Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

Wolfram99

Aug 20, 2023
Mouse wheel scroll Up/Down seems to be asymmetrical with Up being ~x2 more powerful than Down when Smooth scrolling is enabled.
10.2 build W10

r37r05p3C7

Nov 8, 2023
Mouse wheel scroll Up/Down seems to be asymmetrical with Up being ~x2 more powerful than Down when Smooth scrolling is enabled.
10.2 build W10
Same amount of "scroll energy" is applied for both directions in code, I don't think it's a bug. It might be an illusion caused by inertia when reversing scroll direction, see . Or maybe you have a fancy mouse with macros that increase scroll speed in one direction.

Reactions: WillyJL

simple_human

Dec 2, 2018
Wanted to ask. If I archive a game, does the program still update all the information about that game, just no notifications?
I just want to add a separate tab, where there will be many archived games, but I do not want the program to waste resources and time to check these archive games, especially when full refresh

Wolfram99

Aug 20, 2023
Same amount of "scroll energy" is applied for both directions in code, I don't think it's a bug. It might be an illusion caused by inertia when reversing scroll direction, see . Or maybe you have a fancy mouse with macros that increase scroll speed in one direction.
If i alternatingly go Up/Down the Up is stil stronger, even if i wait for 10sec after Down-scroll the next Up-scroll will be ~x2 stronger than the Down-scroll before.
This behavior is not present in any other app(firefox/explorer etc.).
It takes me ~5.5 down scrolls to scroll one row in Tile view while it takes 3 Up-scrolls to scroll back.
The Smooth scrolling function is misbehaving as without it the scroll is dead-on.
With smoothness of 1.0 the upscroll is like 1.5 rows but downscroll is ignored for the next few downscrolls and then the scrolls are ultra small

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Wanted to ask. If I archive a game, does the program still update all the information about that game, just no notifications?
I just want to add a separate tab, where there will be many archived games, but I do not want the program to waste resources and time to check these archive games, especially when full refresh
It does still refresh them. Might be a good idea to only fast check the version when archived, though there's also the argument of not wanting notifications but wanting to see which ones were updater recently, and some games don't get version info from fast checks... idk

Wolfram99

Aug 20, 2023
Played around with the Vsync option, and at 1:1 of 165FPS the up scroll is significantly stronger, while at 1:10 of ~16FPS the difference between scrolls is still there but becomes negligible.
Monitor is at 165Hz G-Sync

simple_human

Dec 2, 2018
It does still refresh them. Might be a good idea to only fast check the version when archived, though there's also the argument of not wanting notifications but wanting to see which ones were updater recently, and some games don't get version info from fast checks... idk
well, if possible, it would be nice to be able to not refresh some games at all.
What is the idea in general: For example, I create a tab with a dislikes sign, and in it I add games that I did not like (or by some other criteria), so that on the site this game would be with a dislikes sign(or some other icon) (the game is not on the computer, I have 98 archived games in such tab, and I don't need to refresh them.)
In short, it's all about icons.
I want some games to have icons on site, but not to waste program resources on refreshing these games.

Last edited:

r37r05p3C7

Nov 8, 2023
Played around with the Vsync option, and at 1:1 of 165FPS the up scroll is significantly stronger, while at 1:10 of ~16FPS the difference between scrolls is still there but becomes negligible.
Yep, there's definitely a difference in speed, especially at higher fps. I'll open an issue on GH.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2021
I don't know what to tell you, I am unable to replicate your issue. Is anyone else able to replicate this issue?

Aug 5, 2017
I don't know what to tell you, I am unable to replicate your issue. Is anyone else able to replicate this issue?
yes, I was looking into the same thing when I made the PR that reverses direction instantly. I think the bug is in how the platform backends for imgui handle fractional scrollwheel events. logging the event loop shows energy decaying at the same rate for scroll up or down, so you're sending imGUI the same sequence of fractional events with the sign flipped. On my setup 1 click down, wait, 1 click up ends up farther *down* the page then where I started. It seems to be entirely framerate and platform dependant so not something that's trivially fixed.

I looked into the mouse setting an absolute destination and animating the move to it by zeroing out the io.mouse_wheel and using setScrollY(), but that'd require a lot more infrastructure changes than I had time to implement.

Reactions: WhiteVanDaycare

Padre Katyusha

I can't be called a woman cause I'm not hot enough
Uploader
Jun 4, 2019
This is a weird unrelated question, but actually involving this software.
While I have Roblox application open (Windows Executable, not the Microsoft Store one), I click to open the F95 Checker and it doesn't open. After closing Roblox, it opens right away.
The same if you have it open and open Roblox, it freezes F95 Checker application.
Happens with other applications when opening Roblox. Do you have a ideia what could cause?

r37r05p3C7

Nov 8, 2023
This is a weird unrelated question, but actually involving this software.
While I have Roblox application open (Windows Executable, not the Microsoft Store one), I click to open the F95 Checker and it doesn't open. After closing Roblox, it opens right away.
The same if you have it open and open Roblox, it freezes F95 Checker application.
Happens with other applications when opening Roblox. Do you have a ideia what could cause?
Hard to tell, can be anything. Launch F95Checker-Debug.exe from terminal when Roblox is running and share error message.

Jul 22, 2017
Loving the addition of tabs in the beta versions of this app. A much better solution than labels for me.

I realize it's a new feature...but it'd be nice to be able to reorder them. Either by clicking and dragging, or by right clicking and having a "move left/move right" option.

Not gonna stop me from using the hell out of them though!

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
is it possible to add title image for a custom game?
games here grab their images by ID number, but added custom game doesn't have any ID nor i've seen any button to add image manually, just edit basic info

Jul 22, 2017
is it possible to add title image for a custom game?
games here grab their images by ID number, but added custom game doesn't have any ID nor i've seen any button to add image manually, just edit basic info
Click on the game to open the details
Near the top, there will be an "image missing" text, just above the title. Right click it and select "set custom image".
Pick whatever image on your hard drive your heart desires.

Mar 23, 2021
Click on the game to open the details
Near the top, there will be an "image missing" text, just above the title. Right click it and select "set custom image".
Pick whatever image on your hard drive your heart desires.
This is fantastic!

Is there a way to set the last updated date as well?

Jul 22, 2017
It would be in a field below what your screenshot shows there....but it may be a situation where you need to download a beta/dev version...

1710513807643.png

If you don't see "Last Updated" as an editable field for you like the screenshot above, go to the original post in this thread and scroll down to the section about trying new features early.

Last edited:
Reactions: WillyJL
5.00 star(s) 21 Votes