icollectsouls

Jul 15, 2018
I haven't played this in ages, but I always get notifications for replies to this thread (and always forget to turn off said notifications). Did this ever actually substantially improve? I don't want to bother with having to download and play whatever latest version is out now, but like, all I can remember was the game feeling very unimpressive, a very bland action RPG with a very basic UI where you'd just run out into the field and fight/fuck monsters. (Of course, the female monsters were all generically attractive, though I think it was just goblins and see-through slime girls, while the males were ugly as sin.) So I'm always mildly surprised when I get notifications for replies, but then those replies are all stuff like "is the game still in development" and "wow I like this so I hope it doesn't die."

Reactions: iamnuff

Spillthebeans

Jun 21, 2017
Did this ever actually substantially improve?
It's still generally the same, the dev has had some troubles with his day job and right now is currently living off his savings until he picks up another job. So for the next couple of months there should be more activity. I hate to see him not get enough support as he seems like a genuinely nice guy, he pauses payments for when he can't work, such as when his town was flooded by a hurricane or his job took too much of his time and he has denied management/lead positions because he likes doing the work he's done for years which is, as far as I can tell, creating models.

With that said he has been working quite a bit on the game, just not in any way that is generally appreciated at face value, such as writing a proper save system, dialogue tree, magic system, etc. If there is one negative thing I can say is that the type of game he wants to create is too ambitious for one person to do in a reasonable amount of time which is compounded by the fact that he listens very closely to what people have to say for feedback, both patrons and non-patrons alike.

icollectsouls

Jul 15, 2018
If there is one negative thing I can say is that the type of game he wants to create is too ambitious for one person to do in a reasonable amount of time
That's how I've felt about this game since the first versions, tbh. I get the stance of wanting to start with your "dream game" even if it takes many, many iterations to get there, but slaen probably should've started out with smaller, more manageable projects until he refined everything enough to make Feign (or something else of a similar nature).
which is compounded by the fact that he listens very closely to what people have to say for feedback, both patrons and non-patrons alike.
I've mentioned something along these lines before, but I do think slaen should have better tiers on his Patreon. Anything above $10 (the $25 and $50 tiers) doesn't grant you access to anything special, and the descriptions basically amount to "omg thanks, idk what to implement for higher-paying patrons though!" If you ask me, those are the tiers where he should actually be listening to people, the ones who are paying more money to support this rinky-dink little sex RPG. Give exclusive polls to $25+ tiers and maybe give them advance access to more "beta" builds so they can offer feedback/opinions/criticisms. Really it just sounds like he's just a little too nice of a person trying to appeal to too many people at once.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Tacopetey

Tacopetey

Dec 28, 2020
That's how I've felt about this game since the first versions, tbh. I get the stance of wanting to start with your "dream game" even if it takes many, many iterations to get there, but slaen probably should've started out with smaller, more manageable projects until he refined everything enough to make Feign (or something else of a similar nature).

I've mentioned something along these lines before, but I do think slaen should have better tiers on his Patreon. Anything above $10 (the $25 and $50 tiers) doesn't grant you access to anything special, and the descriptions basically amount to "omg thanks, idk what to implement for higher-paying patrons though!" If you ask me, those are the tiers where he should actually be listening to people, the ones who are paying more money to support this rinky-dink little sex RPG. Give exclusive polls to $25+ tiers and maybe give them advance access to more "beta" builds so they can offer feedback/opinions/criticisms. Really it just sounds like he's just a little too nice of a person trying to appeal to too many people at once.
Spot on. Seems to be the plight of most things that pick up in popularity, although some survive (perhaps not for the better?). Reminds me of Robocraft. Was a great concept but they listened to the users way too much and kept making drastic changes until it died. Whereas DayZ has stayed true to it's original vision and is somehow still alive after more than a decade.

Reactions: icollectsouls

BigDaddyFrog

Oct 6, 2020
New in this build:
  • Imp dude sound fx added to scene content
  • Imp dude has a grapple scene trigger and animation hooked up
  • Goblins now have animations for their grapple scene
  • Redtree is roughed in!
  • The main vendors in Redtree are hanging out in town with a chest for their inventories next to them for easy testing purposes
  • Added a player test house (location in the screenshot) with external save location. Dropped items on the overworld but within hedge circle surrounding the house should save and load. This needs a lot of polish and I'll most likely need to add a visual effect so the player can see the outline of the save area. Probably something similar to Fallou4 how they show the edge of the buildable settlement areas.
  • Fast travel carriages between Redtree and Swamp Town
  • Critters! Sheep, chickens, and pigs will spawn and slide around in some of the fields (they don't have animations yet though!)
  • Fixed a handful of bugs (and probably created some more) Feel free to drop me a message if you run into any that are particularly annoying!
I'm going to be traveling for the next few weeks and I'm not totally sure what my internet access is going to look like. But I'll have my notebook with me and be chugging along whenever I can steal a free moment!
Basically no new content.

3.60 star(s) 18 Votes