VN Ren'Py Far-Off Friends [v0.7] [FFCreations]

2.90 star(s) 35 Votes

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I was just and missed that. Just went looked again. But I'm pretty the first it was that wasnt there i could be wrong. But anyway we find bout her. To the guy said the game ic patch I disagree other Erika possibly being your sister. I think alll relationship are pretty spelled. there only person is iffy. that the lawyer the only connection she has being Melissa, your dad friend. I had a hunch she might be Erika's mom. But connection there them both Living in Empire City
The future will tell, I have no doubt.

------------------------------------

To FFCreations are there any plans to make a Fix for this episode ? The text is full of mistakes and some sentences are hard to make sense of. This really needs to be spell checked. Please don't take this as bad criticism, it's simply the statement of a fact.

Peace :)

Reactions: zenky997

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
I liked this game...but this latest update is a train wreck. The Engrish is so strong, a lot of the dialog comes out as word salad. A dozen or more words jumbled together, meaning nothing. I'd almost think the dialog had been written by ChatGPT, except it would actually be better. The pacing also feels totally off. This update had very little progression with any of the characters. It was just the walls of poorly written dialog that really went nowhere. What happened to this game?

OleJackRipper

Mar 22, 2021
Seems promising, but the finish of Freeloading Family was such a mess that I'm not sure what to expect.
No sarcasm here when I say this.
Thanks for your comment.
It looked good and I was about to get my hopes up before I read your comment, scrolled back up to find the dev and other games.
Then I came back to reality.
I appreciate you saving me

• Haha
Reactions: jadepaladin

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
No sarcasm here when I say this.
Thanks for your comment.
It looked good and I was about to get my hopes up before I read your comment, scrolled back up to find the dev and other games.
Then I came back to reality.
I appreciate you saving me
I have to thank them too...

It saved us all from someone that is so easily deceived. Ooof, this one was close.

Peace :D

• Haha
Reactions: Dark Silence

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
Really liked Freeloading Family so thought to try this, but...it's extremely mid. Got to half way through Act 2 and I don't see me picking it back up, though I'll sleep on it. The writing is much rougher than FF, from what I remember, and none of the characters seem nearly as compelling or interesting. It's not bad really, it just...there's no spark to the story? I can't quite put a finger on it. None of the mysteries seem particularly enticing; even the MC doesn't seem to particularly care (dude, ask Erika what her Dad's name is. You share a surname, even if it doesn't end up being a thing, it's something you ask. Dumbass)

Am I missing something? I closed the game after the detective club first meeting before going off to meet Melissa or Erika. The MC is a weird guy too.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Really liked Freeloading Family so thought to try this, but...it's extremely mid. Got to half way through Act 2 and I don't see me picking it back up, though I'll sleep on it. The writing is much rougher than FF, from what I remember, and none of the characters seem nearly as compelling or interesting. It's not bad really, it just...there's no spark to the story? I can't quite put a finger on it. None of the mysteries seem particularly enticing; even the MC doesn't seem to particularly care (dude, ask Erika what her Dad's name is. You share a surname, even if it doesn't end up being a thing, it's something you ask. Dumbass)

Am I missing something? I closed the game after the detective club first meeting before going off to meet Melissa or Erika. The MC is a weird guy too.
Don't rush. The story will come to fruition.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021

He may've lost his proofreader from FF. But I don't know. Reads like it.

Jul 5, 2022
Something is definitely up with this update's script. I NEVER would have kept up with the game if it had such poorly worded writing, so to see this... mess. Highly disappointing.

Reactions: karumi56
Jul 5, 2022
"It really surprises me that you put me so low. I should make you engulf your own words right now, but I won't do because I have my dignity."

This is what happens when you keep hitting "next word" on your phone's auto-predict, right?

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I'm willing, in theory, but with the reviews and recent comments, can you say something about what gets you excited about the game? I don't want to feel like a crazy person, I'm just not seeing it right now.
The story is deceptively simple, but, if you start digging deep into the connections and relationships, you'll find some quite deep mysteries. First, you can't take anything at what it looks like on the first impression. Second, we don't know yet if it will be a full fledged Harem, so, all the girls are open so far. Third, the MC's father is a major piece in this. Pay close attention to his Last will. Many people important to the story are in there. The lawyer doesn't tell you, but it's possible to see an image where her computer screen shows a LOT of info. Also, pay very close attention to the MC's memories, read them carefully.

But, you have to be patient, the story is being given drop by drop, you'll probably have to replay from the start a few times to refresh your memory between updates.

Is it a GREAT game? It depends, to me it's a Good game, quite interesting with great characters. Wouldn't call it Great yet, because for my tastes it needs an Harem. But, other than that, it is quite enjoyable so far.

Hope it helps.

Reactions: Hungover00

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
"It really surprises me that you put me so low. I should make you engulf your own words right now, but I won't do because I have my dignity."

This is what happens when you keep hitting "next word" on your phone's auto-predict, right?
No. This is what happens when the writer isn't fluent in English, probably because it is from a non-English speaking country and the Spell check didn't kick in. Do try to understand what you can. We'll have to wait for a fix, either by the author or by someone that knows how to do it.

Jul 5, 2022
No. This is what happens when the writer isn't fluent in English, probably because it is from a non-English speaking country and the Spell check didn't kick in. Do try to understand what you can. We'll have to wait for a fix, either by the author or by someone that knows how to do it.

There are PLENTY of games on here that weren't written by native English speakers. If you're going to release it in English, make sure it's translated properly, because as of right now, it's gibberish, and it's obviously making an impression to people who've played the game from the beginning.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
Either the author or Erika don't understand feminism, or are equating a tiny majority of it with the entire thing. There's a lot of soapboxing so far, even just by chapter 2. Got bitter old man vibes to it, Abe 'Stepson' yelling at a cloud.

And what's with keeping Bangkok and Vancouver, but then Empire, Capital, and Radiant Valley? Choose a lane, either real world (with maybe one exception) or all fake. I don't see what's gained by the hybrid.

2.90 star(s) 35 Votes