Ren'Py Facefuck Madness Reloaded [v0.03] [MercuryDev]

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Sissybimbo89

Mar 9, 2020
If i NEVER see the word RELOADED or REMADE or RELAUNCHED or REVISION 2 or "THE ORIGINAL DEV GAVE UP SO IM TAKING OVER AND ILL ALSO GIVE UP IN A FEW MONTHS" behind a game ever again it will be too soon.

Reactions: qaywsx and Dom_way

MercuryDev

Game Developer
Dec 7, 2020
If i NEVER see the word RELOADED or REMADE or RELAUNCHED or REVISION 2 or "THE ORIGINAL DEV GAVE UP SO IM TAKING OVER AND ILL ALSO GIVE UP IN A FEW MONTHS" behind a game ever again it will be too soon.
Sorry you feel this way. Just so it’s clear, I will continue to work on both FFM and FFMR simultaneously. If you’re not a fan of the remake, feel free to only play the original, there’s still content coming to it.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Way to improve and not get comfortable. Always appreciate a dev pushing past their own boundaries.

One note for the artists (or whomever is doing the postwork on the images), there seems to be some inconsistent brightness levels from image to image on some of them (not many, but enough to be noticeable). Should be a fairly easy fix, though. Are you going for a new style of game for this, or is it closer to being a 1:1 version of the original in 2D form?

Last edited:

MercuryDev

Game Developer
Dec 7, 2020
Any chance of android? It doesn't work on joiplay
I’ll look into it, but I can’t promise anything. I’ve never dealt with android builds and don’t even own an android device.

Way to improve and not get comfortable. Always appreciate a dev pushing past their own boundaries.

One note for the artists (or whomever is doing the postwork on the images), there seems to be some inconsistent brightness levels from image to image on some of them (not many, but enough to be noticeable). Should be a fairly easy fix, though. Are you going for a new style of game for this, or is it closer to being a 1:1 version of the original in 2D form?
Thanks a lot. Surely I’d love to get comfortable, but life itself requires me to improve. Got married a few weeks ago. The stakes are higher now.

Huh, interesting note about the brightness levels. Is this about nighttime sprites misused at daytime and/or vice versa? I would appreciate if you could clarify this a little further. A few screenshots, perhaps? Only if it wouldn’t bother you.

It seems obvious to me that general game design principles for RenPy are different from those for HTML (Twine). The remake is gonna be… the same title, but a different game, if that makes any sense. You know how they used to develop two separate versions of the same game for different platforms back in the day, sometimes so different you could literally hate one version and be in love with another? (I personally choose SW:TFU PSP over PC!) You can already see all the in-game text inherited from the original re-written, trait system reworked and expanded, new mechanics added.

My biggest ambition for this game is how I plan to implement Teender from the original. If this thing works out, I could maybe even try to include all those random encounters with strangers…

Reactions: Holdos

vonbek

Apr 23, 2020
needs way more time on the boxing minigame. not everyone is able to move or react like a hyperactive teenager on meth

tried both keys and "click" and best so far is 4 steps out of 8

either that or just give a "skip minigames toggle"

In fact, needs times for all of them pushed up for those of us that aren't able to react or move the mouse etc. quickly.

Reactions: whyamhere420

Sokano

Aug 13, 2017
Great news, nice one dev for doing something a bit different. The problem I have with the original is that a niche subject means everyone with an interest has seen the models and those scenes 100s of times already.

Plus going straight into the hardcore stuff means there's no real progression as you're already at the end game. Animations mean a chance to corrupt and have the girls improve over time, which is much more interesting in the long run.

Reactions: MercuryDev

MercuryDev

Game Developer
Dec 7, 2020
needs way more time on the boxing minigame. not everyone is able to move or react like a hyperactive teenager on meth

tried both keys and "click" and best so far is 4 steps out of 8

either that or just give a "skip minigames toggle"

In fact, needs times for all of them pushed up for those of us that aren't able to react or move the mouse etc. quickly.
I see. It was quite challenging for me to come up with numbers that imply challenge yet don’t push it too hard. For me, personally, boxing goes 8/8 every time I play it. Anyway, now that you’ve brought this subject up, I think I’ll implement an alternative way to deal with manual skill points gain.

Yep, that’s him! He’s the first one who comes to mind when I see the word “director”.

Great news, nice one dev for doing something a bit different. The problem I have with the original is that a niche subject means everyone with an interest has seen the models and those scenes 100s of times already.

Plus going straight into the hardcore stuff means there's no real progression as you're already at the end game. Animations mean a chance to corrupt and have the girls improve over time, which is much more interesting in the long run.
Oh I can’t stress enough how I feel you on this! Yeah, now that I think of it, I should definitely do a girl who has little to none head game skill and a questline dedicated to her training. I’m actually surprised to see so many people who’ve played the original in this thread! Lack of feedback has always been bothering me, and now it’s so refreshing to see people sharing their opinions.

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes