jande21

I AM THE LAW
Respected User
Former Staff
Oct 19, 2016
Oh man.. i couldn't even complete New Vegas.. i tried that game 3 times, and to me it just a snooze feast. No matter how hard i try i can't even force my way to complete it. Now FO3 i think i completed that game 4 times. And don't get me started on the old FO1/2. (ahh the uncensored version..where you can blow up the kids that steal your caps!)
Y'all are crazy. To me 4 was bland as hell, the endless radiant quests was just filler content. I got bored very quickly with that game. Tho I will say it greatly increased the fluidity of the gameplay and I like the way the power armor worked.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
My problem with New Vegas is I had Benny Syndrome.

After finding Benny I lost interest in the story and gave up.

I have 400 hours in New Vegas but that's all spent in mods, i've never finished it. Incidentally, New Vegas Bounties is an awesome mods series, if you haven't played it i'd highly recommend. It's DLC worthy.

Y'all are crazy. To me 4 was bland as hell, the endless radiant quests was just filler content. I got bored very quickly with that game. Tho I will say it greatly increased the fluidity of the gameplay and I like the way the power armor worked.
We're talking about 3, not 4.

I did like 4, still playing it every now and then when new decent mods come out, but 3 is where it's at.

jande21

I AM THE LAW
Respected User
Former Staff
Oct 19, 2016
We're talking about 3, not 4.

I did like 4, still playing it every now and then when new decent mods come out, but 3 is where it's at.
My bad. I liked 3, I just think the story is better in NV. The best storyline of 3 was the Pit DLC imo. All the "evil" choices were cartoon evil and made no sense to me.

Reactions: ponyguy

StarWarrior

Engaged Member
May 24, 2017
I didnt think 4 was Great but it was not bad.. it was decent for me, but a little bland as you said.
But my hype for it was sky high.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But yeah i liked the power armor thing aswell. At one point i could open up some kind of power armor mech shop though cause i had that many body parts & suits and crap.
3 is where it's at.
I just think the city thing and stuff suited me better aswell. Instead of that big wasteland in New Vegas. But everyone has diffrent tastes so.

ThorMcBalbo

May 12, 2017
Review:

Art 9/10: everything looks really neat, both rpg stuff and drawing. a big plus for the ambient that it seems to be playing fallout 1 all over again & a lot of art made from scratch. The drawing are really eyes pleasing and as purely from a subjective point of view, better that Summertime Saga and Good Girl Gone Bad. Another big plus comes from the animations, that are really smooth

Story 6/10: As main story absolutely nothing new here and copy paste from fallout 1(find the chip)3(mom dies giving birth to you). And as for the "adult" story is something that we already seen 1000 of times, the corruption levels handled by the angel you and devil you that suggest you how to proceed during an event. Thankfully the dialog, even if they are not excellent, are funny with some Easter eggs here and there (like the one that mock fallout 4).

Sound 8/10: a pleasant surprise to actually ear music and sound effects throughout the game. the sex scenes are really "pleasing" *wink* *wink* with the moaning on the background.

Overall 8/10: Everything in this game is really studied to try to reach perfection:the ambient, the animation, the pip girl, the environment, the fights (that are not boring at all), the characters too, there isn't a single sign of something rushed or that will be fixed/changed in future releases (bugs not included).
If you like fallout, slutty (or not:p, but who are we kidding ) female protagonist, a rpg with a nice fighting system and some some humor, this is definitely a game to keep your eyes on.

daily-afternoon-randomness-30.jpg Redhead of approval

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
Generally speaking, the Lady Killer/Black Widow perks make female characters the better choice combat wise, since those perks give a bonus in conversation and combat with members of the opposite sex.
Yes, that includes Super Mutants too.
Black Widow does that for females. Lady Killer does it for males. In New Vegas you also have perks for the same sex. Making both genders a viable option in combat.

Reactions: Namco15

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Black Widow does that for females. Lady Killer does it for males. In New Vegas you also have perks for the same sex. Making both genders a viable option in combat.
Unfortunately, that's only for New Vegas.
I doubt having Confirmed Batchelor/Chercez Le Femme as another "perk" in Fallout 4 would have been worth having at all, since Perks were no longer perks and just a case of deciding what you wanted and when without any real consequence.

At least in Fallout 2 and New Vegas, they actually had a point beyond just combat, even if the number of cases was very limited... Fucking Bethesda.

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
Unfortunately, that's only for New Vegas.
I doubt having Confirmed Batchelor/Chercez Le Femme as another "perk" in Fallout 4 would have been worth having at all, since Perks were no longer perks and just a case of deciding what you wanted and when without any real consequence.

At least in Fallout 2 and New Vegas, they actually had a point beyond just combat, even if the number of cases was very limited... Fucking Bethesda.
Well, New Vegas is the best. Of course Bethesda would fuck it up in the sequel.

tontoman

May 4, 2017
Oh my it seems you've never heard of Lovers Lab.
Yep, that's where the prostitution and Veronica (iirc) dom follower came from in FO3, and all my Skyrim stuff heh.
But it's still pretty limited, although from the discussions in FO3 it was due to limits of the scripting language, Skyrim was much better in that respect. Maybe FO4 even better... I see Kimy is moving her Cursed mod over from Skyrim, that's nice heh.

FO4 I haven't brought due to hardware (my pc getting old heh), and the sucky story and poor UI (settlement building etc., mods always clean it up). If I'm going to be buying it for the basic engine and mods (like Skyrim, main plot I'll skip afted doing it once), I'll give it five years to mellow out and ripen. Then I can also run it on Max when I upgrade my PC :)
And the problem is I'm so spoiled with Skyrim, if it's something so similar (same engine, different time in history) it has to be really good to be better. This Fall:Out has a completely different feel.

But thanks for the info anyway, in case I hadn't know about it. Always good to spread the news :).

Reactions: ponyguy and smith66

tontoman

May 4, 2017
For the FO3 vs NV, that's always going to be highly personal. I liked both, but for different reasons.

FO3, for me was much like Morrowind. You're just tossed into the world, and now idea what the hell to do. Quest wise or even survival wise. I LOVE that stuff, that sense of unknowing.

NV. I liked the tribal stuff, getting into the tribes. Their stories were varied and interesting (moreso than many in FO3). But then at the same time, it meant many quests or just travelling were fetch quests for someone. So was kind of lacking the wandering freedom of FO3.

So I kinda view them as a difference in style, as opposed to better/worse as it's a preference. A bit like Oblivion with it's huge debate on those autoleveling of creatures loot. Some folks loved it as it meant you could go anywhere at any time (true open world), I didn't like it as (to me) it felt like then, anywhere was always the same. The dungeon 5 miles away is going to be exactly the same as the one right here.. it's going to be my level so why go there.

I actually like going somewhere and dying horribly because it has creatures that are too high level, some hate that. But I don't think either are better/worse. Devs have to work out a compromise.

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
Oh my it seems you've never heard of Lovers Lab.
Man, I can't believe my account still works. I remember making it years ago when I saw some lewd mods on YouTube. I immediately pirated a copy of Skyrim and got me some rape mods. Shame my PC was a hunk of junk and couldn't run it. The one I have right now isn't much better. Just look at those Fallout 4 mods. There's even a kidnapping one. God, Nora is so hot. Wish I could play that.

Reactions: SpongeGuy34

smith66

Aug 24, 2017
Man, I can't believe my account still works. I remember making it years ago when I saw some lewd mods on YouTube. I immediately pirated a copy of Skyrim and got me some rape mods. Shame my PC was a hunk of junk and couldn't run it. The one I have right now isn't much better. Just look at those Fallout 4 mods. There's even a kidnapping one. God, Nora is so hot. Wish I could play that.
What about Oblivion can you run that one? Oblivion is like the rule 34 of games, if their is a perversion out their then their is probably an Oblivion mod for it.

Reactions: ponyguy

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
What about Oblivion can you run that one? Oblivion is like the rule 34 of games, if their is a perversion out their then their is probably an Oblivion mod for it.
Maybe. I'd prefer Skyrim and Fallout 4 though. Less work that way. Don't have to install extra mods just to make the models look good. XD

Reactions: smith66

Junoh

Sep 29, 2017
It's a pretty good game with some potential. It's very similar to the original Fallout game and the scenes are pretty unique. There's not much to go on as it's just v0.1 but it has the entire opening area with the vault and the cave. It seems like it might be pretty ambitious if they don't decide to make it linear.

Junoh

Sep 29, 2017
It's a great looking game, love the original fallout style and how the game is laid out.
Only problem I'm having right now, is the second I left the vault the rat's are unstoppable. All attacks I do with either punch or kick do no damage or miss and the rats devour my health like cheese.
Am I suppose to avoid them? I thought a character with strength would be able to punch something.

Other than combat this game has major promise. I love the effort of the pixel art and the character pictures. Story is very fallout 1 minus the smut.
You're supposed to get the knife off the dead body just outside the vault door. It won't kill the feral rats in one hit but you have a gun for that.

3.90 star(s) 37 Votes