Favorite Monster Girl Type(s)?

What's your favorite monster girl type? (See OP for descriptions)

• Amphibian

Votes: 35 10.5%
  • Bird

Votes: 58 17.4%
  • Fish

Votes: 42 12.6%
  • Humanoid

Votes: 141 42.3%
  • Insectoid

Votes: 65 19.5%
  • Invertebrate

Votes: 43 12.9%
  • Mammal

Votes: 136 40.8%
  • Plant

Votes: 68 20.4%
  • Reptile

Votes: 108 32.4%
  • Supernatural

Votes: 146 43.8%

• Total voters

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
@brynhildr Ya, considering she's usually portrayed as a pretty standard nekomimi with just cat ears and tail, she is all good and at the most mild end of the monster girl spectrum. Though I can also get into quite a bit more extreme variants from the norm if they are done well. Like from Monster Musume, who has a mostly human head, except for the extra eyes and pointy teeth, and she has a human torso for the most part, except below the hips she's attached to a spider body. Also, even though her arms have everything in the right place to be a humans, they're quite distinctly insect like with an exoskeleton that reads as long gloves at first glance (and in fact she's a bit self-conscious about them, so she often has them covered with actual long gloves.

I can't say I'm actually into the spider body part of her, at least not in any sexual fetish kinda way, but it does look pretty bad ass and they did such a great job of developing her character with a complex over her appearance due to how scared most people are of her at first sight. It's made her a bit of a jaded loner who tends to avoid all but those who've proven themselves as friends (or enemies, when she's looking to punish those who've wronged her or her friends). They also gave her a rope bondage fetish, where she uses her own spider silk to string everyone up in erotic poses all the time, lol.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: uradamus

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
waaah! seeing such a spider i would instantly use a curled newspaper against it :OhMyGoodness:

uuaahaa i'm getting the chills just imaging such a huge thing in my house.

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
@Daxter250 - Heh, it's a bit difficult to appreciate just how big she is from the pictures on that wiki page. Her spider body is about the same size as, if not a bit bigger than, her centaur roommate's horse body. She's like a small tank, not much smaller than a Ghost in the Shell tachikoma, lol. They don't often show up side by side because of their size, but here are a few images for some comparisons.

ZARDOZ7

You pissed John?
Feb 28, 2018
every monster girl will be at the end futa, so don't matter what type :closedtongue:

edit:

anyway, best example for huge and good (maybe best) collection for monster girls is CoC

and the question is not what type but what character and nature they will have, and this depend of what will be orientation of game - maledom, femdom, switch, or all sex adventure, the last two options are most complicated to create to be realy good as above mentioned CoC

Roseyurilife

Jan 7, 2018
- Amphibian: If i really have to make a choice then Tsuyu Asui
- Bird: Hm...... i guess
- Fish: Absolutely not. mermaids are ok but i rather avoid water as much i can.
- Humanoid: I would be good with most of the creatures that fall in this just not elves.
- Insectoid: I like but honestly i would be too creeped out to think about doing her.
- Invertebrate: Provided they do not kill me in any way,
- Mammal: Oh easy, and i would be happy with, same goes for the mostly because it looks cute and can be a good pet, and . Oh and a , Wakfu made me have an interest in that.
- Plant: Sorry, not so interesting.
- Reptile: . A is meh to me, mostly because I feel like I will be accidentally killed. Maybe a just because I like the bio, but I am ok with . After reading her bio I would definitely like to have her around.
- Supernatural: Now my favorite, i would pick any of the girls in but if I had to choose one then it would be Dullahan i just find them very interesting. Really everything other than the undead i will happily take. Angel? yeah, let's get . (yes, i know she is a fallen but that still falls in angel category) Ice Women? I always liked . Spirit? if i can have i can be the master of wind or to control the ground.

Here are a few i by chance noticed but not sure where they would fall under.
: Reading the bio is just really cool, armor that continues to get stronger, i can be the ultimate tank.
: I don't remember her name but i know of a char from Touhou who was like this.
: just because she's my favorite rush down char in BB

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
@Roseyurilife - There's a lot of good picks there. As to those last 3, I'd say the Living Armor definitely falls into the supernatural category. Since she's basically a spirit bound to armor. For the second, some arguments could be made for her to go into humanoid, but I think she is magical enough in origin to go in supernatural as well. I mostly tried to limit the humanoid category to beings that could reasonably be distant evolutionary relatives of humans without needing some magical/supernatural element to explain them and without any overtly obvious animal traits that could put them in another category. The last would obviously be in the mammal category, since she is basically a squirrel variant of the nekomimi archetype.

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
So I'm thinking I've finalized my lineup of the species to be included in my text game (Though I'm already thinking I may do one or more follow up games that will feature other species in the same world setting down the line). If we include regular humans there are 15 species in total that can be encountered, 13 of which are proper monster girls, and at least 12 of the species will have one or more sex scenes available. I haven't thought of a good way to work in any sort of sexual encounters with the angel who is mostly there to reveal some key information in one or more of the late game routes as someone who's been around the region longer than anyone else with intel that very few in the realm have access to. So she's out on that front. The other non-monster girl making the list is a male ghost who has a past relation to someone in the castle. The ghost is mostly there to shed some backstory and to be someone you can choose to help and possibly save from his fate. Like the angel, there won't be any sex scenes with him either, heh.

Anyhow, here's the list of what made it in:

For those who're curious, I've also come up with a name for the game - The Ever-Setting Sun. Right now there're 2 primary romance options from among the lineup that can lead to good endings. Aside from those, there are about 5 neutral endings so far and plans for at least 6 bad endings. I've been compiling a huge and ever evolving design doc in Zim and mocked up most of the routes in Twine with really rough sketch descriptions of the scenes/events included. All of the species have pretty well defined descriptions at this point and about half the characters have decently developed backstories and personalities worked out so far.

I've also put a bit of work into some preliminary UI plans in Godot. Once I've settled on a final design for the castle style/layout I can finally start working on painting some backgrounds that will be included for the title screen and in-game behind the semi-transparent text box where the story is displayed.

Reactions: brynhildr

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
So I'm thinking I've finalized my lineup of the species to be included in my text game (Though I'm already thinking I may do one or more follow up games that will feature other species in the same world setting down the line). If we include regular humans there are 15 species in total that can be encountered, 13 of which are proper monster girls, and at least 12 of the species will have one or more sex scenes available. I haven't thought of a good way to work in any sort of sexual encounters with the angel who is mostly there to reveal some key information in one or more of the late game routes as someone who's been around the region longer than anyone else with intel that very few in the realm have access to. So she's out on that front. The other non-monster girl making the list is a male ghost who has a past relation to someone in the castle. The ghost is mostly there to shed some backstory and to be someone you can choose to help and possibly save from his fate. Like the angel, there won't be any sex scenes with him either, heh.

Anyhow, here's the list of what made it in:

For those who're curious, I've also come up with a name for the game - The Ever-Setting Sun. So far there are 2 primary romance options from among the lineup that can lead to good endings. Aside from those, there are about 5 neutral endings so far and plans for at least 6 bad endings. I've been compiling a huge and ever evolving design doc in Zim and mocked up most of the routes in Twine with really rough sketch descriptions of the scenes/events included. All of the species have pretty well defined descriptions at this point and about half the characters have decently developed backstories and personalities worked out so far.

I've also put a bit of work into some preliminary UI plans in Godot. Once I've settled on a final design for the castle style/layout I can finally start working on painting some backgrounds that will be included for the title screen and in-game behind the semi-transparent text box where the story is displayed.
Ogre.. what kind of ogre, exactly?

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
Ogre.. what kind of ogre, exactly?
Hmm, well I suppose it wouldn't be too big a spoiler, since she is basically just a side character. I'll just avoid getting into too many details about her personally and give ya some of the more general notes I've come up with about the ogre species found in this world.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Hmm, well I suppose it wouldn't be too big a spoiler, since she is basically just a side character. I'll just avoid getting into too many details about her personally and give ya some of the more general notes I've come up with about the ogre species found in this world.

Side character. That means that we will not bang her, right? :FeelsBadMan:

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
Side character. That means that we will not bang her, right? :FeelsBadMan:
Nope, as I said above in the final list post, there are chances to have sexual encounters with just about everyone other than the angel, the ghost and the witch. A lot of the neutral and bad endings tend to come when you give in to temptation and decide to shack up with the various side characters. In some situations you basically just abandon your quest to discover the secrets of the world in favor of a comfortable life with one of your new companions which are where some of the neutral endings come in. And then other times you find out too late that some of these girls had more than a quick shag in mind when they lured you in and you reach some of the bad endings, heh.

I'm a bit tempted to mess around with a setup where the bad endings aren't actually endings at all. If you end up dying, you'd start over again after a time jump, so the things you did previously still happened, but you get to keep progressing the story. The only problem with that is that it means a ton more flag juggling and alternative text passages to make it work. Not sure it's really worth all the extra hassle, but it would be kinda neat.

Rilogator

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2018
I like monster girls of all varieties but for me she has to have the "anthro" looking face. I'm not a fan of human face on a monster body. Here's a pic of a project I'm working on with what I'm talking about.
Rexanne.png

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I've really never been a fan of monster girls. The only exception for me would be vampires and then only when they stick to human form. No to Nosferatu. Yes to Kate Beckinsale :)

Fliptoynk

Nov 9, 2018
Do shape shifter counts? They're monsters too if you ask me... Having sex with one that mimicked your crush... Brrrr!