VN Ren'Py FF&S: Scenes That Didn't Happen [v2024.03] [Rich]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

BadmanBaxter

May 28, 2019
Thanks for that bit of support. For those that have missed it, portions of this story are slightly auto-biographical, and I do have a very soft spot for Becky as a result. Mea culpa.

Past that, however, there's something else I'll throw out. As you might imagine, I have a lot of time and energy invested in FF&S. (I've been at it for about 4.5 years.) Over that time, at least within my feeble brain, many of the characters have sort of taken on lives of their own, with their own individual personalities and natures. (I suspect other authors will understand what I mean - I'm told they experience the same thing.)

As a result of that, I have a hard time writing a scene in which a particular character "goes against their nature" as "their nature" has evolved in my brain. Melanie, for example, is a very "free spirit" when it comes to sex, so she has very few limits in terms of what she'll do. (Or who she'll do, as you just saw. :D ) Thus, it's pretty easy writing scenes for her. Ditto Becky's mother. (Granted, no scenes published for her yet, but there's one in the wings waiting to be rendered.) Some of the other combinations that have been mentioned, however, go very much "against the characters' grain" for me.

Take that "Becky and Carl" scene, for example. Who's going to "initiate" that particular sequence? Becky? She's conflicted enough that we're having enough trouble getting her over the hump with Parker, much less suddenly deciding to jump Carl's bones. Carl? He's a pretty stand-up guy, deep down. Would he suddenly go after his best friend's girl? (Particularly because he tried hard to dissuade Becky from having those photos taken out of concern for the two of them.)

When coming up with STDH scenes, I'm finding that I kind of mentally put my characters into "slightly alternate" situations and then almost stand back and watch the scene play out between them in my head. (FYI, the one scene with Becky that was in the first release of STDH was very hard for this reason, because it was rather against her nature, but I felt that I needed to have at least one Becky scene, "just because.")

So, I'm not saying that some of the scenes that have been requested couldn't be written, just that I myself would have a hard time writing them, at least right now while I haven't finished the main story. Maybe later on I'll be able to come up with "alternate personas" for some of the characters that would allow me to go where people want me to go. We'll see.

Anyway, hopefully all of you can at least follow what I'm talking about. I'm not saying that I might not eventually "get there," just trying to illustrate the issue I have at present with my limited writing ability.

Oh, and please understand that I do take the fact that many of you want to see these characters in other situations as a significant compliment, even if I'm struggling to fulfill your desires.
I get that for me personally it would just be for Becky to fall in to the trap. She does the photos with Carl to save Parker but obviously as with every other character the officers get her this time. I can totally understand why you might be reluctant to go this route as she is a lovely character but hopefully maybe 1 day in the future I might get the Becky saga in STDH

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes