VN Ren'Py Abandoned Family Matters [v0.3a] [PingPanda]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

John The Boogeyman Wick

Jul 12, 2017
This is what I was trying to say, if you are forced to choose only a certain path for one of the characters in game, will you lose certain options thus equaling some content (like when disabling Dominance for sister, you automatically give her the 20$ when she asks)?! My idea is to just put colors on the options... for example choices that cause Domination can be red, Affection can be green and so on. I understand the work is easy for the dev... but the question is: do you (the dev) want an average product or do you want a better one ?... in the end it's your choice, but maybe a more flexible story where you can have multiple paths you can choose for a character can be better for your product. I understand some people want an easy, more linear story while some people want more options that gives them more control in shaping the story and characters... the trick is to find a balance thus getting revenue from both sides.
I guess the poll would answer some of the questions, good luck.
It's a technical issue dude come down a little

PingPanda

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
This is what I was trying to say, if you are forced to choose only a certain path for one of the characters in game, will you lose certain options thus equaling some content (like when disabling Dominance for sister, you automatically give her the 20$ when she asks instead of having the option to refuse)?! My idea is to just put colors on the options... for example choices that cause Domination can be red, Affection can be green and so on. I understand this way the work is easier for the dev... but the question is: do you (the dev) want an average product or do you want a better one ?... in the end it's your choice, but maybe a more flexible story where you can have multiple paths you can choose for a character can be better for your product. I understand some people want an easy, more linear story while some people want more options that gives them more control in shaping the story and characters... the trick is to find a balance thus getting revenue from both sides.
I guess the poll would answer some of the questions, good luck.
The reason I went for the new options is because it makes the back-end a lot easier meaning I do code & do scenes faster.

For example, every single menu needs a tag attached to it which will show if you have or have not selected that menu, like if you choose to "force mom to remove panties" then a back-end tag would be set to True ( as it did happen ).

The game then works off if statements and future options will call back to those tags created earlier.

So, if you have 10 options with 10 different tags, I'd then need to remember all 10 tags and do new scenes and script for each tag, but those 10 tags only count if there is 10 scenes, but when the game gets bigger and there is 100 scenes, it'll then needs 100 tags and remembering all that would hurt my brain :p

With the new system I literally have to account for 6 tags, which is if domination is disabled for each character and if pregnancy is enabled for each character.

U

User_10739

@PingPanda
  • Talking with Aunt before trying on clothes, Mom talks about Jonathon but on phone Aunt's ex is David...
  • When MC sees Mom talking to Aunt on the couch he says Mom is talking to Aunt (MC Name)...
  • When MC demands Mom lose panties she is bald but on couch she is not...
  • If you spy on Aunt in change room MC still feels bad about forcing Mom to take her panties off...

Reactions: PingPanda

PingPanda

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
@PingPanda
  • Talking with Aunt before trying on clothes, Mom talks about Jonathon but on phone Aunt's ex is David...
  • When MC sees Mom talking to Aunt on the couch he says Mom is talking to Aunt (MC Name)...
  • When MC demands Mom lose panties she is bald but on couch she is not...
  • If you spy on Aunt in change room MC still feels bad about forcing Mom to take her panties off...
Thanks for the bug reports, I changed him from Jonathon to David in v0.2, must have missed one :p
Also the pubic hair one is because the shopping scene was in v0.1 and the sofa scene was in v0.2, and before v0.2 was release people voted for her to get some pubic hair & I forgot to amend the past images xD

As for the other 2, it'll be a mistake with switching the code around =]

Aug 4, 2017
@PingPanda In my opinion game can be promising, but already got the idea of other games like Dream of Desire in the scene of the mother sleeping in the bedroom, got the idea of taking wine with her mother in the game room Man of the House, it should be more creative, not to mention the background with the mother and sister with their backs in the kitchen, and at the same time they talking to the MC ... said strange ...
08.png
But surely we should support the artist!

The criticisms are so he can improve the game!

PingPanda

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
@PingPanda In my opinion game can be promising, but already got the idea of other games like Dream of Desire in the scene of the mother sleeping in the bedroom, got the idea of taking wine with her mother in the game room Man of the House, it should be more creative, not to mention the background with the mother and sister with their backs in the kitchen, and at the same time they talking to the MC ... said strange ...
View attachment 28366
But surely we should support the artist!

The criticisms are so he can improve the game!
I've never played dreams of desire but I assume it's about sleeping? so because 1 game is about sleeping no other game is allowed a sleeping scene without it being a rip off? I don't feel a scene should be singled out just because another game has something similar...by that logic I wouldn't be able to let my characters drive a car, or have a bath as another game already has it? I don't think sleeping should be singled out purely because another game has it. Same for the wine, I have played MOH and I feel mine is totally different, in MOH you have to buy the wine then give it her, in mine you already have the win and you have no option but to give it her, plus mine has the sleeping pills which his doesn't...if you get what I'm going for here.

I'm not trying to go all hard and defensive about it, I understand you're trying to point out a few things, but I don't think similarity's between games should be one.

As for the Mom/Sister in the background...that was simply a time saver, if I hadn't gone down that route I'd have had to render a new scene without the character which would have taken up time I didn't have ( as my PC is a total potato and takes ages to render the simplest of things ). I could however amend things like this in a bug fix version or just a general tidy up update.

John The Boogeyman Wick

Jul 12, 2017
I've never played dreams of desire but I assume it's about sleeping? so because 1 game is about sleeping no other game is allowed a sleeping scene without it being a rip off? I don't feel a scene should be singled out just because another game has something similar...by that logic I wouldn't be able to let my characters drive a car, or have a bath as another game already has it? I don't think sleeping should be singled out purely because another game has it. Same for the wine, I have played MOH and I feel mine is totally different, in MOH you have to buy the wine then give it her, in mine you already have the win and you have no option but to give it her, plus mine has the sleeping pills which his doesn't...if you get what I'm going for here.

I'm not trying to go all hard and defensive about it, I understand you're trying to point out a few things, but I don't think similarity's between games should be one.

As for the Mom/Sister in the background...that was simply a time saver, if I hadn't gone down that route I'd have had to render a new scene without the character which would have taken up time I didn't have ( as my PC is a total potato and takes ages to render the simplest of things ). I could however amend things like this in a bug fix version or just a general tidy up update.
I don't know if I said this yet but I like your game so far. Like almost everyone else on this thread, I thinks it's promising. Just thought i'd give you some support.
And If you have the time you should play Dream of Desire. It's a really good game so far.

Carlo S

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
May 20, 2017
If I am wrong, well, but IMHO, the game with many paths can lose a lot in history, Dreams of Desire has two paths, but with the same story and, similarly, only change the path of seduction and domination. In this game I really like the first version because the MC had many options and did not have to change the original story, now I miss the way of the sister when the MC can avoid having to give money to her and take the photos himself, and much more in the shopping when the MC could look Mother or Aunt.

MrXV

Oct 3, 2017
@PingPanda Hopefully putting up these patreon polls wont stop you from making the game in the vision you had. I get that most devs who make these games isnt full knowledge coders and that it's hard, So do what you feel comfortable with when it comes to coding. I rather have a working game than a buggy mess with fifty paths and coded systems that breaks everything. Also, ignore the comparisons to other successfull incest games when it comes to things like story and such. There's only so much you can write about or directions you can take with a category that got 50+ concepts in them already. Do it your way, that's the most important. Aslong as it's done good people will like it and play it. As you know since you're on F95 theres a bunch of 0.1 abanodenware concept games that've tried but failed. So keep at it and dont quit cause some people like to throw baseless critcism at you. The constructive is the most important, positive and negative.

Reactions: PingPanda

Atz

Jun 8, 2017
The Game looks good in my opinion. The only that caught me of guard was the game length. it is a bit short for now.

SadisticLiquid

Sep 15, 2017
i preferred the old version without the start options

the new version made some choice's automated and i atleast didn't like that

and woudn't the new automated way kill the combination route?

Reactions: Vik_Brenner_66

kekzor

Aug 8, 2017
When you choose the domination options it does say that if you disable it the domination scenes will be "interpreted" as love by the girls, so it really makes no sense to just skip some scenes that require domination to be enabled.

Maybe just re-write them slightly and re-render frowns to coy smiles if domination is disabled?

Joi_fan

Donor
Jul 29, 2017
I'm not into domination, so thank you to give me an option to turn it off. I'm not into pregnancy either, but I chose yes on the aunt and see how is going to turn out in the future. Ah, you also got another patreon, for now I'm only pledging the lowest tier, but I'll change it when my finances get better:(.

kekzor

Aug 8, 2017
I'm not into domination, so thank you to give me an option to turn it off. I'm not into pregnancy either, but I chose yes on the aunt and see how is going to turn out in the future. Ah, you also got another patreon, for now I'm only pledging the lowest tier, but I'll change it when my finances get better:(.
Me neither, but disabling it removes some of the only current explicit scenes - like having sister change in front of you, the entire shop dressing room sequence (including the Aunt which doesn't need domination), and mom wank scene.

Last edited:

PingPanda

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
I appreciate it man, I think you're the first person to get what I'm going for, not everyone does like an option, that's why I implemented it :p

@PingPanda You say you are having trouble coding tags because you cannot remember all of them. I am not a programmer, but that just sounds like you are doing something completely wrong if you are trying to keep track of all of the code in your head. I would think that you should have the storyline written down somewhere, a storyboard, a Word doc, even a spreadsheet could work. A rough draft at least. I would make a daily task list, with story progression and tick those boxes as I completed them. Maybe you do and I simply misinterpreted your statement, I hope so because I think you possibly have something good here. Perhaps your black and white approach will work out.
I do all the script with pen and paper which sadly has no search feature so going back pages and pages can get confusing, specially with my shit hand writing xD I really need to manage myself a shit ton better.

But something I've notice about some of the "big" developers is they don't admit to their flaws, granted, it may be a sign of weakness, but as I've said before, I'm still learning, if I could go back I'd have probably held back a bit on the release, waiting another month or 2 just to get everything polished and sorted myself out, but, had I done that I wouldn't have the knowledge I have now, I've had some very valuable advice from a lot of people, not just patrons.

Also, I do set myself daily a tasks, but it's hard to keep up with them as sometimes my PC goes full potato mode and takes hours to render an image, where as another day it'll take a fraction of the time, it's quite weird :p

Reactions: gorgone and Herapa

Herapa

Donor
Sep 10, 2017
@PingPanda I appreciate you taking the time to publish a release and to listen to feedback. I really like your game and can't wait for more content. Maybe you could add an option so we can select both paths (domination and love) at the same time, as it was in the previous version... just a thought though. Keep up the good work. :)

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes