Lolwut365

Jun 5, 2020
just tried the public release of v0.6 and holy shit performance issues and crashes everywhere, nothing like this in earlier versions. its basically unplayable right now. between steamVR and the game i had a dozen crashes in less than an hour. i've got a reverb G2 and my pc is a ryzen 5 2600, 16gb of ram and a 3080 so unless a recent windows update fucked some shit up there is something else going on here. talk about a bummer :(

Softscale

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2021
just tried the public release of v0.6 and holy shit performance issues and crashes everywhere, nothing like this in earlier versions. its basically unplayable right now. between steamVR and the game i had a dozen crashes in less than an hour. i've got a reverb G2 and my pc is a ryzen 5 2600, 16gb of ram and a 3080 so unless a recent windows update fucked some shit up there is something else going on here. talk about a bummer :(
Uh yea that's pretty weird, and the first I've heard of it - if anything v0.6 should have better performance than previous versions. After a crash, you might check (AppData)/LocalLow/Softscale/FarmD/Player.log and see if it says anything informative about what happened, there might be something weird going on with SteamVR things. I think I have had a few users report issues with WMR devices that others didn't seem to be having.

Reactions: Lolwut365

Lolwut365

Jun 5, 2020
Uh yea that's pretty weird, and the first I've heard of it - if anything v0.6 should have better performance than previous versions. After a crash, you might check (AppData)/LocalLow/Softscale/FarmD/Player.log and see if it says anything informative about what happened, there might be something weird going on with SteamVR things. I think I have had a few users report issues with WMR devices that others didn't seem to be having.
i'll check the logs next time i try it with the reverb g2. i did give it a try with my oculus cv1 and it seemed to be fine so i guess its a WMR specific bug? lmk if theres anything else i can do to give you some diagnostically relevant info! Unrelated tangent, but is leap motion support a possibility? with the other full body tracking stuff it'd be dope to have, works really well for Virt-a-mate so it'd be neat to see it in farmD if its practical to do so lol.

Softscale

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2021
i'll check the logs next time i try it with the reverb g2. i did give it a try with my oculus cv1 and it seemed to be fine so i guess its a WMR specific bug? lmk if theres anything else i can do to give you some diagnostically relevant info! Unrelated tangent, but is leap motion support a possibility? with the other full body tracking stuff it'd be dope to have, works really well for Virt-a-mate so it'd be neat to see it in farmD if its practical to do so lol.
Yea I think in the past some people have mentioned WMR driver updates that broke support for some games or caused other issues? Not really sure if there's anything I can do about that.

I'm not really familiar with Leap Motion and I don't have any hardware for it. From a bit of searching, it looks like there are drivers that translate leap motion into SteamVR input, so that may be something to try? Otherwise, I can put it on my "eventually" list to pick up whatever sensor thingy it uses and play around with it.

Reactions: Lolwut365

-Hellfire-

Jun 28, 2017
Launch Steam VR then launch the game, go back to your desktop and select VR.
You should be able to play the game then (0.6 is VR only)
Erm i mean...i can't hover the green doggy position to activate it like the other one.(it's doing nothing)

Nightlifev23

Dec 12, 2018
I was wondering if some one could help me? whenever I start it up I get then farmD not responding, I did start up steamvr first but nothing is working. Any help would be nice I want to play this.

EDIT: after waiting 20ish minutes it started running....... long loading time welp at lest the game is running now.

Last edited:

Softscale

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2021
Erm i mean...i can't hover the green doggy position to activate it like the other one.(it's doing nothing)
You have to get your head pretty close to where the green guide's head is to activate the position.

I was wondering if some one could help me? whenever I start it up I get then farmD not responding, I did start up steamvr first but nothing is working. Any help would be nice I want to play this.
You might check (AppData)/LocalLow/Softscale/FarmD/Player.log for any errors that stand out. Otherwise, in that same folder go into PlayerData and delete profile.json and try again, as you may have some weird data/settings that is causing issues.

Nightlifev23

Dec 12, 2018
You have to get your head pretty close to where the green guide's head is to activate the position.

You might check (AppData)/LocalLow/Softscale/FarmD/Player.log for any errors that stand out. Otherwise, in that same folder go into PlayerData and delete profile.json and try again, as you may have some weird data/settings that is causing issues.
I'm getting "Not allowed to access normals on mesh"

Softscale

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2021
I'm getting "Not allowed to access normals on mesh"
I just saw from your last screenshot that you're using 0.6-alpha4. Try playing with the latest version (0.6 public) instead, I posted the download link about a page back or so.

bmuddy

Aug 24, 2018
Downloaded this not expecting much. I'd say this has more promise than a fair number of other experiences, the full body tracking works surprisingly well! I'll watch this closely, if they add more animals this will be awesome!

Wanideretz

Sep 13, 2018
the full body tracking works surprisingly well!
How does the setup work? I am struggling with my Quest 2.
You get this calibration screen. Then I point with the controllers where my hip is... and as a result I glued my virtual hip at the controller.

bmuddy

Aug 24, 2018
How does the setup work? I am struggling with my Quest 2.
You get this calibration screen. Then I point with the controllers where my hip is... and as a result I glued my virtual hip at the controller.
No idea on the quest, I have a very odd hybrid system of a reverb g2, index controllers and vive pucks so unfortunately I cannot help :( I will say that in order to get the pucks working correct they need to be very close to the appendages you are mapping them to

Wanideretz

Sep 13, 2018
No idea on the quest, I have a very odd hybrid system of a reverb g2, index controllers and vive pucks so unfortunately I cannot help :( I will say that in order to get the pucks working correct they need to be very close to the appendages you are mapping them to
OK I give more details:
I have a red markers floating above both controllers. The set button gets highlighted if one of the markers is close to the blue appendages. I press it with the free hand. To set the left feet I crouch and touch the blue marker with the red one. As a result the appendage is now linked with the controller. Funny but not right.
How does it work for you? Maybe the Quest2 is not capable of full body tracking or I am just stupid. The setup just confuses me.

Softscale

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2021
OK I give more details:
I have a red markers floating above both controllers. The set button gets highlighted if one of the markers is close to the blue appendages. I press it with the free hand. To set the left feet I crouch and touch the blue marker with the red one. As a result the appendage is now linked with the controller. Funny but not right.
How does it work for you? Maybe the Quest2 is not capable of full body tracking or I am just stupid. The setup just confuses me.
... You need some kind of tracking hardware, like the Vive trackers, attached to your limbs in order to use full-body tracking. With an Oculus headset, I believe you also would need Base Stations in order to read the trackers. As an alternative, I think some people have used a Kinect and a driver for converting its data into SteamVR tracked objects, but I don't know how well that setup works.

4.20 star(s) 15 Votes