VN - Ren'Py - Fates Collide [v0.4b] [KatanaVN]

1. 4.00 star(s)

rafaaa

Renders are good and story is good and easy to understand and at same time there is some mystery. Each girl has different personalities,the choices have impact on the story and the relation with the girls,hope there is more choices to choose (instead of 2 to have 3) in the next updates,the girls arent slutty like that you need to build a relation with them. The game has potential if the dev continues with a good story and with more choices.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Chryzoa

Great game, it's very light feeling at the moment. There interactions between the characters is fun, and it's refreshing to see more guys in the story that are the MCs friends rather than dudes to NTR.
    Was tempted to rate this as a 4star as it's not a harem game, Kat has offered such vibrant beautiful characters, but you can only choose one, after playing this game a few times through. It is really hard to pick just one.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Blizzard99

(Version Reviewed: v0.2.5)

Great AVN. Little sexual content at the moment, but the erotic (teasing) interactions between the characters shows that there is good potential for the AVN. The character designs are pretty good. The story is wonderful, cus I'm a fan of slice of life stories. Good luck to the dev!
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Story looks intriguing, that kept me going even though there were little to no sex content.

Now, there's heads up at the start saying "this isn't the harem game" meaning you will not end up with several girls, I'm absolutely fine with it. But i don't like the fact that you have to choose x but you'll miss y or z, i don't mind ending with single girl but at least give a chance to interact and to know them well without overlapping their contents, and without running different saves again and again. This game's going to be bigger than it's now, so if one plays through and through focusing on single girl and at the end when he wants to try with another, he has to play from the start that means skipping all the story in between (because he has already read it first time around) just to get her content which i feel is buzz kill as well as hectic, breaks the immersion.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

vforvlad

As of 0.2.5, this is shaping up to be a great visual novel! All of the women have developed characters and there is an enjoyable progression with each of them. There isn't enough content / story yet to see where the relationships go, but I am definitely yearning for more! I'll definitely be checking back on this one because I feel like I'm invested in the characters and relationships already!
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Max Muscle

The game is pretty good, with tons of choices and 7 routes with 7 different girls, it is very various. 5 of 7 girls are my type and they're beautiful ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) .
    The game has good sense of humor, a lot of memes that make me laugh every times. A big thanks for Kat who spend most of his time and his heart in rework every single renders in v0.1, and I enjoy 0.2 a lot, I replayed it 7 times for the girls :), can't wait for new update.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Jeshua

[Review for v0.2.5]

Fates Collide (not to be confused with the Pokémon TCG expansion of the same name) is, as pointed out by this site's Tag system, an Adult Visual Novel under the Dating Simulation genre that takes place on the fictional university town of Ardoria.

The (main) protagonist is a young freshman boy who decides to try and get into said University and town in order to, hopefully, finally get attached to a place and it's people after an entire life of changing towns without ever getting to know each place or even make some meaning full connections, a.k.a. friends.

By a series of fortunate events, said protagonist ends up meeting and, depending on your input, getting to know, befriend and maybe even fall in love with a special someone out of a diverse and really fleshed out cast of young women (no obviously dateable guys so far, sorry. This isn't True Love '95 with it's secret gay ending... yet) who aren't exactly throwing themselves on top of any random male... so it's up to the player to invest their time and efforts into pursuing the understanding of what makes said gal "click"... and how to help her: improve her self image / not be a workaholic and enjoy life / keep a secret and deal with a double life / deal and maybe reconcile with the past / have fun without using and discarding others / be more than a tool / lighten up a bit while doing their best... or any other future specific problematic mindset or backstory to be introduced later.

TL;DR: MC is new in town, has no strings attached to anything or anyone, can freely dive into his friends' lives to fix problems, being generally wholesome and helpful... but time is a commodity, so follow your heart and choose wisely as choices matter and there's no harem route (...or wait for walkthrough and multipath mods, you spoiled you).

Positives:
    • Beautiful renders. I hear they were redone... Good job!
    • Unique, fleshed-out characters;
    • Natural-sounding dialogue;
    • Really good writing, grammar and text timing;
    • Believable University setting and town;
    • No free-roaming BS.
    • Sexy butts;
    • More sexy butts (...really);
    • Realistic girl talk about bewbs (back pain talk when?);
    • It's sort of a Slow Burn Romance game (everything is meaningful).
    Negatives:
    • No lewd content yet (confirmedly present on next version);
    • Light on facial expressions (My Sweet Neighbors was unique, eh);
    • It's sort of a Slow Burn Romance game (No quick seggs. Sry).
    I am a degenerate animal, not gonna lie: Game has big, juicy butts? "Me" dreams of certain tags... But the gentleman at heart in me loves the slow burn of getting to know a romance partner, as well written intimacy is rare and I really appreciate when I get my fill of it. Kudos for the dev.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

jkjkjkjkjk

Great start to a game. Solid looking. It seems like choices actually matter which is nice. I'm looking forward to see how romancing multiple characters is resolved and works out. The background story seems like it could also have interesting consequences.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

13kainan13

Learned about this game a few weeks back trough other VN's discord and figured i would give it a shot

patiently waited on the rework of chapter 1

I like how its not a typical Harem game
    yes you can go for multiple girls but in the end it will punish you which makes more sense just like real life

the girls all look amazing each has their own unique personality
    and they all have Very nice ASSets

the story was fun to start with and at the end i actually wanted it to continue its a hellova cliffhanger
    and definately worth it to pick a different main girl on a next playtrough
    i definately gonna keep my eye on this one for future updates
  10. 5.00 star(s)

mannice431

Wasn't too sure on this given the somewhat generic title banner, i am pleased to say i was pleasantly surprised.

Even though there's no sex (yet), you readily forget about it and get engrossed in the world (and characters).

The humor is enjoyable without being cringy, all of the girls have their own distinct personality and the game also leaves you doubting your choices given the multitude of branching paths.

All in all, i'd recommend it, 5 min ought to be enough to get you hooked and wanting for more.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

TadStrange

So when I first played this game, I had immediately thought please don't disappoint me and make a difference due to their being a lack of actual decent if not great HS2 games. This one definitely had come with surprises. The Dev works pretty hard and passionately on this project and it definitely shows. After being in the discord for some time and watching how well they interact with their community and engaging they are was when I decided to drop a review officially. Especially after this update dropped. Here we are at update 2.5 where the revised version of the first chapter/episode has had a rehaul of renders. It's the small things to even the more noticeable scenes that I saw a change in lighting and quality really hit. The characters are another reason why I ended up sticking to this game based on how they interact with one another. They just feel alive compared to quite a few games I've played on here.

Even the character models getting updated was one of the biggest parts that made me realize this Dev is actually putting their heart into the game and that alone is deserving of praise. I enjoyed the fact that there's more to the atmosphere and game than just simply coomer simulator. Like development and romance is so rarely done in these sort of games and I honestly can only think of a select few HS2-wise that actually have settings where the mc isn't just jumping immediately on the first skirt that lifts. There's the development and actual choice within the game that show either rewards or consequences for one's actions within it. Then there are the girls of the game. Each cover with a great side and even with that shining brightly even they have flaws of their own. They have their own vibe, styles, troubles, and pasts. They all have clothes that really make you capture what they're like before you even interact and it really makes you all the more curious about them. Got to say so far my top 3 favorites are definitely Avis / Raiko / and Eiko thus far, but if I had to add the guys in the mix Falazio definitely up there as well guy is hilarious.

The music is GQ imo, I feel like that isn't touched on enough in a lot of VNs a good bit of them just go pure silent for the entire game but this has a list of tracks that really have a scene/event energy pop out. The fact that this game has a great pace to it imo also was a plus for me. I'd definitely and have recommended it to several others and will continue to. Keep up the great work bud, this game will definitely be going places. Cannot wait to see the story unfold.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

LordHybrid

So after playing 2.5 I have got to say I'm glad I came in at a time like this and hand it to the dev for going back and fixing up the renders. The quality is smooth sailing going into chapter 2 now and the fact that all the characters have such colorful personalities drew me in even more. I also love how there's more than just the girls to this game to consider. It really makes for an interesting atmosphere to have a few other characters that aren't directly affiliated with the girls and some that are just straight hilarious. I love my redheads so go Team Serena! Can't wait for what else is in store for this girl and Avis. Great job and work on the game dev, can't wait to see the rest of the content you have planned!

I'd also like to mention the music in this game really makes for an atmosphere. Some of the most chill stuff I've heard in a while. Hope you link a soundtrack at some point if you haven't already. Also please have more booty camera angles! Especially of Serena and Avis... those beach scenes were hot! :p
  13. 5.00 star(s)

xxxDestroyerxxx

The girls are hot in this game. Currently the first episodes are being remastered, so this game gets even better. I really liked to play it. Dev is very active, which is always important for me.

Support him guys, smaller devs need our help ;)
  14. 5.00 star(s)

bbowerss

Great game so far! Really looking forward to the next ep! Good writing and humour (which is always a bonus imo). The main girls all have varying personalities which, for me, is golden. The MC isn't a total douche as well which makes this 10x better lol. Well done KatanaVN, I'll be adding this to my watch list!
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Zareem

Good game. Great, honest, heartfelt writing. The story & writing seems very natural and inspired by real life. 5 LIs iirc, I like the personality mix there when it comes to not just the LIs, but alk the characters.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

BabeBladeZ

I wanted to give it a 4/5 at first, but the second part (presumably episode 2?) really kicked up in the looks department. All characters are lovely, and its hard to choose a favorite (either Raiko or Valentina). Great images, good dialogue and only some minor typos so far.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

TheDick69+

I just love this game. The girls are pretty and very different. The MC isn't just a nincompoop but instead a person that isn't afraid of his LIs. As their are 7 LIs the story takes some time but that's acceptable. Hopefully we don't get any more girls, except "sidekicks", don't want too many (the reason why I stopped playing 2 very popular games that just got too much for me). I also hope you can support the Dev (I did but for personal reasons "mafi massari" I had to stop all support on Patreon). Waiting eagerly for next update! PS! There is no enforced drugs no more. (y) ;)
  18. 1.00 star(s)

HansDampf788

Review for Fates Collide v0.1/v0.1.1

Compared to other HS2 games it looks above average and I like all the female models in the game we even have a non-standard-looking MC but seeing that the game is some kind of crime story I would have liked him to be a bit more muscular especially as he says that he exercised.

Can’t say anything about the story for now because there is no storytelling in the game yet for now it’s just MC going to school and interacting with other students but it seems that it will be some sort of crime story.

The female cast so far is 7 girls, I like 5 of them on the other 2 I’m undecided because as they have less screen time for now I don’t know enough about them but from what I know one could be a slut and I’m not a fan of that and the other one drugs the MC at the end of the current game so that is a red flag for me.

I’m not a fan of the male best friend in these games and here we have not only one but two of them, I don’t like it.

I play harem games to get all the content of the game in one playthrough but as the Dev made this impossible in the club I have to lower my rating a bit. Additionally, I think there are too many choices that only change the dialogue.

While playing the game I thought I could give the game 4 stars (5 stars are only for complete games) but with all the little things I don’t like my rating goes down to 2 stars.

Update for v0.2.2
    The Dev removed the harem tag, so it was false advertising and with that playing the game was a waste of my time.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Cigzag

Engaging story, very nice and attractive girls with great and interesting personalities that aren't just there to wam bam and thanks a lot mam.

I honestly wasn't expecting so much with a first release but there is already a good chuck of content to sift through. Really good job Katana, can't wait for more updates as there is so much potential here!