Facepalm Bombing

haywire_hero

Oct 3, 2017
Haven't gotten bombed as I don't post too often. But I had facepalmed a post of some rabid NTR hater and not even 5 mins past the person tracks down a random 3-4 month old post of mine just to faceplam it. Did the same thing again to a different person a month later, once again a notification of some random 5 month old post getting a faceplam a minute or two later. I just couldn't help think both times, some people use alot of energy to be petty :ROFLMAO:

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
I had someone go back and facepalm around 600 of my previous posts :rolleyes: You got off lightly ;)
That's an absolute win in my books. You unlocked an amazing power to make someone waste 30+ minutes of their life scrolling through your posts and clicking an emoji.

I for one know that I couldn't be trusted with such power.

slackster

Feb 1, 2017
So... Are you (those facepalm-bombing everyone like little kiddies) going to stop or will I have to take more drastic measures?
It depends on which Mod you get- some may delete the posts that contained a tiny image which hurt your feelings , others might give you a warning and thread ban you for wasting their time

As i showed earlier there is no official position on the issue

• Thinking Face
Reactions: fffffffffffk

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
It depends on which Mod you get- some may delete the posts that contained a tiny image which hurt your feelings , others might give you a warning and thread ban you for wasting their time

As i showed earlier there is no official position on the issue
Didn't hurt my feelings per se. One, two facepalms - fine. No big deal. But blowing it all out of proportion in the manner described in the first two posts of this thread strikes me as rather ridiculous. I realise that asking people to show a modicum of maturity on the internet may be too much for some to handle or even comprehend but I just wish the mods would realise this is in fact a community matter and common civility isn't quite dead yet.

Rythan25, facepalms by themselves are no big deal but blowing things clearly out of proportion is what has really irked me.
As I said in my opening post: 6 != 1.
I've had to deal with this crap IRL as well and eventually those people realised that they being ridiculous when their other friends let them know strongly or just straight up and left them in the middle of whatever shindig they were at. I know that things are pretty unreal on the internet, though. But I'd much rather not have to deal with that level of immaturity where it seems that the norms of society hold no sway at all.

It takes a special kind of person to take it to the level that this one person has done.
And I still smell Alt accounts.

Last edited:

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Facepalming people you disagree with at least makes sense. There is that one guy Canto Something who facepalms people literally randomly. I think they said facepalm is the same as a Like.
That's a fair point.

Re-reading his post I know now that it was supposed to have been a joke of some sort.
The fact remains that I did ask him to stop to which he facepalmed once more with a "Kek" response.
Should have just come out and said "Please notice me, Senpai!".
I don't want to block/ignore (much less report) this guy because at some point his brain might decide to make itself known but if I keep smelling what I assume to be alt-accounts...

(edited for sensible spacing)

And oh boy another one. FFS. This is just getting stupid now.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: fffffffffffk

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Hmm, if people start worry about dislikes, facepalms, or any reaction they don't like based on what they say or do on the internet in any way or form. Maybe they should just disconnect from any media what so ever. You will always find people that disagree with you. Getting upset with them for reacting or expressing their views is just waste of calories.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Hmm, if people start worry about dislikes, facepalms, or any reaction they don't like based on what they say or do on the internet in any way or form. Maybe they should just disconnect from any media what so ever. You will always find people that disagree with you. Getting upset with them for reacting or expressing their views is just waste of calories.
For. The. Last. Effing. Time.
It's not the facepalming itself that upset me but how ridiculous the retaliation was. ie, 6 != 1. I expect a little too much from humanity sometimes and in this case it was common civility. I have since reviewed his comment and I can now see it for the wisecrack it was. It just wasn't funny. Still isn't.
As it was just childish retaliation, I have labelled it as "revenge-facepalming".

Some kids let their Starcraft/Warcraft/Whatever POS MMO it is that's turning them into social retards now addiction go too far unchecked.
It still feels like a "Notice me, Senpai!" kind of reaction he had to my honest opinion.

Responding to my PM asking him to stop with "kek" makes me think this user in particular was raised by the internet.

Mods, I want this thread locked. It's served its purpose.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Callowayaway

おい!

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2018
It's not the facepalming itself that upset me but how ridiculous the retaliation was. ie, 6 != 1. I expect a little too much from humanity sometimes and in this case it was common civility. I have since reviewed his comment and I can now see it for the wisecrack it was. It just wasn't funny. Still isn't.
As it was just childish retaliation, I have labelled it as "revenge-facepalming".

Some kids let their Starcraft/Warcraft/Whatever POS MMO it is that's turning them into social retards now addiction go too far unchecked.
It still feels like a "Notice me, Senpai!" kind of reaction he had to my honest opinion.

Responding to my PM asking him to stop with "kek" makes me think this user in particular was raised by the internet.

230114_908223010.jpg

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017

Well the "kek" thing got its origins from "World of warcraft", basically a "lol"...

Not sure you make lots of friends by stating people playing mmo's turning into social retards. I would assume there is a fair chunk of the people on this site that been involved in such.

Internet been a thing for over 20 years. It's fair to assume a lot of people been "raised" by the internet, you probably been influenced quite a bit yourself too right?

If someone take special interest in you and spend calories on facepalm you. What's the big deal? It's not the end of the world. Move on, put them on ignore or whatever. You can't cure silly you know..

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Well the "kek" thing got its origins from "World of warcraft", basically a "lol"...
Shows how little regard I have for MMOs in general.
Not sure you make lots of friends by stating people playing mmo's turning into social retards. I would assume there is a fair chunk of the people on this site that been involved in such.
You're conveniently forgetting that I specified "addiction".
Internet been a thing for over 20 years. It's fair to assume a lot of people been "raised" by the internet, you probably been influenced quite a bit yourself too right?
To some extent. Most of my current being is thanks to my friends and parents.
If someone take special interest in you and spend calories on facepalm you. What's the big deal? It's not the end of the world. Move on, put them on ignore or whatever. You can't cure silly you know..
HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DO I HAVE TO REPEAT MYSELF?

How can I still be getting baited and hounded by Ignored users? If I don't want to hear from them and don't want to know about them, I shouldn't be told about their reactions to my posts. Better yet, block ignored users from being able to pass comment on posts made by the user that is ignoring them. Not just mine, but everybody on everybody's ignore list.
Because everybody has a point where enough is enough.

Last edited:

おい!

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2018
islak-kek-ytk-site.jpg

(2,514,811)
· 50 mins·Yield: 10
Bol soslu bu kakaolu ıslak kek tarifi ayrılan çikolatalı kek harcının yarattığı akışkan kıvam ...
Ingredients
  • 3 adet
  • 1 su bardağı
  • 2 yemek kaşığı
  • 1 paket
  • 1 yemek kaşığı
Isn't this kek?

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
View attachment 545669

(2,514,811)
· 50 mins·Yield: 10
Bol soslu bu kakaolu ıslak kek tarifi ayrılan çikolatalı kek harcının yarattığı akışkan kıvam ...
Ingredients
  • 3 adet
  • 1 su bardağı
  • 2 yemek kaşığı
  • 1 paket
  • 1 yemek kaşığı
Isn't this kek?
Well, a quick google, says kek also means Turkish cake, so yeah most likely...

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I think you are missing the point, there is a minority of members who like giving but not receiving. They even go as far as putting in a request to have the face-palm removed or changed. Why they get so upset over something so trivial is beyond me.

"Like giving but not receiving hu?"

reach.jpg