4.80 star(s) 16 Votes

Brokebacker

Nov 29, 2019
I'm a big FemDom freak, so I should like this game, but I don't. I couldn't put my finger on why. As I was playing, I kept thinking to myself, "This is what I'm into. Why am I not enjoying this?" At first I thought it was because the female characters weren't sexy enough, but that's only the case with a few of them (most notably Nicole). Then I thought it was because the game was entirely kinetic with no choices at all, but then some choices started coming up, and it didn't change my opinion on the game. But then I realized, the reason why I find this game so tedious is because the protagonist is just too into it. Domination/submission is only sexy if the submissive is forced. If the submissive wants to be punished, then it's not really punishment, is it? It's just giving a guy what he wants. There's nothing sexy about that. I've said many times, there's nothing a true sadist hates more than a true masochist.
The protagonist has no arc. No journey. No struggle. His personality goes through no changes whatsoever from the beginning to at least as far as I got playing (the bar scene). From the word "go," these women start dominating him, and he offers no resistance at all. He just does it and likes doing it. It's bland, it's dull, it's boring. And as a FemDom guy, I hate to say that about a FemDom game, because there are just so few of them.
To the developer, I hope you stay at it. I think you can do better next time if you just keep trying. Good luck.
Everyone has their own niche when it comes to femdom and what they personally enjoy more. Some want it very forced and brutal, others prefer a more gentle hand with some backhanded toxic form of love. I think FF handled this quite well, there are different girls with their own unique fetishes, some more extreme than others, which reflects their own personalities.

Personally I like it more when the girl can show some form of "love" towards the MC, but she can also be viciously brutal if she wants too. It makes her richer as a character and more unpredictable, the MC will crave for her love and fear her darker side. It all depends on how you set up the characters. Some characters work perfectly fine or even better if they are purely 1-dimensional and tyrannical towards the MC at all times, if it fits her character to behave in such a way.

But it doesn't work for all girls to behave in such a way if their personalities don't match it. You need to be more creative with those characters to draw femdom out of them. And as far as Nicole being "too ugly" is purely your own preference. While she is not the most beautiful out of the girls, she has a nice body and a serious mommy demeanor which some people find very attractive, myself included.

And when it comes to the MC being too willing or "into it" for your own liking. I can see your point that it lacks tension and character progression. I think you need to strike a balance between the struggle and pain the MC is going through with some type of reward or light at the end of the tunnel. Like you said yourself, why is the MC doing these things, never mind the blackmail part, there has to be something inside him that likes this, even if he's unaware of it himself. In his subconscious he wants to serve them, he likes being abused by strong beautiful women, he wants to worship them, every part of them. Even if it's painful, humiliating and utterly pathetic, even if in the moment he wants to run away, he knows deep down he will crawl back to them for some reason. Maybe because of his past? Maybe he has mommy issues? Or maybe he just likes to worship strong beautiful women for no particular reason. Either way it's up to the author to reveal that or not.

And personally if all femdom is done purely by force, meaning the MC doesn't like anything or anyone involved in his abuse, and he gets no rewards or acknowledgement for being a "good boy". They are simply purely driven by sadism, the entire story would feel so mindless and empty. Basically just pure torture. And don't get me wrong I enjoy a dash of brutal femdom, believe me. But you need to balance it with a pinch of tenderness from time to time. Especially if you have multiple characters, having 5 characters who act the same way would be boring and show a lack of imagination.

And by reward I mean like allowing you to shave her vagina before a date, or maybe sleeping next to her in her own bed. The rewards would vary greatly depending on the girl and how much they know about the MC. If she knows you like her feet maybe she will let you kiss them after she takes a shower while they are clean. And if she wants to punish you she will make you clean them after she has not showered for days, and who knows what else her feet have touched. Most rewards could be seen as both a reward and a punishment depending on your kink I suppose. A dommy-mommy type character could spank you as a punishment and cradle you gently as a reward. Even if the MC enjoys being spanked to some degree and worships her as a dominant woman he might not like it when he can't sit down for a week and his ass is bleeding, he will never steal her panties again. Even if some part of him likes being dominated and spanked, the degree matters and such a harsh spanking was more pain than pleasure, therefore he didn't actually like it and his character will start to obey/fear whoever put him through that.

And for the record, there is definitely something sexy about denying a guy affection unless he submits or obeys, and then give him a taste of it to keep him in line. Just because you don't find it sexy doesn't make it objectively so. Even if he likes being punished to some degree, what he really craves is her approval and a chance to worship her completely.

That's quite the wall of text, I do really miss this game. :cry:

Last edited:

johnytherocket

Game Developer
May 2, 2018
So am I understanding correctly both Femdom Fiends and No Man's Land are on hold?

I was looking for any info or links on No Man's Land and searches on here basically brought back nothing.
I see your confusion, let me clearly explain. Femdom Fiends is on hold. No Man's Land is in the works, there are no links because the 1st edition has not been released yet. Later in Q1 (this year) I am hoping there will be a polished first release of NML.
Hope that answered your question.

4.80 star(s) 16 Votes