VN Ren'Py Completed First Snow [Final] [Salty Salty Studios]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
1623765447755.png

Overview:
Having moved away from her friends and family to attend community college, Allison Merlo is a fresh student struggling with the day to day challenges of life.​

Thread Updated: 2021-06-15
Release Date: 2020-08-15
Developer: Salty Salty Studios - - - - -
Publisher: Studio Élan
Censored: No Sexual Content
Version: Final
Language: English
Store:
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - - - - -
18+Patch: - - - -

Extras:
SOUNDTRACK
Thanks Wolf Plays™ for sharing the game

1623766196152.png 1623766203764.png 1623766210798.png 1623766236883.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 23, 2021
The game is on VNDB

reviews say there's a H-scene: " it’s even got a short, sweet H-scene that’s actually pleasant to read for once. "

Also, on VNDB they claim there's an 18+ patch, with the description " No optical censoring (e.g. mosaics) ".
The games official website has a download link for that 18+ patch here [firstsnow.salty-salty-studios.com/h.html] with the explanation: "The Steam distribution of First Snow ships without 18+ content due to platform content policies. The above patch will re-add this content to the game."

Last edited:

Lunarius

Dec 30, 2018
oh, notable: ( )
"An engaging girls' love romance story by Suriko, a writer of the visual novel Katawa Shoujo!"
Granted I have not played Katawa Shoujo, but I know it is highly regarded.
Katawa Shoujo is well-known, and AFAIK it's one of the earliest originally English-language visual novels that really made a splash - but opinions on it are... divided.

I used to lurk at the Katawa Shoujo forums. The production of that VN was a clusterfuck. There was so much drama between pretty much everyone who was involved with it, and several artists and writers left because of it (though IIRC Suriko is one of the writers who was there more or less from the beginning). That's why there were several years between the release of Act 1 (i.e. the demo) and the final version.

Granted, they did manage to finish the game eventually. But especially if you compare routes, the writing is so disjointed that you can tell right away that there were multiple writers who did not get along.

But Katawa Shoujo still has a huge fanbase, though. And the routes that Suriko wrote are generally considered to be good. (IMHO the final third of Lily's route was a slog with lots of wasted potential - but that's just my 2 cents)

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
Please explain how to apply the 18+ patch? It dosent replace anyhting when i extract it to folder and idk what directory it needs to be in to work.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Please explain how to apply the 18+ patch? It dosent replace anyhting when i extract it to folder and idk what directory it needs to be in to work.
Drop it into First Snow\game. So, go into where the game is installed, open up the folder marked game and drag the dlc_h.rpa file into it.

Untitled.jpg

Untitle1d.jpg

Don't forget to activate it in the Options.

Reactions: Sheerley and Nerro

Yoru

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2017
Looks like a very nice game.
Without having played it yet I can already feel Katawa Shoujo vibes.

Yuno-Chan

Feb 21, 2018
Is it just me or does Steam seem very biased towards developers/publishers of H games? Because there are still games like this on steam which require you to go to a third party site to unlock the 18+ content but, then you have kagura which you used to have to do that with their games now being able to sell on steam with no patches required... On top of that you have Illusion games on steam which even if certain parts are censored the premise of it is nothing but 18+ content.... So I gotta wonder how much money does steam get from these company's to bypass the rules they enforce on other developers like this one.....

Last edited:

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Is it just me or does Steam seem very biased towards developers/publishers of H games? Because there are still games like this on steam which require you to go to a third party site to unlock the 18+ content but, then you have kagura which you used to have to do that with their games now being able to sell on steam with no patches required... On top of that you have Illusion games on steam which even if certain parts are censored the premise of it is nothing but 18+ content.... So I gotta wonder how much money does steam get from these company's to bypass the rules they enforce on other developers like this one.....
Wrong. There are many H games on Steam and only a few require you to go to the dev's site to get the patch. Especially when it's an addon DLC. It is solely on the dev, not Steam.

Yuno-Chan

Feb 21, 2018
Wrong. There are many H games on Steam and only a few require you to go to the dev's site to get the patch. Especially when it's an addon DLC. It is solely on the dev, not Steam.
You clearly haven't spoken to many dev's before. I've supported and done QA work for some before and for one of them he said that steam told him, in order for him to put his work on steam he would have to censor the character's school clothing in order to sell it on steam.... Looks at all the other H-game dev's on steam that don't have to do that requirement -_-.... Kozue's Strange Journey, and Koikatsu party, etc. If that is one of their hard requirements for being able to sell on steam then why is it ok for the 2 major publishers of those games to put them on steam with those outfits but not small time developers? Also have you never heard of steam deleting the posts from Dev's telling people who got their games to be able to get the decensor patches for free? Seriously? kagura had that issue with the games they published on steam initially for almost every single one but for a long time now they haven't had that issue at all.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
You clearly haven't spoken to many dev's before. I've supported and done QA work for some before and for one of them he said that steam told him, in order for him to put his work on steam he would have to censor the character's school clothing in order to sell it on steam.... Looks at all the other H-game dev's on steam that don't have to do that requirement -_-.... Kozue's Strange Journey, and Koikatsu party, etc. If that is one of their hard requirements for being able to sell on steam then why is it ok for the 2 major publishers of those games to put them on steam with those outfits but not small time developers? Also have you never heard of steam deleting the posts from Dev's telling people who got their games to be able to get the decensor patches for free? Seriously? kagura had that issue with the games they published on steam initially for almost every single one but for a long time now they haven't had that issue at all.
Ahahahaha Why don't you actually verify your info before speaking? I know a lot of devs. I support a few and I am also a dev. So, yeah. Maybe it's games like this that have issues. I don't know. But, 90% of the devs I know, haven't had any issues.

Edit:
Also, there are even incest games on Steam. They literally don't care. Maybe the person you are talking about has had those issues. Maybe they are singling him out for some reason. I'm not going to call him a liar about it. But, in my experience and the games that I personally am involved in, and other devs that I have talked to, had no issues. They pay the fee to get it on Steam and set the release dates and they're golden.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 2 Votes