Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

xeris89

Feb 25, 2019
Is it normal for a very large amount of memory (10GB) to be used during a full recheck of a large library (>500)? It's gotten to the point where I cancel the refresh, wait for memory to release, refresh about 100 more, cancel, repeat. Otherwise all system memory will get filled and my PC (Win 11) gets unusably slow. I'm going to try disabling parsers but I just did a full recheck so it'll be a few days before this comes up again.

Sorry if this has been discussed but I did use the search function. Doesn't seem like working as intended. Perhaps most just don't have libraries this large or maybe my PC is a special snowflake.

TIA for any help

Mar 23, 2021
Is it normal for a very large amount of memory (10GB) to be used during a full recheck of a large library (>500)? It's gotten to the point where I cancel the refresh, wait for memory to release, refresh about 100 more, cancel, repeat. Otherwise all system memory will get filled and my PC (Win 11) gets unusably slow. I'm going to try disabling parsers but I just did a full recheck so it'll be a few days before this comes up again.

Sorry if this has been discussed but I did use the search function. Doesn't seem like working as intended. Perhaps most just don't have libraries this large or maybe my PC is a special snowflake.

TIA for any help
I mean my library is over 2,250 games, so it isn't the library size that is causing it.

Reactions: xeris89

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020

TIA for any help
I just forced a full recheck of a 164-game library. My PC used less than 500MB. One thing it could be is the number of workers in the refresh section. I'm using 30 workers with a 30-sec timeout, parser, and 2 retries, Windows 10 pro, checker version 11.0 beta 1166 with an i7-6700 and 16 GB RAM.

More information may be needed. What version checker are you using?

Reactions: xeris89

xeris89

Feb 25, 2019
OK, it's definitely the parser processes. If I have parsers disabled the memory footprint barely blips. Since it appears my issue isn't normal and disabling them fixes it, I'll just keep them disabled. I do have a bit of a weird configuration as both my games and the Checker are on a mapped drive over SMB. Could be a weird side effect of that but I'm not sure why.

Otherwise normal
Win 11
32GB of RAM
Checker 10.2
10 workers, 10-sec, 2 rtr

MayhemSixx

Jul 3, 2022
Hey! Bit of a feedback for those who get the "cannot access local variable 'res' where it is not associated with a value" error : it happened to me, and while playing around with Bitdefender's exceptions didn't work, the solution was Bitdefender's firewall, which didn't allow the app to access the Internet. Reversed the rule and it worked again. :)

hihanemia

Oct 24, 2023
Try to use this on Debian 12, unable to log in, refresh will stuck on 0%.
Thought I was missing some dependencies, did some Googling but nothing works, any helps will be appreciated.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

itslydiabxtch

Aug 4, 2019
Is there a way I can change the account that's logged in via the checker? It somehow changed the account that is logged in.

I've figured it out.

Last edited:

hihanemia

Oct 24, 2023
issue with wayland, you can try to specify graphics backend manually:
Thanks a lot! Made a sh file to set the environment variable and then it works.

For fellow Linux enjoyer:
Make a .sh file as a wrapper, it should be something like this, just put it in the same folder as F95Checker.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: WhiteVanDaycare

zucite

May 22, 2019
Finally giving this a try and it's looking great!
I'm pretty bad at this kinda stuff so wondering if I'm missing something -- I successfully imported my bookmarks and watched threads, but is there a way to also import my bookmark list's labels? I've got them pretty well filterable by whatever I'm in the mood to try next -- everyday, cyberpunk, horror, what have you -- and it'd be much easier to import than to redo it all from scratch.

Thanks for this cool tool, excited to explore it more!

Mar 23, 2021
I'm pretty bad at this kinda stuff so wondering if I'm missing something -- I successfully imported my bookmarks and watched threads, but is there a way to also import my bookmark list's labels? I've got them pretty well filterable by whatever I'm in the mood to try next -- everyday, cyberpunk, horror, what have you -- and it'd be much easier to import than to redo it all from scratch.

Thanks for this cool tool, excited to explore it more!
Someone correct me if I'm missing something, but I don't think you can import the bookmark labels (these are browser specific). I think you would need to manually add labels to the games with these.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
I believe WhiteVanDaycare is correct.

However, you should know that the tags for the games are downloaded and you can filter by the tag.

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes