Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

Noctie666

Dec 5, 2021
The updater inside the tool isn't working for me. A powershell window opens but nothing else ever happens, it just stays there with a blinking underscore and I'm running it as administrator.

ascsd

Jul 26, 2021
Comodo firewall reporting generic trojan c@6@1. Maybe scan result it's false positive maybe it's not. At least you all should know about it. (v9.6)
code is opensource on github where you download it. so if anyone has any concerns they can easily check the code

Reactions: WillyJL

ascsd

Jul 26, 2021
Im sure you did that. Line by line. And you probably compiled it by yourself. But normal people like me used automated updater which at the end of the process launched .exe
I did, but my point is if you ignore the warning from an antivirus, then the antivirus' warning is useless
so to have some peace of mind, you can check the code before running some exe you downloaded from the internet.
and if you are worried about the updater doing something you don't want it to, you can download the latest release manually or don't update at all and only use the version you've checked the code for

If you are not a programmer, then you're gonna have to trust the author of the code

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
Im sure you did that. Line by line. And you probably compiled it by yourself. But normal people like me used automated updater which at the end of the process launched .exe
Well, I looked into the code quite often cause it wasn't running on debian from 9.0 onwards and i tried to find out why (was solved in 9.5, not by me).
It uses third-party python libs, but nothing problematic. You could even run it from source or compile it yourself, it's python.
WillyJL is providing us with with pre-compiled all-in-one binaries as he knows not every user has the same system (debian, for example, has very slow update cycles and to get python 3.10 i would have to do things i'm still not comfortable with)
And an observation i made during my windows (98 - 7) days: almost every time a virus scanner found a 'Generic', it was a file i wanted to keep and only in one case (of hundreds) it was really a bad thing.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
This view got it two times, once directly beneath the version number and the second one to the right of the tag 'monster'.

Browser: Waterfox G5.1 (Firefox 100+ based); relevant? Addons: uBlock Origin, uMatrix (both say nothing was blocked on F95)
[seems my imgur uploads are never displayed here, but the link still works]
Ah I see, it’s from the games below and I made the icon screen as an overlay, so it goes over the hover popup

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Comodo firewall reporting generic trojan c@6@1. Maybe scan result it's false positive maybe it's not. At least you all should know about it. (v9.6)
I add virus total links for every release for this reason. Never had more than 2 detections out of (I think) 70 engines that vt checks with. And as others said, it is open source on GitHub, fair point on reading every single line, but we can both agree that it would be incredibly stupid to put a virus out in the open like that. And it’s less than 8k lines, so again not many places to hide it. Also the compilation thing is kinda bullshit, because this is not coded in a compiled language. We’re it C or rust code I would agree, but this is written in Python, which does not compile to machine code but to bytecode, which can be 1:1 converted back to source code. You can find that in lib/library.zip, all the source files are in there as .pyc, you can use one of the many uncompilers for Python and get right back to source code instantly. The rest of the machine code stuff in the built package is stuff needed to run the bytecode, like a portable Python runtime. And for the point if not compiling yourself, even though we just established that the compilation point is pointless as it is, well it is all compiled publicly on GitHub with GitHub actions, the compilation script is public (.github/workflows/build.yml) and you can literally see the build logs in the actions tab on GitHub.

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
hey Willy this may be out of your domain but why can't I do a left click on the software when using powershell?

(except the last block of code, I don't need to find the position of my mouse)
but somehow no matter the long I choose, I can't see any results when typing left click

long one
Code:
Function Move-Mouse {

`    Param (
        [int]$X, [int]$y

)

Process {

Add-Type -AssemblyName System.Windows.Forms
        $screen = [System.Windows.Forms.SystemInformation]::VirtualScreen
        $screen | Get-Member -MemberType Property
        $screen.Width = $X
        $screen.Height = $y
        [Windows.Forms.Cursor]::Position = "$($screen.Width),$($screen.Height)"

}
}
Function Click-mouse {

Process {

$SendMouseClick::mouse_event(0x00000002, 0, 0, 0, 0);
        $SendMouseClick::mouse_event(0x00000004, 0, 0, 0, 0);

}

}

$Mouse=@' 
[DllImport("user32.dll",CharSet=CharSet.Auto, CallingConvention=CallingConvention.StdCall)]
public static extern void mouse_event(long dwFlags, long dx, long dy, long cButtons, long dwExtraInfo);
'@ 
$SendMouseClick = Add-Type -memberDefinition $Mouse -name "Win32MouseEventNew" -namespace Win32Functions -passThru

$dummyshell.AppActivate('F95Checker')
Move-Mouse -x 423 -y 80
sleep 1

Click-mouse
Click-mouse
short one
Code:
$dummyshell = New-Object -ComObject wscript.shell
Add-Type -MemberDefinition '[DllImport("user32.dll")] public static extern void mouse_event(int flags, int dx, int dy, int cButtons, int info);' -Name U32 -Namespace W;

[Windows.Forms.Cursor]::Position = New-Object System.Drawing.Point(1200,300)
Start-Sleep 0.7
[W.U32]::mouse_event(6,0,0,0,0)
sleep 1

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
hey Willy this may be out of your domain but why can't I do a left click on the software when using powershell?

(except the last block of code, I don't need to find the position of my mouse)
but somehow no matter the long I choose, I can't see any results when typing left click

long one
Code:
Function Move-Mouse {

`    Param (
        [int]$X, [int]$y

)

Process {

Add-Type -AssemblyName System.Windows.Forms
        $screen = [System.Windows.Forms.SystemInformation]::VirtualScreen
        $screen | Get-Member -MemberType Property
        $screen.Width = $X
        $screen.Height = $y
        [Windows.Forms.Cursor]::Position = "$($screen.Width),$($screen.Height)"

}
}
Function Click-mouse {

Process {

$SendMouseClick::mouse_event(0x00000002, 0, 0, 0, 0);
        $SendMouseClick::mouse_event(0x00000004, 0, 0, 0, 0);

}

}

$Mouse=@'
[DllImport("user32.dll",CharSet=CharSet.Auto, CallingConvention=CallingConvention.StdCall)]
public static extern void mouse_event(long dwFlags, long dx, long dy, long cButtons, long dwExtraInfo);
'@
$SendMouseClick = Add-Type -memberDefinition $Mouse -name "Win32MouseEventNew" -namespace Win32Functions -passThru

Move-Mouse -x 423 -y 80
sleep 1

Click-mouse
Click-mouse
short one
Code:
$dummyshell = New-Object -ComObject wscript.shell
Add-Type -MemberDefinition '[DllImport("user32.dll")] public static extern void mouse_event(int flags, int dx, int dy, int cButtons, int info);' -Name U32 -Namespace W;

[Windows.Forms.Cursor]::Position = New-Object System.Drawing.Point(1200,300)
Start-Sleep 0.7
[W.U32]::mouse_event(6,0,0,0,0)
sleep 1
It’s not something I coded that makes it not work, but my best guess is that either imgui or glfw don’t recognize these inputs, because well they aren’t inputs. They probably read inputs from the input devices, and faking inputs is not always going to work. Also considering these are minimalist libraries meant to work on other platforms, I can see why they would skip supporting obscure windows quirks and focus on the regular user experience

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
It’s not something I coded that makes it not work, but my best guess is that either imgui or glfw don’t recognize these inputs, because well they aren’t inputs. They probably read inputs from the input devices, and faking inputs is not always going to work. Also considering these are minimalist libraries meant to work on other platforms, I can see why they would skip supporting obscure windows quirks and focus on the regular user experience
1670516486385.png

Edit: Ok so I tried to read again and again but there's too many terms that I don't understand.

What I do understand is that I'm merely using powershell to simulate keyboard and mouse key button press thanks to its feature and easy to find solution on google. I also understand that the checker won't allow some keyboard button like tab, left/right/up/down, page up/down etc..

What I DON'T UNDERSTAND is why I can simulate moving my mouse with no issue, but SOMEHOW any simulated mouse click attempts is simply ignored.

Last edited:

CCrusader

Nov 29, 2020
The toggle to enable the extension on Chrome is grayed out after you download it. It's downloaded but there is no way to enable it.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
View attachment 2221536

Edit: Ok so I tried to read again and again but there's too many terms that I don't understand.

What I do understand is that I'm merely using powershell to simulate keyboard and mouse key button press thanks to its feature and easy to find solution on google. I also understand that the checker won't allow some keyboard button like tab, left/right/up/down, page up/down etc..

What I DON'T UNDERSTAND is why I can simulate moving my mouse with no issue, but SOMEHOW any simulated mouse click attempts is simply ignored.
Mouse sends data to computer. Some applications read data from mouse, other applications will ask windows about mouse information. If you fake input data it is not a given that the application will receive it. You are using some windows function to fake movements, but if that windows function does the movements somewhere else in the input process, the application might not receive them. This is often the case with windows. Windows is entitled and Microsoft expects everyone to conform to their retarded standards, but that makes everyone’s life harder to support other platforms. So developers maybe prefer supporting a common ground that will work on other operating systems, like readin input data straight from mouse and keyboard, instead of relying on what windows says the input data is. I don’t really know how to better explain it without technical terms, because this is purely a technical implementation issue, on Microsoft’s part of course.

but thats just a guess. Maybe the click is too fast, considering you’re simulating it, then it would make sense for it to be instant, maybe make it hold the mouse button for 0.1 seconds?

Last edited:
Reactions: GAB

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
The toggle to enable the extension on Chrome is grayed out after you download it. It's downloaded but there is no way to enable it.
Hm, second time I hear about this, I’ll look into it. For now you can install from GitHub repo, by loading the extension/chrome folder with the “load unpacked” developer mode extension option

Reactions: CCrusader

ascsd

Jul 26, 2021
View attachment 2221536

Ive written a few automation scripts using AutoHotKey and ran into this issue multiple times.

Sometimes you need to focus/activate a window first before sendmouseclick

Sometimes you need to split the sendmouseclick into 3 steps.
sendmouseclick click down, wait 50ms (i met a program where this only works if the wait is a randomized number!), then send click up.

Sometimes you need to sendmouseclick to a specific child control/widget instead of the main window

Sometimes you need to do all of those together :ROFLMAO:

And sometimes programs that dont use WinUI refuse to acknowledge sendmouseclick. so you would have to do a mousemove then mouseclick, which will move your actual mouse cursor. no virtual click trickery. its sucks but for these cases theres nothing you can do regarding sendmouseclick.

What you can "try" is to send a "space" or "enter" to that control/widget aswell

welcome to the world of windows automation :D

wast3d

Jul 27, 2021
Hey guys. I might have missed a post about this issue somewhere, sorry if that's the case. Can't even start the app, the log goes like this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.10.8\x64\Lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\__startup__.py", line 120, in run
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.10.8\x64\Lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\Console.py", line 16, in run
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\main.py", line 81, in <module>
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\main.py", line 60, in main
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\gui.py", line 460, in main_loop
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\gui.py", line 1597, in draw_games_grid
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'play_button' referenced before assignment

Had no such problems with the previous version.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Hey guys. I might have missed a post about this issue somewhere, sorry if that's the case. Can't even start the app, the log goes like this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.10.8\x64\Lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\__startup__.py", line 120, in run
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.10.8\x64\Lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\Console.py", line 16, in run
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\main.py", line 81, in <module>
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\main.py", line 60, in main
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\gui.py", line 460, in main_loop
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\gui.py", line 1597, in draw_games_grid
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'play_button' referenced before assignment

Had no such problems with the previous version.
looks like a pretty old version judging by that error... update it manually

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes