First attempts with Daz Studio. Open to critiques.

Endomorphian

Dec 12, 2017
The first image looks good, it's better than 95% of the 3D games on this site already. Do you plan to add environments to the characters later? If you have a rendering time of 2 hours now then there will be (major) trouble up ahead.

As others also have mentioned, creating custum props is not a good idea. There is tons of well made props out there that will fit most scenarios you can imagine. Doing it yourself if very difficult and extremely time consuming. In general is would seem that you will need to team up with someone who can do some time managment for your project and keep you in line.

As others have mentioned the expression on the second character is not good. It makes the character look insane in a bad way. It's extremely common in 3D games for some reason to have expressions like this. The second render has a similar problem. It's hard to make some expressions look good in Daz, especially open mouth smiling. Anyway, if the character looks insane, tone the expression down or try something else.

Great start and good luck, if you can keep the production up to speed then I'm sure your game will be great.

slitherhence

Sep 24, 2017
The first image looks good, it's better than 95% of the 3D games on this site already. Do you plan to add environments to the characters later? If you have a rendering time of 2 hours now then there will be (major) trouble up ahead.

As others also have mentioned, creating custum props is not a good idea. There is tons of well made props out there that will fit most scenarios you can imagine. Doing it yourself if very difficult and extremely time consuming. In general is would seem that you will need to team up with someone who can do some time managment for your project and keep you in line.

As others have mentioned the expression on the second character is not good. It makes the character look insane in a bad way. It's extremely common in 3D games for some reason to have expressions like this. The second render has a similar problem. It's hard to make some expressions look good in Daz, especially open mouth smiling. Anyway, if the character looks insane, tone the expression down or try something else.

Great start and good luck, if you can keep the production up to speed then I'm sure your game will be great.
Hmm, I thought the expression on the second render was much better. I'll keep working on it though.

I will be adding environments when I use these in the game. However, my current render times are not indicative of where I will be by then. For starters, I currently have an ATI Radeon R9 390... which is completely unusable with the IRay renderer in Daz Studio. But, as I've mentioned, I have an GeForce RTX 2070 on the way. In fact, it shipped this morning. In the mean time my renders must be done on my aging 4-core Intel Core i7. I expect an order of magnitude improvement in render times once I start using the new nvidia card for rendering.

Additionally there is something up with that first render. Something is eating up render cycles... I suspect the hair or the skin (which is the default Victoria 8 skin). It has the exact same render settings and lighting as the second character. I'm probably going to replace the hair anyway with something setup specifically for dforce and i'll replace the skin in a heartbeat if that proves to be the issue. I'll be exporting these models to Unity and simply can't afford assets that are expensive to render (which is why I'm avoiding "HD" assets like the plague).

Lastly, and this is far from certain currently, but I'm planning to try using environments made for/in unity for daz studio renders... with customized lighting and possibly with a filter/shaders to hide the obvious low-quality of the environmental assets. This is mostly for consistency sake and to eliminate the need to create environments twice. I could go from daz to unity for the environments as well... but, as i said, I'm trying to keep the render costs low for the actual interactive portion of this. The good news there is the action in unity will be pretty mild... being that it's a somewhat FFT-style Tactical RPG. So I won't be asking for the unity render to make a lot of changes to the scene at once... should help things along performance wise.

slitherhence

Sep 24, 2017
Best of luck to you then.

This part might actually be fairly easy to acheive even if you base your eventual armour design on something that already exists: making polygons of an existing clothing mesh transparent (or deleted completely) is actually pretty easy and does not require retexturing etc.

and this final quote by Luderos... "You can do anything, but you can't do everything." ...

THAT'S GOLD JERRY!
Yeah I've seen a few I thought I could modify fairly easily if it came to it. But I'd still need to understand what I was doing for it to go well. And adding a demonic motif is really the easiest of all. Some embossed metal demon faces and maybe an embossed metal scene of a succubus getting plowed just attached to the surface somewhere.

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
  1. Marvelous Designer isn't free, unfortunately. And since this is a pirate site, I'll go ahead and admit I already looked into pirating it. I'll probably invest in that once (if) I'm making enough money to justify the expense. Or more likely I'll get ZBrush. For now Blender and I are going to be getting real well acquainted with each other... warts and all.
  2. See that bit about UV unwrapping is useful stuff. Now I know I should take time to understand UV unwrapping before I even start making the armor. Otherwise I'll probably have to scrap my work and start over when I get to that point.

Really this is likely to be the biggest part for me. Once I learn this part the rest should fall into place much quicker as I'll already have many of the fundamentals figured out.
  3. I'm actually looking forward to this part. I've always hated how clothing bends and stretches in unnatural ways when it's attached the the character's skeleton. That works fine for simple pants or shirts... but not so much for a dress or a cloak. But we have physics enabled cloth now... what a wonderful time to be alive, yeah?
  4. Lol. I'm probably already good on this one, actually. Needing refinement, for sure... but I got the concepts down. I'm already able to make textures by hand in Photoshop. And I don't mean just the base color/diffusion texture. I'm talking full PBR normal and specular maps as well. I'll need to adjust from the PBR format I'm used to to whatever Daz/Unity uses, but meh. That's less difficult than taking knowledge of an existing programming language and applying it to a new one. So I'm not super worried. "Eyes open", of course.
  5. Probably the hardest part for me because I hate tedium... and this sounds tedious as hell. But no pain no gain, right?
If you are looking into pirating model programs anyway I would advice looking into While not completely free (you need to buy a 1 month subscription on of the download sites) you can pretty much get every modelling program out there from there, from Marvelous designer to Zbrush, 3DSmax, Maya, substaince painter, mari, the whole adobe package, etc. As well a large amount of normally payed tutorials, payed addons for the programs, and a lot of payed 3D models.

Thats what i did a while ago. Just bought a 1 month subscription to RapidGator for 15 dollar, and installed every program I might want to use someday (I got 3DSmax, Maya, Substaince painter, and marvelous designer), some payed addons for Blender, downloaded some tutorials I might want to use at some point, and a ton of 3D models I might need at some point (i got like 100 couches just in case :p). If I ever will release a game and actually earn a bit of money I will for sure get the programs/some assets i'm using (some assets are extremely overpriced really), but as a start Pirating is completely fine.

Unwrapping isn't hard really. You just need to think where the seams on your model would naturaly be. Like for a shirt they are on the sides, for a face they start at the back of neck and go up to your forehead (Like a full face mask), and for armourplating they are mainly at the edges/sides. Unless you got a very complex model all consisting out of 1 'piece', UV-unwrapping isn't hard or timeconsuming.

You dont really texture 3D models using photoshop. While its fine for creating simple seamless textures for like a fence, a brickwall, or a plain shirt/dress, the second you are adding details/paterns or you got some complex model with specific material/painting (like a demon sci-fi armour) you will rip your eyes out if you try to make the texture for that in photoshop.

What you need is a 3D-paint program. The ones I know of are Substaince painter, Mari, Mudbox, and Zbrush (this one isn't exactly a 3D-paint program but its usable for it). I tried some of them and my advice would be to look into substaince painter. It's compared to the others fairly easy to understand and to set-up. While it doesn't have all the stuff the more professional ones like Mari has, you aren't really going to use 99% of whats missing.

As for creating a sci-fi demonic armour from scratch as your first model thats ambitious. Most people start with a . My advice would be to search in 3D model websites for a good base model. It doesn't have to be perfect or even look like anything you want at the end, but I personnaly always found it much easier to add/modify an excisting model then trying to make something from scratch, especially if its something complicated like an armour. Some sites you could look at are: Asset release section on here for DAZ models, and just import them into blender. which has a large amount of payed and free assets (click on downloadable to see more free assets), and for adult themed models (mainly ripped game characters). There are some more sides, but I personnaly use these 3 the most. Most other sites free models are pretty 'basic' and I doubt you will find a good looking armour on there.

Reactions: Luderos

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
If you look closely you'll see that the suggested technique is more than just using Gaussian blur. There's an additional step used to restore detail and I've used similar techniques before.
Yeah I've seen that, but it's still an inferior technique and unnecessary extra work compared to the denoizer.

I actually already have the nvidia ai denoiser. And soon I'll have an nvidia card it will work with (already bought, ships tomorrow).
Why not use intel denoizer? It's unbiased, so the card (or cpu) doesn't matter and the results are equally good.

I won't use it if I don't have to.
Very good attitude! A lot of people overuse it.

And it seems the consensus is that the renders above are more than good enough... even if I can't help but notice the noise in them.
I see that too, most people don't care for a bit noise though unless it's all over the place. As someone who is really picky about his renders I can tell you that you will never! get the perfect render.

Both of you suggest Marvelous Designer for making clothes. What do you guys think about using ZBrush instead?
I suggested it because it was mentioned before. Personally I use neither that or ZBrush and opposed to the general opinion I think ZBrush sux balls, but thats just me, personal bias you could say.
I do most of the stuff I create in Daz as long as it's something simple (which is entirely possible in Daz), for more complex stuff I use blender, but I'm far from being a pro, always have to have a tut open, so I won't be a big help there.

Also I'd recommend to have a look in this thread.

slitherhence

Sep 24, 2017
If you are looking into pirating model programs anyway I would advice looking into While not completely free (you need to buy a 1 month subscription on of the download sites) you can pretty much get every modelling program out there from there, from Marvelous designer to Zbrush, 3DSmax, Maya, substaince painter, mari, the whole adobe package, etc. As well a large amount of normally payed tutorials, payed addons for the programs, and a lot of payed 3D models.

Thats what i did a while ago. Just bought a 1 month subscription to RapidGator for 15 dollar, and installed every program I might want to use someday (I got 3DSmax, Maya, Substaince painter, and marvelous designer), some payed addons for Blender, downloaded some tutorials I might want to use at some point, and a ton of 3D models I might need at some point (i got like 100 couches just in case :p). If I ever will release a game and actually earn a bit of money I will for sure get the programs/some assets i'm using (some assets are extremely overpriced really), but as a start Pirating is completely fine.

Unwrapping isn't hard really. You just need to think where the seams on your model would naturaly be. Like for a shirt they are on the sides, for a face they start at the back of neck and go up to your forehead (Like a full face mask), and for armourplating they are mainly at the edges/sides. Unless you got a very complex model all consisting out of 1 'piece', UV-unwrapping isn't hard or timeconsuming.

You dont really texture 3D models using photoshop. While its fine for creating simple seamless textures for like a fence, a brickwall, or a plain shirt/dress, the second you are adding details/paterns or you got some complex model with specific material/painting (like a demon sci-fi armour) you will rip your eyes out if you try to make the texture for that in photoshop.

What you need is a 3D-paint program. The ones I know of are Substaince painter, Mari, Mudbox, and Zbrush (this one isn't exactly a 3D-paint program but its usable for it). I tried some of them and my advice would be to look into substaince painter. It's compared to the others fairly easy to understand and to set-up. While it doesn't have all the stuff the more professional ones like Mari has, you aren't really going to use 99% of whats missing.

As for creating a sci-fi demonic armour from scratch as your first model thats ambitious. Most people start with a . My advice would be to search in 3D model websites for a good base model. It doesn't have to be perfect or even look like anything you want at the end, but I personnaly always found it much easier to add/modify an excisting model then trying to make something from scratch, especially if its something complicated like an armour. Some sites you could look at are: Asset release section on here for DAZ models, and just import them into blender. which has a large amount of payed and free assets (click on downloadable to see more free assets), and for adult themed models (mainly ripped game characters). There are some more sides, but I personnaly use these 3 the most. Most other sites free models are pretty 'basic' and I doubt you will find a good looking armour on there.
Thanks for the tips. Very Very useful info.

And yeah, I get what you're saying about Photoshop. Though I'd point out that when you are working from an existing texture as a template (as I almost always have been) you can do a lot with Photoshop. My point was mostly that I don't have so much to learn about how textures actually work. I'd just need to learn a new set of tools for making them.

Also not planning to jump straight to the armor. I was thinking of making a wooden practice sword first. Then try to make a curved katana next (and a straight katana along the way). But the armor will likely be the first one I use. It's the destination for that part of the journey.

Yeah I've seen that, but it's still an inferior technique and unnecessary extra work compared to the denoizer.
Fair.

Why not use intel denoizer? It's unbiased, so the card (or cpu) doesn't matter and the results are equally good.
Mostly cause I already have the nvidia card on the way (delivery scheduled for two days from now). And these are mostly test renders and character designs rather than production renders. I guess I just figured why not wait till I get the card and used the nvidia denoiser from the start.

I see that too, most people don't care for a bit noise though unless it's all over the place. As someone who is really picky about his renders I can tell you that you will never! get the perfect render.
Obviously! :LOL: 95% convergence seems to be doing the job so far. Also there's that whole "making perfection the enemy of good" thing. Currently rendering out one of the demon characters and I'm quite unhappy with the way her top magically dips into her cleavage in a way no cloth could ever do. But the rest of the effect is super sexy and I think it would be a lot of work to fix... so I'll deal with it.

I suggested it because it was mentioned before. Personally I use neither that or ZBrush and opposed to the general opinion I think ZBrush sux balls, but thats just me, personal bias you could say.
I do most of the stuff I create in Daz as long as it's something simple (which is entirely possible in Daz), for more complex stuff I use blender, but I'm far from being a pro, always have to have a tut open, so I won't be a big help there.
Don't sell yourself short. I've been coding for two and a half decades now and I still have to reference API docs for even the most common stuff constantly. Just not enough room in my noggin for all the intricacies and details. And personal biases usually start with personal experiences when it comes to software... so it's worth considering.

Also I'd recommend to have a look in this thread.
Oh wow, book marked... definitely. Thanx.

Last edited:
Reactions: recreation

slitherhence

Sep 24, 2017
Speaking of...

Lady Azkara.png

Meet Lady Azkara... High Lord of the 1st Fleet, overseer of the 2321st cycle, and all around evil bitch.

Like I said, not super happy with the top dipping into her cleavage like that. And I noticed some clipping from her right breast when the render was already almost done. But I'm really happy with the rest.

Oh and yes, her nipples are supposed to be poking through like that. It's intentional. In a perfect world I'd go into blender and put a hem around the nipple "holes" to make it explicitly clear. But that's too much work for not enough gain.

At least in my opinion. What do y'all think? Dem hips! Amiright?

Last edited:

slitherhence

Sep 24, 2017
You know what the difference between this render and the one above is (other than the tail?)?

Lady Azkara.png
The render before this one took 2 hours. This one took 10 minutes.

Oh... and my new RTX 2070 arrived a day early. :cool:

Reactions: Endomorphian

slitherhence

Sep 24, 2017
Well the RTX 2070 has made a lot of difference, no question there... fuck you nvidia. Still running into a few stumbling blocks. Seeing as we have some rather staunch anti-make-your-own-assets people in here... let's talk tails.

I've been trying to source a decent succubus/incubus tail. The best I've come up with so far is that grotesque thing behind Lady Azkara in the last post. Taken from CC Circe. Very not sexy. There are succubus tails out there that would work for me... unfortunately they are either Genesis 3 / only or are, apparently, not very popular. I've tried to make the Genesis 3 Tails work but converting them destroys the tail bones, and not converting them means they don't move with the body. And I've got to start being much more frugal with the assets I buy at this point... given that I still need environment assets for Unity and I just bought a freaking RTX 2070 (again, fuck you nvidia... anti-competitive assholes).

So I see three options.
  1. Spend money I really can't spare to get tails for male and female.
  2. Hold my breath and hope more of ChangelingChick's demon assets turn up.
  3. Find some way to modify the G3F/G3M demon tails to work.
Oh dear... I can hear the angry typing already. Cause it's gonna be #3 unless someone has a lead on some sexy demon tails for G8F and G8M. (hint hint) Time to learn rigging...

Honestly, if I already knew how, in the time I have spent looking for a usable tail I could have made one from scratch by now. It's a freaking tube with a spade on the end... plus rigging.

In the meantime... tailless, glowing succubi for the win:
Doxy 2.png
Meet Dr Ixytheris, aka "Doxy". The first gladitor of the current cycle to achieve Damnation and the one held responsible for the severity of the cloak-and-dagger aspects of the Arena in this cycle. Once a halfling priestess in the House of Light Doxy is a poor fighter and tactician. Doxy instead turned to her knowledge of herbs and healing magic to ensure the loyalty of strong fighters and to kill any who were too strong to control before she ever had to face them in the fighting ring. Her time as a gladiator serves as a pointed lesson that any who hope to earn Damnation must be prepared to fight and kill both in and out of the ring... and no place in the Arena is ever safe. Since becoming Damned Dr Ixytheris has worked as head of the Arena's infirmary effectively putting an end to poison as a viable method of eliminating opponents. She's also availed herself quite heavily of the advanced magitech now at her disposal to modify to herself into her own (now corrupted) vision of the ideal form.

I've improved on my eye, mouth, nipple, and pussy glows by using displacement maps as glowmaps for the luminance and emission color surface properties (or making my own glowmaps when needed). Oh and Lady Azkara has a cybernetically enhanced spine too... it's just not visible in her images. How else could 'cubi women live with their enormous racks? :LOL:

Some problem areas though:

1597614822065.png
This spot ballooned my render time to 2.5 hours even with the RTX 2070. If I was between updates and such I probably would have stopped it at 30 minutes and downsampled to average the noise out. It still doesn't look great here but it looked much worse at 30 minutes. Call this an experiment in seeing how much better it can get with a full render. Also, forewarning about the dangers of dark colors/shadows in renders.

1597615317853.png
Oh my! And here it is after being run through the nvidia denoiser. So, perhaps, I should simply render these at the desired resolution and then use the denoiser on them afterwards. Hmmm...

1597615486267.png
This is a more serious problem. And I'm not completely sure what I'm looking at here. I mean, obviously, the chain has deformed during dforce simulation... but why? These body chains aren't the highest quality assets (I converted the metal rings to subd to get rid of the worst of the obvious geometry) but this deforming after the dforce simulation has me scratching my head. It looks kinda like the mesh is trying to explode... but not quite. Not sure what to do about it. Especially since this is a static asset and shouldn't be simulated by dforce at all. It's front and center though... so it's really hard not to notice.

1597616138386.png
This, however, is the worst problem by far. Why? Well, this is the same "frame" as the finished render but from a different angle. Here it is one second later:
1597616193402.png

Mesh-splosion! This has been an ongoing issue with this pose and this outfit. Not 100% sure what needs to be done to resolve it. I already bumped up the "Frames Per Second (FPS) Modifier" to 10 in the simulation settings... which helped a lot. And I've already repositioned her arm so the inside of her elbow isn't clamping down on that mesh quite so hard... which also helped a lot. Thing is... I've got the timeline setup so the meshes and models are all in their final position by the 15th second... giving 25 more seconds (40 total) for everything to settle down. The mesh-splosion happens at 25 seconds... soooo... what's causing it then? A run away number already adding up towards an overflow but not quite reaching it till after the posing is finished... or perhaps coming so close as the posing finishes that it gets the final tiny push it needs to overflow while the fabric is coming completely to rest?

Oh, and in case it isn't clear, I'm using the timeline simulation to start from a "t-pose" where I can make sure none of the meshes intersect and then having the character moved into the final pose over 15 seconds. Also to more accurately simulate where the cloth would fall. And I scale up parts of the outfit that are clipping then have them shrink to fit over the first 5 seconds. It all works quite well I think... 'sept that mesh-splosion thing. I managed to get a workable render out of it, after all.

Last edited:

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
I'm not a big DAZ user so unfortunately can't help you with all the latter parts, but for the tail;

Cant you just export the model from Genesis 3 to Blender, remove everything except the tail, and import it back. Create the bones for the tail in DAZ, and reaplly the material for the tail, line up the tail with your character and parent it to the hip bone or something? So the tail follows the hipbone, and has its own bones for moving the tail itself. Not entirely sure if all that is possible in DAZ (as again not a big DAZ user), but thats how I would try it and how it works in every single other 3D program.

As for not creating your own assets, we haven't really said you shouldn't, hell I would actually like to see a game with completely different models then 99% of the stuff on here, we just said it's a lot more time consuming and harder than you would initially think. Especially if you don't have any pre knowledge or experience if 3D-modelling.

slitherhence

Sep 24, 2017
I'm not a big DAZ user so unfortunately can't help you with all the latter parts, but for the tail;

Cant you just export the model from Genesis 3 to Blender, remove everything except the tail, and import it back. Create the bones for the tail in DAZ, and reaplly the material for the tail, line up the tail with your character and parent it to the hip bone or something? So the tail follows the hipbone, and has its own bones for moving the tail itself. Not entirely sure if all that is possible in DAZ (as again not a big DAZ user), but thats how I would try it and how it works in every single other 3D program.

As for not creating your own assets, we haven't really said you shouldn't, hell I would actually like to see a game with completely different models then 99% of the stuff on here, we just said it's a lot more time consuming and harder than you would initially think. Especially if you don't have any pre knowledge or experience if 3D-modelling.
I actually find the assumption that I assume it to be easy to be somewhat insulting. Even if, intellectually, I know most people do make the mistake of assuming such things are easy and assuming someone assumes it will be easy is a reasonable assumption to make. If anything what has been said so far has made it seem easier than I initially feared. But, yeah, it's not the implication that I can't do it... it's the implication that I assume it to be easy that kinda annoys me. "HOW DARE YOU ASSUME I'M A HUMAN BEING!" lol... ::shrug:: I'm weird... this is known to me.

As for the tail, i believe Daz Studio actually has tools for rigging built in. My project for today is to learn them. I can convert the tails from G3 to G8 in Daz (which, from observation, deletes the tail bones and replaces the G3 hip, pelvis, & thigh bones in the tail rigging with the G8 bones... so that part is already done) and then re-add the tail bones myself. Of course, I presume slight differences in my tail bones and the original tail bones means posing presets I might have wanted to use on the tails will no longer work. C'est la vie. I'll just have to build up a library of my own pose presets. Not like there were a lot of pose presets for the G3 demons tails already.

Also "parent it to the hip bone". "Parenting" eh? That's what it's called? That will make looking up how to do it much easier. I've needed to re-attach wearables to base models a few times now.

Last edited:

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
These tails are cheaper, though only for G3:

If you've got the enthusiasm and time to have a go modelling it yourself:
  • a tail's geometry is one of the simplest possible projects you could take on.
  • Adding "bones" to allow posing will also be possible and I remember seeing a tutorial on that process.
  • Next is getting it to "attach" to your model via a technique called "geografting", which is the method used by the various genital add-ons. This is something i've not attempted myself, but a quick google returned this:
  • Skinning/texturing etc. would be similar to any other 3d object and probably simpler due to the simple geometry.

Reactions: slitherhence

slitherhence

Sep 24, 2017
These tails are cheaper, though only for G3:

If you've got the enthusiasm and time to have a go modelling it yourself:
  • a tail's geometry is one of the simplest possible projects you could take on.
  • Adding "bones" to allow posing will also be possible and I remember seeing a tutorial on that process.
  • Next is getting it to "attach" to your model via a technique called "geografting", which is the method used by the various genital add-ons. This is something i've not attempted myself, but a quick google returned this:
  • Skinning/texturing etc. would be similar to any other 3d object and probably simpler due to the simple geometry.
Very useful info, thank you!

slitherhence

Sep 24, 2017
Welcome to the RTX 2070 club. Just to let you know, you're going to want a Titan in about 2 weeks.
lol, I'll manage. I was satisfied with my Radeon R9 390 before. The RTX 2070 is a big step up from that. Already enjoying the improved shaders in Minecraft and higher frame rates in WarThunder. Should probably go back and play through Doom Eternal again just to put the card through it's paces. But yeah... there's always more you could do if only... :p

In other news. First attempts at a succubus tail in tail in blender... rough draft.
1597703974739.png

I think that's not too shabby for the very first thing I've ever made in a 3d modeling program. Obviously there's room for improvement. And plenty of gotchas that got me and left me redoing bits. But I think I can call the base of the tail "good enough... for now." The tutorial linked by osanaiko was very helpful. Now I just need to put a spade on the end and split the tail itself up into segments... bring it back in on into daz and rig it. I actually like this a lot better than the other demon tails I've seen... it makes it look like the tail actually might be an extension of the spine like it should be instead of some random tumorous growth on their ass.

And yet... lordshimra has valiantly come to my rescue by providing the assets I was missing over on the asset requests forum. So... hmmm... I may put this on the shelf and work with those tails for now. Come back to this if and when I can spare the time. Then again... i really do think the way this one connects to the body is better... and I had some ideas for the spade. Ah well...

Last edited:
Reactions: osanaiko

Endomorphian

Dec 12, 2017
In porn games it might be worth to relax just a little. A little noise here or there or some minor detail is not going to matter very much and there are countless of games that prove this. And there is a lot more to it that making the art, so speed of production is also very important. We see way to many games just die out or have horrendous developing times.

slitherhence

Sep 24, 2017
In porn games it might be worth to relax just a little. A little noise here or there or some minor detail is not going to matter very much and there are countless of games that prove this. And there is a lot more to it that making the art, so speed of production is also very important. We see way to many games just die out or have horrendous developing times.
Yup, I can see that. My plan is to limit render times to thirty minutes once I'm doing this for real and use the nvidia denoiser to clean the renders up. I'm also hoping to set up something so I can queue up renders and run them when I'm away from the computer, saving my free hours purely for creating story scenes and crafting vicious combat scenarios :devilish:.

I've also been working on creating an outline for the story and implementing the needed systems in Unity. I haven't shared much of the former 'cause spoilers :p. And I haven't shared the latter 'cause there isn't much to show yet. I hope to have enough of the work in Unity done for a simple demo before Christmas... but we will see. Right now my main focus where Daz is concerned is on sounding out it's capabilities and learning the techniques and work flows I'll be using in production.