VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Family Man...? [v9.1] [MoleMan]

1. 4.00 star(s)

kartolas

There is nothing spetacular about this game. It's about a "rich" guy that was a playboy all his life, now turning 40, that feels that he is now lacking companionship. Good thing about it is that if you, like me, go for the happy ending love route, you aren't harrassed 24/7 by other woman as in most of other titles out there nor are they obsessed with the MCs dick. So no manwhore here. There is "trouble" around the corner as one of the daughters is already coming for you. I think the main LI could use some more caracter development. Renders are good and the animations are probably he worst part of it. Since I play most of these games for the stories and not the lewd content, the animations don't trouble be much.(personal taste)
    So I was inclined to rate this 3 stars but since the dev didn't bore/annoy me with constantly having to say no to obsessed girls (personal taste), I'll throw you a bone For Now as it's not clear what's going to happen with the girls.

Thank you and good luck.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Duke Leo

The premise of the "trying to reform philanderer" is good, but not very well executed. I'll keep an eye on this but only to see if the dev can make this a better game.

Pros:

Diverse female body types, the "butterface" daughter is actually more attractive in-game then on the banner. I actually thought she was one of the better aspects of the game because she seems more "real" than the average LI.

Intrigued to see how the story develops...but

Cons:

Meandering and tedious pacing and dialogue. I started to use the "ctrl" skip very soon in this game. There is so much filler! I don't give a fuck that the guy wants to jerk it at work, or enjoys a shower and an apple every damned day! Get an editor and make the game flow!

Renders are poor for 2021. They are workable but need the story to lift them up, and the story is failing to do that.

I think the main girlfriend and the secretary are both quite unattractive. Especially the secretary. "No point flirting again" was the easiest choice I've ever made in a VN. Basically I'm playing for the others.

Game-over choices! Why are these here?

Fourth-wall breaks and meta-humor. These can be very difficult to use without falling flat. Unfortunately, the dev has fallen flat here.

Conclusion: If you are really intrigued by the concept give it a shot. But if middle-aged, real estate managers who have a mix of milf to teen (and everything in between) women wanting to jump their bones is your thing then I would explore F95 more before diving into this game. I won't name games but others in these reviews have.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

patrickB

This is an awesome VN with a nice 'mature' story to it, MC is a grown up man who is doing grown up things. Very good pacing, lovely ladies, yeah yeah, maybe not for everyone's taste, but definitely for my taste, some thicc some slim, and all with the right curves ! I rate my games on fappability, and this one has 5 star fappability quality, especially since the last update, finaly a decent written cheating story...
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Justbrian74

This has become one or two of my top two VNs. The renders are great (though something about Samantha feels off with me, but I think I’m in the minority). The story is flowing well. Obviously, it’s refreshing that he’s not 18-20 and been away for four years. Lol It’s also great to have an MC that isn’t a Bumbling “what? I can’t do that!” Type Character, but also isn’t Mr Burns’ evil (at least not yet). He lives in the grey world and makes the best of it. On a side note, if anyone knows of another with a similar feel, please share. Anyway, great job so far MM!
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Ooh

*sigh

Started following this game since its conception. Was very excited for this game and I figured it had potential so I decided to come back a year later. To give context tp this review and a comparison to some of the other games I was playing at the time this started out: Parental Love, DMD, My Sweet Neighbors, Milfy City, and Lewd Island all far superior games because of actual pay off in plot development. This game now has the Two Weeks curse. Great game with an awesome premise but the Dev has spent so much time getting to the noteworthy Sex Scenes the fanbase is uninterested by now and if the Dev tried to add in any scenes at this point it would feel rushed.

---PROS ---
    - The two daughters are fantastic
    - Banging the friends wife was a great touch
    - No Grind
    - Awesome premise of mind break and antihero although with poor execution
    - Dialogue is fairly adequate

---CONS---
    - The renders and writing are not good enough for the dev to take so long getting to the point of the main plot. Games like MidLife Crisis blow this out of the water because its self aware that it doesn't have the best renders so it compensates with comedy and tons of content.
    - The Dev (I WAS NOT TOLD THIS BY THE DEV AND THIS IS PURE SPECULATION BASED OFF EXPERIENCE) will probably get to 1.0 and split into another chapter to contain all the raunchiness it should have. If so, that 2nd Chapter will get 5 Stars from me.

---SUGGESTION---
    Dev please overhaul the game. Keep the same plot but focus more on the corruption aspect. Not to the point where the MC is a total degenerate or rapist. But try to get to the point in fewer scenes. Each girl should have had their own dedicated update and banged by the end of each update. Where the Heart Is follows this formula and its a great idea. Theres still hope for a game like this. Not many games like this where you move in on the MILF but also end up banging the Daughters and thats a shame. Try Honey Select or Illusion. It would cut down on render times and result in smoother animations. And more scenes in general.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

FourThreeEcks

Probably the lowest quality game I've seen in quite a while. This is a sex game, yet every single sex scene is marred with the most horrible of fake, loud ass moaning sounds that just function as an instant turnoff in any situation. Every time the character cums, a sound like you just stepped in a giant, wet turd is played on repeat. Then there are the zero effort animation that somehow makes the scenes even worse than they would have been as stills, with like 3 different frames played on a fast loop, making the whole thing seem more comical than anything. These three added together makes for a complete mood-killer in what is supposed to be the high points of the game; it feels very clear that whoever is making the overall decisions in this game has no idea what they're actually doing.

This is not even mentioning the forced dialogue/directions (many pointless game overs... why even have choices a that point?), the extreme butterface daughter who is supposed to be one of the 'attractions' of the game, the cartoonish-level realism of most of the writing, and just generally what feels like a game that has not been put any real care or effort into. It comes off as cheap, right from the start when the "MM Studios" is shown through three clicks, each accompanied by a very loud and obnoxious moan out of nowhere, in a genre famously played on the down-low.

Maybe it's not a passion project, and is just a way for some guy to learn how to code, model, animate and write, but even so, if someone is okay with uploading something of this quality to share with others, then they should be able to accept honest negative criticism for their lack of effort.
    As for the people giving it 5 stars, saying "it has the potential to be top 1" and all of this other nonsense.. I have to wonder if it is the first and only game of this kind they've ever played; those reviews were very misleading and is what led me to even waste my time on this in the first place.

I hope for the dev's sake that they try to raise their own standards, as there is no future in this kind of mentality where everything is done with the least amount of effort and pushed out despite its many, many flaws.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Ausguy92

As a fan I am eager to see this game continued.
    Family Man has potential to have a permanent spot in my library of visual novels.
    I did not encounter any bugs.
    This is a very enjoyable game.
    The kinks available are in my lane and I am looking forward to enjoying more of them so I can (hopefully) breed all the women! Especially a harem with family fun.
    I am giving it a8/10 as I hope a complete release is made and have no doubt this will be a great game when fully released.
    I am looking forward to its continuation, will download each update and fap again XD
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Math

Great game in the making! by no means without its fault (e.g. annoying endgame choices), but the story and sex scenes are very good and well worth a play-through. I'm looking forward to seeing if "Family man" continues down this path of greatness, which could make it one of the truly great games in here.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

Simon the Panda

This game is like marmite, you either love it or hate.
    I however am somewhere in between. yes,the character models look a little peculiar but I do not think this is a bad thing. I like the variety in the hairstyles and the clothing of the characters.

The game-play uses the same formula as most VN's on here and the xxx scenes are passable. i feel that this game could definitely benefit from animations and some music of which it has none.

The story also kinda sucks in a sense that it is the same as the 95% of the other VN's on this site.
  10. 2.00 star(s)

Kazami

A game that has been 2 years in development with hideous models, complete lack of plot, and no content whatsoever with the 2 daughters which I tought would be the goal.

-I've seen some ugly bitches in this types of games but that little sister, holy shit...
    -Remake the game from the beggining, this is a joke
    -The 4 stars and a half rating makes no sense.
    -I gave it a 2 star rating because of Sofia, you're welcome.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

Sarkasmus

I found this game a few months ago, when it was in the "Latest Games & Updates" List. Started it, offered the woman a new drink and saw a game-over screen...

...so a few days ago, I found this game in my download-folder and wondered what it was.

I got to say, the models may not be for everyone, but they grow on you!
    The longer I played, the more I liked them. The story is nothing special, but nontheless interesting and well written.
    The only thing I really don't like is the way dev implemented the choices.
    • The instant game-over right at the beginning of the game
    • The dodging based on which hand the attacker uses, BEFORE you get to see which hand the attacker uses
    • The question-games (after the first[?] Date with Elie and the meeting with Tiffany). I'm actually quite sure the "correct" answers are actually wrong... Her apartement WAS on the right side, as proofed when you go to Yoga with Samantha.
    All in all, I really hope this gets updated at some point. Would be quite a shame if this is abandoned, since there has not been an update in almost a year.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

MrViceroy

While Family Man...? might not have the best looking renders, the story is nicely setup and reasonably realistic. I really like the domination plot with the secretary. Looking forward to more content.
  13. 1.00 star(s)

God3333

Is this a joke? The models are so ugly... The one girl looks like she has some kind of facial deformity... I can't wank to that!

Story 5/10: Nothing new, pretty bad.

Renders 5/10 :They're okay. They are nothing special tho.

Models 1/10: I have honestly never ever seen such shitty and lackluster models in my life! They're so unoriginal its hard to bust because we've seen it all before. I'll be honest with you, I've seen better models in RPGM games.

Anim 4/10. Should really be done better. There not really Animations to be honest. They're more like pseudo-animations that are like 2-3 renders back and forth.

Originality 1/10. I'm not saying this is the only unoriginal game. However, it's unoriginality really sticks out!

Thoughts:
    I don't know how this game has an above average rating... It's disgusting!
    An absolute mockery. However, I believe in improvement, so will revisit the game and do another review; hopefully it's better by then!
    I know this is a harsh review, but I'm hoping that the Dev will prove me wrong by making this game something good rather than the ugly pile of shite it is now. I only rated 1 star because it's the lowest we can rate, otherwise it would be 0.
    Apologies for the harshness, but someone had to say it...

Final score: 1/10 (Utter godawfull Shite)
  14. 5.00 star(s)

The Panty Sniffer

Great game and I enjoy story I've been a patron for a year now the guy is a cool dude I know theres alot of mixed reviews on this game but if u guys want better animations and stuff help support the guy so he can get it cause I think once he gets what he needs it will be better because I know for a fact he puts his heart into this game
  15. 1.00 star(s)

mancini125

Scenes: Mediocre renders and no animations. A couple of those fake pseudo-animations with 2 pictures back and forth.

Story: Nothing special at all, you go around sleeping with women, you're like 40 instead of 18 and your main squeeze has 2 daughters. You can cheat on her a few times or avoid that. Riddled with game over screens to create the illusion of choice.

Content: [v8.0] Doesn't have much. 30-40 minutes of gameplay and like 8 small scenes. I have no idea why it's called v8.0 but it's more like v0.2.

Games like this are a dime a dozen. Play it if you're extremely bored and have an hour to waste.
  16. 4.00 star(s)

KoGa3

This game is ok with an interesting story, likeable characters and now solid render quality.
    The bad ones at the beginning (Elies eyes!) have been improved later in the game. I would recommend to the dev to redo them, because it´s the first impression of the game.
    Like most I had my doubts with the look of the youngest daughter at the beginning, but she's grown on me now.

That would be normally 3 stars. But there are things, that made it for me above average and therfore I votet with 4 stars:
    - the alice (secretary) story is just hot
    - generally the storytelling is great
    - the relationship building with most girls is well-made

Tested: v7.1

Pros:
    -renders quality (except some at the beginning)
    -story and storytelling
    -mostly natural conversations
    -choices (you can avoid some girls if you want or go for the harem)

Neutral:
    -animations (ok, but not the best)
    -sound
    -amount of gameplay

Cons:
    -no music
  17. 2.00 star(s)

Drako

very poor game , cheap renders and repeated story whith bad dialogue , what i hate the most about this game that it is full of short forced ending so you have to save everytime you are about to make a small decision , boring gameplay i give 2 stars and not one cause the mother is not as bad as the rest .
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Kageoni69

Even though the Renders ( i think they are called lol ) Even though they are not as SUPER HIGH Quality as other games / visual novels i have read. They are still pretty good for a first time game, and they really are not that bad. But All of the girls are super cute. Story aint bad. Animations are decent i have seen far worse lol. As for play ability I Personally enjoyed it. And shortly after starting this i started getting the feels for all the girls. So as of right now i love it and if you have some time to play and read this cute little story so far Do it. Im looking forward to more of this story :)
  19. 4.00 star(s)

Raife

This is not the best written game, nor does it have perfect renders. But it is very solid and steadily improving. The dev clearly has a plan. It is working; I appreciate the new DILF plot angle, which adds a degree of tension.

While there are not many irrevocable choices as of version 7.1, you can certainly see we're headed that way. As an erotic game, it already succeeds, and I expect that it will continue to impress.

I like this dev, and their work deserves encouragement and support. You should support them via Patreon, as I do.

Update for 0.8: The dev's story has continued to progress is promising ways. Yes, his renders are not great... this is not _Where the Heart Is_, for example. But his story is fairly filthy and getting filthier, which is a very good thing.

There is a danger that the Dev could lose focus by introducing too many new characters, which is where we are headed with 0.9. His updates are also _very_ infrequent -- probably due to his embarassingly low Patreon support. If the guy had any meaningful backing, I'm sure the art would improve.

But the one-star ratings are just... wrong -- maliciously wrong. This is a good game unless your only focus is on visuals. Even then, one star is mean or insane. This is a good game that deserves support!
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Reese286

I have been a follower from the start and gotta say this game just gets better and better. It started slow but the art is first rate, the story is good and we have the still intriguing and unexplained twist of "Precious" ... our 'so ugly-she's-cute' soon to be step-goblin. Next we have the hot daughter and our intreped hero MC, a stand-up guy with cash to spare and the only teenage runt or ever-scheming dweeb in sight is the hot daughters soon-to-be-gone boyfriend. And last as a cherry on top we get the smoking hot renders of our lovely MILF who is damn near perfect imho. She is gorgeous, likes the D and her character is well written and real.

This is all Win . I dunno about you guys but for me the story counts for a lot of a games attraction and here we have a good one with quality art to match. Nothing but net.

Keep doing what you do Dev, and thanks. Its a great VN/Game.