VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Fetish Locator [Week 3 v3.4.8] [ViNovella]

1. 5.00 star(s)

RC-1138 Boss

Awesome ren'py VN.

Play as Mike during the course of a week using a sex app to get closer to his dreams crush while meeting many other interesting women along the way (which i hope cure his Lydia's crush..hehe). All that while trying to figure it out who is the person behind this app.

Most characters are well fleshed out, specially AmRose and Lydia.

Renders are of good quality and so are the animations.
    Game also has some ambient sounds and a few musics (not many).

Recommended.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Kungpaojetli

Awesome game. Easy 5 star for me.

Pros:
    - Includes many fetishes
    - Likeable characters
    - Pretty 3D models
    - Good and easy to follow story

Cons:
    - Not so fluid animation
    - No mother-son content so far

Keep up the good work!
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1882281

Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete
  4. 5.00 star(s)

hubba69

I really enjoyed playing this game. I opted out of foot fetish, futa and one more I don't remember, but still had 72 points (50 needed to end the chapter). Maybe some people here are challenged by actual gameplay.
    This game isn't perfect, but IMHO it is one of the better games on this site. I would have given 4 stars but will give 5, because it has been downvoted by some in an unconstructive manner.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Jwow3

Fetish locator is a 3D adult VN that delivers exactly what it promises and a bit more for that extra cherry on top for the discerning.

I’ve seen quite a few low rating attributed to not liking some of the fetishes you have to play through to continue and criticizing the plot but I think they miss the point of the game.

A lot of adult VN’s are simple point a click smut that’s easy to enjoy quickly but equally easy to get bored of. I started playing Fetish Locator for one particular fetish, but I stayed for the rest of the game.

The game has a beautifully rendered set diverse of characters that are all different and interesting in their own ways. Making a 3D character physically attractive is difficult enough in itself and making many with distinct personalities, wants, ideas, and kinks with believable interactions is a big job and I commend Vinovella for doing it so well.

The plot isn’t an award winning masterpiece for ages to come, but I don’t believe that’s why any of us came to this game in the first place. It is a surprisingly interesting premise delivered well and driven by a masterfully choreographed cast.

You can’t skip all the fetishes except your one and continue without a game over, but variety is the spice of life as they say. I don’t personally mind skipping a fetish I’m not into to keep going and I understand the necessity given the game’s story and the sheer amount of kinks present. If you’re a little open minded you’ll be fine going through some warmup fetishes in preparation for the one that really gets you going. I came for one specifically but I managed enjoy almost all of the others alone the way.

Once again I must comment the developer for a wonderfully entertaining piece of work, and I eagerly await the next release. I’ll be getting a Patreon for this as soon as I can to add my support to this project.

TL DR:
    I give this game 5/5 not because it’s a perfect game but because it delivers its own goals spectacularly with a wide variety of fetishes to choose from, a well executed plot, and a super cool world of people to see. That’s 3 stars right there.

It adds more to that with one of the best ensembles of characters I’ve ever seen in any game, very decent animation for a VN, and beautiful 3D rendering for you watch it all through.

You might not like/love/be into every person or kink in Fetish Locator but you will certainly find the ones you do ;)
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Tinuss

Why anyone interested in fetishes would rate this anything below a 3 is completely mindbogling to me.
    The game offers a wide variety of Fetishes you can opt in and out of. On top of that the dev is continuously integrating more.

Updates are at a nice pace and the content that gets delivered is balanced between progressing the story and adding lewd scenes.

I made a Patreon account to support the development of this endeavor and I would like to see how it grows.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Duncanidaho

This is not a strong story based game more like a fun game where a mobile app tells you what to do and this will lead interesting situations. Renders and girls are nice. Lewd scenes are average but because the fetish locator always something new and interesting situation going on.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

Tragic Princess

This game has a lot of fetishes which means some people will be satisfied and some won't depending on how much content for that said fetish your into. When I played this I thought it was gonna be another BAD type game. That would've been cool, I guess, however, this is much different. You start off trying to get points for the fetish app which meant observing everyone including your roommate get some action while you did nothing but watch.

It took the last couple of updates for the MC to finally get laid. One of my gripes is you have to do certain fetishes in order to get content with certain girls which is kinda lame. Like one chick wants you to worship and lick her feet and if you refuse she gets pissed lol. MC started changing as the game progressed, his dick size started changing(which I didn't like) I don't know if the devs changed it because of complaints or if it were their decision. The points system is annoying because once again you can be forced into certain fetishes that you may not like in order to get them. Like I wanted to ignore Chloe because she isn't attractive to me but I need the point so I took one for the team. But yeah, those are my gripes. The story is okayish, the Renders for some models are pretty good, other models not so much.

Overall this game may be a gem for others with love for multiple fetishes, but it's not for me. Anyways, good luck to the devs.
  9. 1.00 star(s)

HunterSeeker

Judging by the title, I expected this to be a game where many different fetishes are presented to you and you get an actual choice in participating in the ones you like. I was wrong. This game might as well be a kinetic novel since it pretty much forces you into playing/participating in fetishes you don't care about. If you refuse to participate in a fetish, it generally leads to a game over. One of the fun things about choices in a game is that they're meaningful and allow you to pursue content that you're a fan of, whether that be a character route or a fetish route. You don't want to lick period blood in this game? Well too bad, it's game over. So unless you have eclectic tastes, you might as well avoid this game.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

despot444

This is one of the games I thought started with "bang them all" style but I invested more I play the game. Story so far not exceptional, but intriguing if develop well, it could something else. Characters good. Not all one dimensional. Overall I suggest this one to my buddies.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

sinick

Excellent game, hits all sorts of marks and always keeps you on your toes. Good story and truly does have something for most anyone. you should check this out if you are looking for a great visual novel! Thanks!
  12. 2.00 star(s)

Andrew Espinoza

Imma be honest, it's not that the game is bad or that it has issues. Simply, there is not a compelling story for me to engage. The graphics are good, but the fact that everything revolves around a girl I do not find attractive enough and forces you to persue her, is a huge turnoff for me. I'd have loved it if I had the option, after the party, to persue any girl I liked (I swear Daisy is a fucking tease and is so hot).
  13. 2.00 star(s)

AnyName'llDo

I didn't make the party. Didn't feel like I was missing out by not attending. There is a competent story thread even if I didn't care for it. I didn't like any of the women in the game. Not recommended unless you're willing to say yes to just about anything.
  14. 3.00 star(s)

Minion_of_Luna

I really wanted to like this game more than I do.
    But sadly It seems as though my journey is going to end on day 7.
    Which kinda sucks considering how much time I put into playing it as far as I did.
    But it seems that according to the walk through and everything that I read that there is no feasible way for me to make it any farther than this point.
    Because It appears that all of the fetishes / scenes I refuse to do also happen to be the fetishes / scenes that I am or will be forced to do if I want to proceed any farther.
    As much as I liked what parts of this game I did like I am not going to pretend to like a certain thing in this or any game that I do not like in real life.
    Which means that it seems that day 7 is where I cut my losses and just accept that I won't be finishing this game.
    Which sucks because I liked the models, the story at least to me was something original and there was a multitude of options to choose from.
    The problem however being that the options that mattered were apparently the options I won't do.
    I guess in hindsight the fact that I initially got a game over screen for not having enough points for the party on day 3 should have been a red flag for me.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Anonymux

This VN is really amazing with a concise plot, stunning models and renders. I must say that it will make you yearn for more. In fact there is a plethora of text, with the possibility of shaping your own path, as there exist choices. It's up to you the way the mc progresses in his journey. As for the updates, they include lots of content and are available on a regualr basis. It's pure hardwork. Trust me, you will not be disappointed. Well hit the download and enjoy. ViNovella is an awesome game developer.
  16. 4.00 star(s)

ButtNut

This vn is criminally underrated. The fetishes have been relatively vanilla so far so it's definitely not too hardcore and I have no idea where the misconception that the mc doesn't really participate came from.

I find it lame that most reviews on this site are 5 stars 9/10 times while a good chunk of vn's don't deserve it. Imo, this vn is better than a lot of vn's with more reviews and higher averages (I'm not going to point fingers because I consider tearing something down to build something up to be pretty shitty).

There's also a Black Mirror esque twist about the dangers of social media and your user data that's really compelling (even if you have to suspend your disbelief a little) compared to the run of the mill plots most of these vn's have.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

KrystofDayne

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Revised Review on v0.09.12

Probably not gonna change my review again after this, I think the main things have been firmly established now.

So I wanted to revise a couple things after my last review because I think my expectations for this game might have been too high and some of its shortcomings led me to my ranty frustrated review (even though I still gave it 4 stars at the time).

I upped my rating now to 5 stars for a few reasons. But first of all, I want to say, that I think my previous criticisms still hold, but I might have focused a bit too much on them (see spoiler for more on this).

The main thing is, this is one of the games I have enjoyed most of all the ones I have ever tried. The story is intriguing, the animation is just amazing, the characters are deep and complex and interesting, and the range of different kinks and fetishes you can explore here is just not something I have ever seen done in any other game (at least not in such a good and positive way).

I also agree with other people who have pointed out, that even though it's kind of weird that you can fail to achieve a certain goal in a VN after which you get a 'Game Over' screen, you really do have to go out of your way to fail this. I too, only got there after I rejected every single kink just to see if you actually could fail, but that would never have occurred to me if I hadn't forced it.
    And honestly, if you do arrive at the 'Game Over' screen because you just didn't want to engage with any of the kinks, well then maybe the game should be over for you then; it's not called Fetish Locator for nothing, being into some kinky shit is sort of a prerequisite. It's like giving a shooter game a bad review because it requires you to use guns; you might not like using guns in your video game, you might even have ideological problems with it, but then you're not really engaging with the game on its own merit because guns just come with the genre.

So yeah, if you actually do want to explore your sexuality, want to experience some kinks you may not have known you have, while still enjoying an awesome VN with great storytelling, great animation and which seems to get better with every update (noticed some improvements in sound design in the last one), really do give this a try, it's amazing.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

KinkierThanThou

When I first played this game I was a little conflicted. The renders ticked all of my required boxes, the college setting is always nice to revisit, and the premise was intriguing. I thought it would be more of a dating app that let you hook up with like-minded people, with added challenges. Instead, it turned out to be the other way around.

Let's get this out of the way first. The story isn't the main draw here. Try to think of it more as a coathanger from which the Dev team hang plot elements. And if you have not played beyond a certain event in-game, you might even be tempted to think your MC is kind of a pussy. And by kind of, I mean NOT kind of.

But if you show a little perseverance and play beyond that, you will find much to reward you.

Let me be straight with you from the start (pun not intended) and say that I am pretty vanilla in my sex life. Yes, I have a foot fetish. Yes, I love anal play (done to my GF, not recipient). But as I grow older, I have become tolerant of more and more, even if my personal experiences are limited. Blame it on the internet, if you will. Blame it on a steady corrosion of my preconceptions. Blame it on a sign of the times...

Point is Me as I am now, is a lot more open to different experiences than the Me in his late teens or early twenties. 20 year old me would be disgusted at the idea of kissing a Transperson. 20 year old me would ridicule the perversity of pissing as a part of a sexual experience.

40+ year old me finds himself more and more curious. Perhaps not as an active participant, but at the very least as a spectator.

This game let's you satisfy that curiosity in a safe and inconsequential manner. This game lets YOU choose which fetishes to observe and indulge, by allowing the MC to do it for you. Which directions those fetishes will go and how far you are willing to take them, is up to YOU.

And if your curiosity is piqued, no matter which direction that curiosity will take you, there will be a chance to discuss that curiosity with like-minded people in a non-judgemental manner in the game's discussion thread.

It is why I give this game 5 stars for now and I am excited to see where this game will take me.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Chill-E

I gave this game 5/5 because of the great game play so far, as well as the awesome potential. My favorite part is the idea that it has some thing (or many somethings) for everyone. With the option to skip what you don't want to experience. Usually when I see a "Tag" that doesn't interest me, (ntr,rape), I pass the game by. But this game let's you enjoy it the way you want to so much better then many adult games can. Don't get me wrong I do not have any problems with other people enjoying there fetishes, and this game gives the extra bonus of helping to explain why these fetishes could be enjoyable. This helps some to be more open.

Keep up the great work and know you earned a new supporter.

And to those that may be scared to run into something you may not like to see, I encourage you to try this. Know that if you do not want something you can pass it by.
  20. 3.00 star(s)

MrFriendly

I'm unimpressed.

Cons: The game lets you choose to name the MC but then decides that you are fixated on a girl named Lydia (a character that is not very well rendered or at all interesting). It may be called "Fetish Locator" but if you aren't into the first few fetishes presented in the game then you can't earn points and the game ends. In my playthrough I was presented with 3 fetishes: cum play, cunnilingus, and feet. The only option for cunnilingus was a woman on her period and I am not into feet, so I failed to achieve enough points to go to a party thus ending the game. I don't see how they can claim that a fetish is "optional".

In another playthrough I went further (by choosing to do the things I wasn't into) and the MC has one moment with his unattractive crush and decides he doesn't need the app and he is promptly blackmailed into doing more and more bizarre fetish activity (once again I don't see how anything can be called "optional").

Pros: decent renders, room for improvement.