorporated into the app. I was just wondering when the next alpha release was coming out (when the app lets me know an update is available).

Aug 5, 2017
WillyJL

if you scroll past the top/bottom with smooth scrolling enabled you can't go the other way until it exhausts all the scroll_energy and can start moving.

I submitted a pull request with a change that makes it feel a lot snappier.

LucasG

Jun 28, 2023
Also: is there some reason to not use file compression tools like UPX, does it break the program or something? LZX disk compression reports like 50% size reduction.
The main reason one should avoid using compressors like UPX is: AV-software under Windows will always throw a warning cause it was (maybe is? didn't use it since XP) commonly used by virus authors to change checksums and hide inner working from the scanners, so the AV-sellers put them on a blacklist (mostly as something generic, which was always a sign for that file to be maybe remotly something your wouldn't want)

Given the possible complaints like "exe file vanished" or "Software is virus cause AV did something", shaving of a few Mb wouldn't be worth the hassle.

(Tried it under XP to minimize a solution for a specific printer problem but kicked it finally as the shrink wasn't worth the possible future maintenance (They were great with graphics and had good backups but i wouldn't have trusted them to find the quarantine of the AV without help). Got them a working, uncompressed exe file and they could even be using it till today (asked after a few month and they were using it without problems))

f45450

Oct 21, 2021
The main reason one should avoid using compressors like UPX is: AV-software under Windows will always throw a warning
Interesting. Did not cause (yet?) any problems with MS defender, but it is not a single AV out there. And it seems there are minor performance concerns (like you cannot load upx-ed file partially, and cannot share it between processes).
Okay, got it... "One does not simply compress an exe file".

Mar 23, 2021
@WillyJL
Great app, thanks for making easy tracking games on this site.
I use labels for this, then you can filter by label.

1709248752558.png

sodamouse

Sep 4, 2022
What happens if a game receives an update when i have the entry's played checkmark set, but not downloaded?

corkui

Oct 22, 2022
Hi, the Chrome browser extension is now giving this error, since the last few days, worked fine before that,

f95checker could not connect to f95checker!, Is it open and updated?, is rpc enabled?
1709525762046.png
Removed and readded, still no good
App is v10.2, Windows 10.0.22621,
yes, its open and updated and yes, RPC is enabled

Also, Github states: Alternatively, you can find a guided install in F95Checker sidebar, in Extension > Install
where the heck is this, looked but I cannot find this?
The app itself works fine, can comunicate with F95 and update games.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Hi, the Chrome browser extension is now giving this error, since the last few days, worked fine before that,

f95checker could not connect to f95checker!, Is it open and updated?, is rpc enabled?
View attachment 3408545
Removed and readded, still no good
App is v10.2, Windows 10.0.22621,
yes, its open and updated and yes, RPC is enabled

Also, Github states: Alternatively, you can find a guided install in F95Checker sidebar, in Extension > Install
where the heck is this, looked but I cannot find this?
The app itself works fine, can comunicate with F95 and update games.
You probably mixed the release (10.2) version with the beta (11.0) extension. Also that thing in sidebar is new, only in beta. Check the FAQ, or a few posts before yours in this thread, for how to use the beta

corkui

Oct 22, 2022
You probably mixed the release (10.2) version with the beta (11.0) extension. Also that thing in sidebar is new, only in beta. Check the FAQ, or a few posts before yours in this thread, for how to use the beta
How did I mix up the versions if I installed the add-in from the folder within the same download directory?

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
How did I mix up the versions if I installed the add-in from the folder within the same download directory?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ happens to the best of us
Could be other issues with the port not opening, or firewall/antivirus blocking it

corkui

Oct 22, 2022
FYI, One thing I did notice however in v1143, clicking on open thread when you have set chrome as the browser does nothing, change to edge and it opens the thread, in case you want to check this?

Sober-man

Apr 3, 2023
Is it possible to narrow down the "Added On" and "Last Updated" columns a bit? It seems to me that these two columns steal a lot of space. For example, remove all the 20's from the year, and maybe shorten the title "Last Updated" to "Updated", and the same for "Last Played" to "Played".
2.png ---> 3.png

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Is it possible to narrow down the "Added On" and "Last Updated" columns a bit? It seems to me that these two columns steal a lot of space. For example, remove all the 20's from the year, and maybe shorten the title "Last Updated" to "Updated", and the same for "Last Played" to "Played".
View attachment 3412836 ---> View attachment 3412837
Ever seen the "date stamp format" in the settings? Now you see it :)

Reactions: Sober-man
5.00 star(s) 21 Votes