Dvoika

Game Developer
Apr 5, 2019
Voice Natasha makes while undressing can only be muted by using Global Volume
Sound of vault doors opening and closing can only be muted by using Global Volume

There are a lot of sounds in game that can't be muted unless you mute the global volume (jumping sound effects while talking with other characters etc.) but these two are the most common ones so I think it would make sense to categorize them.
Yes, you are right, sound tags are not always set correctly to regulate volume by sound type. After we move to the new sound preset system, we will fix the tags for all sounds. In the meantime, we will correct the ones you listed. We have already begun to doubt that anyone actually uses these regulators and this function is not worth wasting effort on. xD Thank you.

Dvoika

Game Developer
Apr 5, 2019
Same, managed to fix it?
What operating system are you using? Windows 10 or 11?
By the way, experimental builds for operating systems whose support was discontinued by Microsoft (Windows 7 and Windows 8) will be in the next release. If this is not your case, can you provide the exact text of the error?

Dvoika

Game Developer
Apr 5, 2019
i meant located so i can edit them
I hope you understand that you can break the game in unpredictable ways by manually editing saves. To safely change game parameters, a cheat system was created (details in the handbook). A new, more user-friendly form of this system with an actual in-game UI will be introduced in the next version of the game. If you want to make changes that are not yet supported by the cheat system, just let us know, we will try to provide these features and take into account all potential problems.

NicktheGamer

Apr 19, 2020
I played this game once and it left something running in the background. Play at your own risk I guess, i'm not going to risk any of the possibilities.

pepplez

Jun 7, 2020
I played this game once and it left something running in the background. Play at your own risk I guess, i'm not going to risk any of the possibilities.
I can confirm this, there is an electron process still running after closing the game. (fallout-0.6.0 electron) or something like that, guess it has to do with java. There's also a crash if you look into the Handbook about Khans Hideout. Apart from that, the game is well made.

Dvoika

Game Developer
Apr 5, 2019
I can confirm this, there is an electron process still running after closing the game. (fallout-0.6.0 electron) or something like that, guess it has to do with java. There's also a crash if you look into the Handbook about Khans Hideout. Apart from that, the game is well made.
These bugs are fixed in 0.6.1.
Patch release 0.6.1 is available for .

Reactions: madmit and pepplez

Dvoika

Game Developer
Apr 5, 2019
Actually no, java has nothing to do with it. We are quite embarrassed to talk about this, but it is interesting.

According to the electron documentation, setting a directory for application data should create the directory if it does not exist, in a synchronous manner. In that version of the electron, this happened in asynchronous mode. At the launch stage in the latest versions of the game, a custom configuration file is written there, used to store user pre-launch electron settings. When launching the game on a new machine, trying to access a folder that does not yet exist to write a file, an error appeared and was successfully caught by our error handler. But since it is impossible to create warning windows about problems at this narrow stage of electron startup, the error handler itself crashed with an error! As a result, after all the errors have been caught, the game remains running but does nothing, because all the following initialization stages were not completed due to an error, and the electron process itself believed that this was how it should be. As a result, all new users launching the game for the first time could start the game only after the second launch, and the process of the first launch remained hanging.

Reactions: pepplez

killzone12

Jul 4, 2017
im stuck on a quest where i have to kill a cave full of radscorps and i have zero healing items and i cant exit the area to buy more heals

The_Knut

Jul 16, 2021
im stuck on a quest where i have to kill a cave full of radscorps and i have zero healing items and i cant exit the area to buy more heals
Should have prepared yourself better and made 2 saves before/after starting the quest. Maybe you could cheat (Main Menu > Handbook > General Information > Cheat Codes) to leave or get resources to survive the mobs and continue the quest.

killzone12

Jul 4, 2017
Should have prepared yourself better and made 2 saves before/after starting the quest. Maybe you could cheat (Main Menu > Handbook > General Information > Cheat Codes) to leave or get resources to survive the mobs and continue the quest.
oh i was looking at the new popup after f12 and no clue where to input what i need

Dvoika

Game Developer
Apr 5, 2019
You don't have to fight scorpions. Dynamite can be found inside the cave, with which you can blow up the entrance. This is an alternative way to complete the quest. This option was hinted at as soon as you get inside.

Reactions: Joe Steel

Nalier

Oct 13, 2023
My Avast detects the exe as IDP.ALEXA.54 trojan. I've seen a few posts in this thread notifying about a virus being detected, but there was no response. Is it a false-positive or should we be worried?

Dvoika

Game Developer
Apr 5, 2019
My Avast detects the exe as IDP.ALEXA.54 trojan. I've seen a few posts in this thread notifying about a virus being detected, but there was no response. Is it a false-positive or should we be worried?
Where did you download the game? Can you provide a link?

Dvoika

Game Developer
Apr 5, 2019
I used the PIXELDRAIN link from the first post.
I downloaded the archive from the current link. The checksums are completely identical to our original files from patreon. AVG Free also has no false positives. Maybe your computer has already been infected with something? Can you upload somewhere the actual archive that you downloaded and the unpacked version in which AVG found the problem? Just to make sure.

upd:
Oh, it was Avast, my apologies. Now I'll see how he behaves.

upd2:
No, Avast doesn't find anything either. But files on your computer may still be infected, so it's best to check them.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 37 Votes