dzaikor

Nov 26, 2019
I haven't yet figured out if reading a post with the entitled tone of someone who didn't get their second cup of ranch dressing they ordered at Olive Garden for a product that is free is something I find more amusing or bewildering.

The walkthrough is something I (begrudgingly) update and maintain myself. It's a time consuming process and by far my least favorite aspect of developing this game, especially when it needs to be revised after every single update. When I first made the game public, the idea of providing an up-to-date walkthrough myself would have seemed preposterous because there's an in-game hint system and the game text has important clues in it.

The walkthrough is something I NOW do because I understand and acknowledge that there's a playstyle where people click past all the text, missing important clues and never, ever open up the quest journal. I have to cater to that playstyle because the alternative is complaints that the game is too hard.

Here's something to try: Open up the quest journal and go to Meredith's page and see if any of the objectives give you some insight on how to get back on track. Before the next update, I'll take a look at the walkthrough and fix any issues I find.
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound rude, but the problem is I follow the walkthrough as its written and I still keep on getting stuck even if I do everything right, and the reason why I want to follow the walkthrough is because I want to see all the scenes and read all the story without missing anything, not the only way around.
As someone else said, if I didn't care about the story and just watch all the scenes, I would just unlock the gallery and ignore the storry all together

Reactions: JorogrArt

Radon671

Feb 4, 2022
Brooke and Charlotte will be the first ones to have an anal scene. Meredith will probably eventually have one as well. Anal for other characters will probably have to wait for the 2.0 version of the game.
Did i get the right vibe what Brooke is submissive whore deep inside? Are u planning light BDSM with her(rope, latex)?

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
Did i get the right vibe what Brooke is submissive whore deep inside? Are u planning light BDSM with her(rope, latex)?
I don't know if I would say Brooke is submissive per se. Maybe she is. I view Brooke's story arc as a tug of war over dominance for sure. She will relentlessly bust your balls if you let her.

I'll be frank, Brooke's story I've (specifically) written to cater to the fantasy of dealing with alpha/beta in terms of expressed masculinity. This is the ONLY story that will be like this, so Brooke is like the ultimate PUA waifu. (Although there is a twist in her story that has been foreshadowed)

Let me put it this way. This game takes place around 1985. I don't want MC to be writing Fight Test by The Flaming Lips in 2005...

As far as light BDSM, I don't have specific plans for that, but I won't rule it out. Most girls in the game have some kind of planned kink for you to discover and Brooke's are exhibitionism, voyeurism, public sex, humiliation, that kind of thing.

Good game but so slow development
Sure. This is not a secret.

So that I don't have to restate this every three pages, I feel like I should put "Five of a Kind is basically a one-man show that I work on tirelessly in my spare time and therefore won't be developed at the pace that other games are made. Five of a Kind is free to play for all and if you want to throw me a few bucks to support my work, tier prices range from $1-$5. Batteries not included."

Hi Jorogr. Will there be an update before the end of this month or should we wait for July?
It won't be right at the end of the month. I'm looking at releasing what I have in Early July. We'll see how testing goes.

how long until 2.0
0.3.6 should be the next update, so do your math…
So, I haven't talked much about this on this forum, but I'll give some thoughts here.

IMO, for every game that's in development, the dev should have a prepared answer for what it looks like when the game is "done."

If you ask ME that question (no one on here has yet), I would say Five of a Kind 1.0 is finished when:
  1. All of the main and side characters' quest lines and stories are complete (Meredith, Brooke, Charlotte, Irene, Nicole, Andrea, Jasmine, Lucy)
  2. All of the main and side characters have at least one vaginal sex scene that is obtainable through the actual story (bonus scenes don't count if you only access them through the Spank Bank).
  3. There are no Under Construction Banners remaining in the game.
By this standard, Lucy is already "complete" and Aunt Charlotte will be complete later this year.

As far as when, I have no idea. When it's done.

Last edited:

bakasto

Apr 22, 2017
So that I don't have to restate this every three pages, I feel like I should put "Five of a Kind is basically a one-man show that I work on tirelessly in my spare time and therefore won't be developed at the pace that other games are made."
Even if you renamed your game to exactly that, some people here would still keep asking the same thing lol

I also don't know what people are expecting. Pretty much every 2D game, even with bigger dev teams, takes quite some time to update because it's more work than most 3D games.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JorogrArt
4.40 star(s) 88 Votes