RPGM Abandoned Family Therapy Remastered [v0.2.0] [Homie]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

meem

Jun 23, 2017
Okay, what to do with the colored dots?? I am only the the intro part with the girl who is in a Gentle mood ... and now a screen with some colored dots which can be clicked. Some kind of color puzzle?
And it looks way to complicated ... already forgot what was mentioned at the beginning of the intro

VeniVidiVeni1

Oct 9, 2017
I think rpgm is fine. It makes your game have a sense of space and if you don’t a linear story it’s a great experience. Plus it doesn’t let half the peope using use the console to cheat and save scum so easily (or at all). However lots of rpgm devs make the world unnecessarily large (icstor) or full or just plain nothing. If you rpgm devs decide to make everything smaller it’ll give the engine better rep.

Reactions: TylerJ and jaredh72

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
I just don't understand why someone would start making a new game with such a dated program like RPGM and yes I know that the latest version was released in 2015 but it's still extremely dated. I mean I could understand being forced to use it. ie. if you have already spent months or years and are halfway through development but if you are restarting or remastering which I don't even think is possible considering the other version was abandoned why would you choose such a crappy program to run it.
What? Ren'py and Unity where launched more than 10 years ago, the difference is they don't quite allow devs to be lazy with stock assets. If anything, the problem with most rpgm games is that they don't use it to its full potential and settle for a walking simulator.

Reactions: TylerJ

Zurghi00

Donor
Jun 19, 2017
actually i've never seen such a graphic/gameplay style on a RPG
it looks like A LOT LessonOfPassion games

for al the words spent on this thread about Ren'PY Vs. RPG i just say that the important it's only HOW THE GAME LOOKS at the end,there's BIG SHIT both RPG and REN'PY,so what really matter it's how u use it

but personally a gameplay like that on a RPG was unexpected
i just hope the Dev/s have a clear idea of what to do this time :)

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
I just don't understand why someone would start making a new game with such a dated program like RPGM.
Maybe because RPGM comes with a Point-N-Click integrated development environment that requires almost no actual coding skills, and where generally the only typing you need to do is either:
a. Supplying the name/value of something (map, character, variable, switch, etc...)
b. The dialogue spoken by the Actors.

Where as an environment (engine/framework) like Ren'py requires a lot more typing and (at least) a minimum level of coding skill to get anything to happen.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

ea3794

Modder
Mar 30, 2018
I'm the 3rd (or 4th) person that's unable to run this executable. Running with wine just bails with 0031:fixme:ntdll:NtRaiseHardError : stub. Errorstatus was 40000015. Running on a Win7 VM shows the same error as shown by other users (popup dialog with "Unable to open"). Tried EnigmaUnpacker... claims it's not packed. Took a cursory glance at the binary... contains a load of unencrypted RPGMV javascript source. I could make an unpacker for this but at the moment I don't see why I should.

Giving this a pass... props to the author for making his game unplayable without cracking it.

achtone

Aug 18, 2016
The amount of traffic this site directs if we banned RPGM these games would change in a week. Do the right thing F95

RPGM can stuff its ass with pineapples.

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
even with save editor, this was a pain to level up stats. I Did so many uploads save editor started to put a timer on me between save uploads. Otherwise this game would be INSANELY grindy for job promotions.

variables I cared to figure out btw:

variable #321 character xp
variable #462 job xp

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
You guys are making my son N7 sad by just crapping on RPGmaker.

He put a lot of work into this topic. :FeelsBadMan:

Reactions: DarkWolf2055 and N7

allenandarth

May 30, 2017
this is a very "grindy" game, but that's not that bad, can i just say one thing, i'm not trying to be mean but, dude lowkey looks like Grownup Jacob Sartorius, sorry humanity

dce8383

Aug 25, 2017
I'd vote for RenPy over RPGM any day, but in the end I'm happy just to be able to play a game.

Unfortunately, I can't in this case. Not sure why the dev felt he needed to package everything into one executable instead of leaving it in archives like everyone else does. In my experience, RPGM games packed like that ALWAYS run like crap. The bigger the exe, the crappier it runs. I haven't tried unpacking it, but it seems others have without success. In this case, windows just flat out refuses to run it, saying it's suspicious, and I can't bring myself to override it.

If anyone figures out how to extract it and have it run like a normal RPGM game, I'll give it another try.

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
Is there another way to play the game on a mac? I tried Wine & Wine Staging, but neither of those open at all (or give me an error message).

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote