VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Fetish Locator [Week 3 v3.4.8] [ViNovella]

1. 3.00 star(s)

takoyzhe

When I read the reviews, I was really excited to play, because dudes praised the story, the sex and, most importantly, the presentation. Some guys even gave the presentation in this game 6/5 rating.
    However, I have to say that this game bears all the negative traits of Daz, namely unnatural facial expressions, weird skin tones, off-putting animations. Daz is generally a hit-or-miss choice for a visual novel creator, because you can create an abomination or a masterpiece. I certainly would just attribute my dissatisfaction with this game's graphics to a lack of love for Daz, if not for Freeloading Family, Being a Dick, Summer's Gone and many others that proved that Daz can look beautiful.
    One of the most jarring things about this game's visuals is inconsistency. How the fuck do you have absolutely gorgeous models like Lyssa and Daisy or Dahlia (and believable models like Amrose) and some fucking eye-poking retinal cancer shit like Polly, Nora and Anthony. I mean, characters have GOOD BODIES, but they have UGLY FACES and those ugly faces are not intentional (except for Amrose), Nora's and Polly's ugliness is definitely attributable to Daz. MC looks like he's made of tanned dough and it seems like his sister has been using those YouTube tutorials on how to make her jaw more angular lol.
    Rooms and scenes are okay, but I've seen much better.
    Animations fucking suck, like most of the scenes are animated, but the animations are low-mid-tier quality. Sexually experienced chicks can't put a 6-inch cock fully in their mouth. Penetration scenes are rare, because the author can't properly animate them which becomes apparent in the Nora scene.
    Sounds are inconsistent as well, because music is good, but sound effects are trash, like I'm playing a flash game. I mean, they don't really take out the immersion, but they don't add it. And at the end of the first week, MC's surprised "ahhhhh"s get fucking annoying.
    UI - not good. Main menu's UI is pretty nice to look at. But Fetish Locator's main screen is shit, like I couldn't believe what I was looking at. Like, dude was saying "shit, this game looks good" and then I see the Fetish Locator app in this game and the points indicator in the right upper corner of the screen and I'm cringing like hell. Fetish Locator screen appears very often and this app is a big thing in the game, but why does it look so bad? The indicator looks tacky.
    Pacing - this game has good pacing in terms of story, like I'm looking forward to see how it unfolds. But pacing in terms of sex is really bad. It's mostly all about showing fetishes. Like, pick this route and you'll have a lot of piss drinking, pick this one and you'll have exhibitionism, maybe some rimjobs. Pick this one and you'll have submission. Man, real life people don't work this way. Maybe, it would be better if this game didn't have any choices or had fewer characters and you could combine fetishes because that certainly would be more believeable.
    Story - it's good, no complaints. Not a masterpiece of storytelling, but it's bearable and I have low standarts for stories in nsfw games anyway.

My suggestions for improvement: better animations, reworked fetish locator app screen, reworked fetish points indicator, removed or reworked sound effects. You could reuse the same locations from the week 1 in week 2 but with improved lighting and more detailed objects. Give every fetish-oriented character several non-fetish sex scenes WITH the MC (like, Min having sex with the MC and Polly having a threesome with Nora and the MC). Some choices are pointless already (what's the point of accepting Polly's offer if she still seduces Nora easily), so you may consider getting rid of the branching paths and just focus on telling a story with choices to see or not to see certain fetishes.

Rating:
    Presentation: 3/5
    Story: 4/5
    Animations: 2/5
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Alomi

Great renders and many fetishes to explore all that are optional to suit your taste. There is a story with choices and consequences that I found quite enjoyable, however, somethings seemed forced and unnatural. The high rating is because the game compensates for this with enjoyable challenges where you can decided how to play out an event. Because, of this there are choices you have to think through and decided if you want to suffer the consequences such as missing some interesting content.

Overall this is an enjoyable game that let's you explore different fetishes and might help you decide if you like them or not. V0.09
  3. 5.00 star(s)

luffydono

Love this game, so many content, and great contents, so many kinks, you have the choise to avoid it or not, the girls are all beautiful. And the most of it I FUCKING LOVE Lyssa, she's the most beautiful model I have ever seen on all the hundred of games I have played, I just in love with her and I hope most content with her !!!
  4. 5.00 star(s)

mcgregi

Hi everyone. This is the game for everybody. You found something that you like it.
    I love in this game piss scene,really good,futa. I tried a few times diferent choices and every time I'm suprised. I really love this game and can't wait to more. Thank you for this game.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

G33N

F******ck....

This is the most sexually intense thing I've ever... seen

• The game quality and animations are amazing....
    • Insane amount of content (renders, photos, animations....the added sounds in the 1st one.... you name it....)
    • The further you go....the more intense and interesting it becomes...
    • It has a reasonable and understandable story...
    • Mind blowing models...
    • Fetishesssssssss until the end of the universe!!!
    • Sooooo much scenes and animations :O
    • Everything is kept sexually casual and no drama... (maybe a bit for taste)...
    • Usually the balance is ..... a lot of conversations....and some sex scenes....here is .... a lot of sex scenes and some conversation :O....
    I can go on and on and on....but the main point is.... YOU HAVE TO TRY THIS.... there is a lot of games, that are not for everyone..... some people like more story.....others more drama....some like only to just skip and watch the sex scenes....THIS IS FOR EVERYONE....it's just the sweet spot where everyone can find tons of things that he likes!

P.P. Lydia is not my thing ;d
  6. 5.00 star(s)

RedRicker

I like games where sexual content pops up frequently, but does so due to some explainable reason. Fetish Locator delivers. Some of the character arcs are especially meaningful. I think this game had the best example of a trans-woman character done right, although slightly different dialogue for her in Week 1 would have gone further.

Lots of fetishes here, and most can be outright avoided. Week 2 is definitely an improvement over Week 1, but don't forget to download Week 1 first
  7. 5.00 star(s)

rustysword01

its good and getting better with each update. I like how as we continue to interact with more character we get more out of it instead of just skipping everything to get to juicy parts of your fav. character.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

weretiger

This game is really hot. Top graphic, very nice storyline with many twists and tensions. The characters are all unique and tasty. I am really enjoying this game. The playful fetish games in the game are also very nice and spicy. I am looking forward to play many more updates of this game...
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Bigfootsh

Fetish locator is one of the best games I ever played. All female characters are gorgeous, the story is very good and leads us to do and like some crazy freaky things! J I never thought I could be so horny slapping something like we do in the beach if you know what I mean…
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    I loved every scene of this game and I wonder if I am not going to start with fetichism in the real life :D
  10. 5.00 star(s)

bamachine

Downloaded this the other day, both Week 1 and the current version of Week 2. Just finished the second party and I must say, loving this game so far. Rare to find a game with as much watersports(a major kink of mine) and switch(both dom/sub, as someone who like a bit of both, light) content, The writing is very good as well. Good character development. Hope they can keep up the same level of writing as it has been so far. Please do not add any non-consent stuff to the game. I am fully aware it is far too common in real life, seen it myself. I play these games for a bit of escapism and too many of these type games feel the need to add abuse to make it grittier. The blackmail is taking it far enough in that direction, no need to push it further.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Linoprowler

I like futas and fetishes overall. good game. interesting enough story. somewhat unique characters, I suggest more futas traps and such content, game has only 1 futa character. I am not complainingm this is just a suggestion, nontheless the game is good as is,
  12. 5.00 star(s)

pagaru

Surprised this has an average of 3.5 stars.

Long game, tons of great content, tons of fetishes ANY of which can be skipped if it's not your cup of tea.

Great game.

My suggestion though is skip the Lydia part or re-write her. She's the least hot and least interesting character. Which makes it very hard to actually understand why MC wants her.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

wipano9642

The game has really good graphics and story. The game provides a lot of choices and changes the content accordingly. Exciting game with very steamy scenes and characters. Looking forward to more releases.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Woodland Nomad

This game has a lot to offer. Good writing. Love this game and hope it evolves more on the watersports stuff. The game lets you decide on which kinks you can select so that's a great thing considering not all of us want it all or someone else's. I've enjoyed every release so far.
  15. 4.00 star(s)

iamnotaspy

Rating of [v1.03.11]

I think the completed game may be better than a flat 4 for me, depending on where the developer takes it, and how far they go with some of the fetishes, and character developments. For now, it crosses the threshold and reaches the 4th star.

My review contains Spoilers, so be warned.

For those who may be curious, but ultimately worried about becoming turned off by the presentation of certain fetishes, I have good news and bad news.

Good News Regarding Fetish Avoidance
    Pretty much every fetish scene I was presented with gave me some kind of option to avoid it. I was either able to avoid it entirely, meaning the story skipped that scene-block and jumped to the next time frame in the story-line, or it presented me with an alternative scene that didn't include the fetish.

Examples: Don't want this MC to be a Sissy? Alternative to become the dominant one - points awarded may or may not be different than the Sissy route (or could even be 0). Don't want to worship the feet of a Dominatrix character? Alternative presented where she leaves in a huff, and you receive a hand job from another girl who was present, and may be able to dominate her in the future. Etc.

The risk with taking the alternative paths to fetishes you'd rather avoid, has to do with the Bad News below.

Bad News Regarding Fetish Avoidance
    The bad news is, the game does have a Game Over factor. Because the story-line has you earning Points through your phone's Fetish Locator app, if you fail to accrue enough points by each week's end, you receive a Game Over. Period. Done. Load a previous save where you could encounter a scene that awards enough points to continue, or start over.

Thoughts Regarding the Bad News
    If you look at the list of fetishes in the game and have doubts, you may want to simply choose another game. There's nothing wrong with that! If you want to give it a shot, and find out you Game Over and uninstall, there's also nothing wrong with that. If, however, you think that you can skip 90% of it and still get through the game, you're only going to disappoint yourself. The game was made for fetishists. The title of the game, Fetish Locator, is apt.

Character Development
    I played with the "patch/mod" installed, which gives a more interesting dynamic to both the character of Stacy, and the characters of Kevin and Chloe.

Now that there is a few days of the second week, some character development is occurring, and I've enjoyed that.

Case in point: Lydia. Early on some describe her as frigid, cold, and a virgin. Mike, for some reason, still puts her on a pedestal and does whatever he can to pursue her, "because storyline". At least, that's what I thought it was going to be. I was pleasantly surprised to find that there's more to her - a kink of hers that I can only describe as "cuckqueen" (without the humiliation often associated with it), because I lack a better term for it - but it's an interesting and welcome progression for her. I expected her to hate the MC after finding out about all the women he's pursuing and the fetishes he seeks out (or to suddenly go all poly/harem girl the way many other games do) - instead, she evolves differently. She's not ready to be physical yet, but wants to hear about what the MC does. I've not encountered that much, and it was a neat twist on the expectation I held for the character and the story.

That said, most of the other characters do progress how I'd expect in a game of this genre, with a couple other notable exceptions. Depending on whether you pursue certain fetishes, Min's story-line is interesting for me, given that she' s in a relationship with someone who is not into a fetish she wants to face head on, to overcome her distaste of it, so that she can "win" at fetishes. But she approaches this by keeping her day to day self, and her Fetish Locator App personality, separate. A nice touch.

Not all characters suddenly love and accept the MC, as in some games. True, an awful lot of them do, but some can dislike him depending on the player's choices, and that's welcome here.

Fetish Frequency
    This is a bit of a debate point for players. Some like exploring as many fetishes as they can. Others wish there was more content for the fetishes they prefer. Hard to do a universal review on this concept, but here's my take:

The game hasn't even completed it's "Week 2" yet. I admit to not knowing how many days/weeks the Developer intends to include, but some fetishes are continuing to have reoccurring scenes with further updates. The Trans and Watersports fetishes, if chosen during the Week 1 playthrough, start receiving more frequent scenes. That said, other fetishes have only appeared once, never to be seen again.

I think this aspect will only be reviewable in full, once the game is marked as "Complete".

Gameplay
    There really isn't much gameplay here. There is no Time-Of-Day, there are no Relationship Points to manage, there is no money tracking, and there is no free-roam or map-point-clicking.

It's a novel, where you make decisions on which scenes you want to see, and occasional dialog choices. Otherwise, you're watching and reading the story the Dev intends to tell.

I, personally, like that about this particular game. I think that if they tried to tackle this concept with an open world, location based story events, etc, that it would become A) too messy to navigate easily as a player, and B) to difficiult and time consuming to release consistent updates as a Dev, without sacrificing quality of renders.

Quality of Renders
    Acceptable to Very Good. Not the best I've ever seen, particularly during animations, but overall the stills are of total acceptable quality. The animations are sometimes a bit jilted in terms of where they loops, making the loop obvious. That said, they're definitely not bad by any means.

Overall
    At the end of the day, I'll give it a 4/5. Some fetishes are only presented once, and while I may not mind that as one of my favorites is presented multiple times, others will find that disappointing. The renders are good to great but not truly top tier. The characters are well written but some can lean toward the one dimensional side (Note: this may simply be because there isn't enough content yet for a believable progression of character) - that said, some of the main ones are evolving with time and I look forward to seeing where their development takes them. I'll definitely be checking back in with the game after a few more updates.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Stringerbell

I had a lot of fun with this. Probably the bravest VN I played - one of the best looking as well.
    Most scenes seem pretty hardcore and hit the spot for me, but if you a more vanilla-liking person, I think you can make choices that will suit you and enjoy the story, which is also shaping up to be pretty nice.
    5/5 from me, I'll be checking for new updates - and these come up pretty quickly in comparison to other games, love it.

Great work!
  17. 2.00 star(s)

Vollezar

Meh. MC is a moron who can't shut up when he needs to and too stupid to say what he needs when there is a time for it. Premise with the app and the blackmail is alright but too much of a bullshit.
    But it does have some pretty hilarious moments. And, aside from MC's moronic blah blah, dialogue is not that bad.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

raggedsunbeam

Interesting idea for a game. Some of the characters are interesting and hot. Facial expressions seem to be a bit of a problem though, and sometimes the weird appearance of a character's lips is really jarring. I've enjoyed getting to know several of the characters, but the main "Love" interest falls flat for me. Sadly, a lot of the game feels like the VN equivalent of fetch quests. Looking forward to more updates.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

methy

Well, isn't that lovely! This game have great stuff for all of us - nice sense of humor and good plot twists . Pleased with the availability of trans content, because it is rare. Good quality graphics. I look forward to continuing. And of course I expect more naughty futa on male scenes!!!:love:
  20. 2.00 star(s)

KL-001-A

Wide as a lake, deep as a puddle. If you're here for any one specific fetish, you're out of luck; most fetishes in the game(s) only have one scene, and thanks to the fetish scoring system, there's a pretty good chance you'll be forced to deal with some fetishes and characters you don't like.

A game like this should've focused more on either overdoing it with the content, so that the player can tailor-make their run through the game how they like, or trimming back the number of fetishes so they can flesh them out more.

My own personal attempt was trying to do a blind run, ran into several major turnoffs, then reached the end of the game, having missed both of the actual fetishes I was looking for.
    I was flaccid the whole time, bah humbug.