Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

Cheater1

Whales are great
Donor
Jul 8, 2019
As of this morning, I've started to get this error when I launch, it's been working fine for weeks previous. I've not changed anything since I used it yesterday without issue.

Something went wrong...
Request Status: 400
When I click OK it asks for my username/password again but even providing those just bring me back to that error.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
As of this morning, I've started to get this error when I launch, it's been working fine for weeks previous. I've not changed anything since I used it yesterday without issue.

When I click OK it asks for my username/password again but even providing those just bring me back to that error.
I’ll look into this later today... I really hope that the login method hasn’t been changed... it took me a week to figure it out the first time...
EDIT: btw the status code 400 means malformed request, so it’s either the login request format has changed and I have to fix it, or it some issue on your end... in the meantime I suggest trying the usual troubleshooting steps (if you still haven’t tried those) like restarting pc, changing your ip address (easiest way to do this is restart your router usually) and maybe try with another connection (such as maybe a hotspot or a different WiFi) if possible

Last edited:
Reactions: Cheater1

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
update: I am aware of the issue with logging in, something must have changed with the login request and some verification related to it.... already working on it don't worry!

EDIT: tbh I also really hope that this tool wasn't the reason for the supposed change in login authorization...if any mods are reading this please tell me if what this tool does is wrong or against forum rules!

UPDATE: found the problem... the login request now requires an _xfToken value to be provided, while in the past that was only necessary to search for games and see links and spoiler content... refreshing will be a little slower (only the time between clicking on the button and the progress bar starting to move will change, roughly taking 2x what it took before, due to an extra page needing to be loaded to get such token) but still being fast and convenient for checking your games

Last edited:
Reactions: Cheater1

Cheater1

Whales are great
Donor
Jul 8, 2019

It looks like this update you're trying to move the config file to my AppData folder but I'm getting permission errors. If I move it manually the tool works again, but if it tries to copy it than it'll fail every time.

python F95Checker.pyw
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "F95Checker.pyw", line 1225, in <module>
os.replace('config.ini', f'{data}/config.ini')
OSError: [WinError 17] The system cannot move the file to a different disk drive: 'config.ini' -> 'C:\\Users\\xxxxxx\\AppData\\Roaming\\f95checker/config.ini'

abada25

Sep 30, 2019
Now that is a HUGE update :D

I love all the changes you did, very well done!

(bugs are unavoidable in big updates like this :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: WillyJL

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
It looks like this update you're trying to move the config file to my AppData folder but I'm getting permission errors. If I move it manually the tool works again, but if it tries to copy it than it'll fail every time.
Oh gosh I’ll see what I can do xD
after the update i get this error alot
View attachment 822700
Is this happening only for this game? If not please tell me all the games you have issues with, because I think it’s because it’s trying to save some invalid characters to the config file for the changelog and that is making it fail... I had this issue happening while testing because of “%” characters so I’m guessing it’s some other strange character acting stupid

anyway both should be relatively easy fixes, will sort them out later today

EDIT: addressed the first issue, working on the second now

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
also do you know what status 200 means?
that is the status code for an http request. these can be in the 200s, which means successful request, 300s, which means successful redirect, in the 400s, which means a client error and in the 500s which means a server error. if you're seeing an error pop up with a requests status of 200 it means that it was a problem with something not related to connecting to the server, so its an issue with a part of the script... are you getting some of those errors?

Dec 11, 2019
that is the status code for an http request. these can be in the 200s, which means successful request, 300s, which means successful redirect, in the 400s, which means a client error and in the 500s which means a server error. if you're seeing an error pop up with a requests status of 200 it means that it was a problem with something not related to connecting to the server, so its an issue with a part of the script... are you getting some of those errors?
The last 7 games I have added all get this error for some reason but the rest are fine

Edit: Oh wait nevermind i figured it out it's not in the config I ported :LOL:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Nope just shows the same kind of error that I talked about ages ago
ok so i have no ideas left, so:
what python version do you have installed?
how are you launching the tool?
does it work fine without open html?
does open html work fine on firefox?
what whindows build are you on?
are you on a 32 or 64 bit system?
are you an admin?
on what setting do you have your uac?
tbh i just threw together anything that came to mind, cause i have no plausible idea as to what could be causing this

Dec 11, 2019
ok so i have no ideas left, so:
what python version do you have installed?
how are you launching the tool?
does it work fine without open html?
does open html work fine on firefox?
what whindows build are you on?
are you on a 32 or 64 bit system?
are you an admin?
on what setting do you have your uac?
tbh i just threw together anything that came to mind, cause i have no plausible idea as to what could be causing this
I have python v3.8
Just launching it through the checker inside a folder
It works fine without open pages as saved HTML
idk don't have firefox
the latest windows build
64 bit system
yes i'm admin
idk what uac is but I did a week ago complete reinstall of windows

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes