asko06

Feb 25, 2021
Happy New Year Guys

Five of a Kind v0.3.2.1 [Winter Update, HOTFIX]

PC (x64):

MacOS:

Notes * This is a short, seasonal update for Christmas 2022. It will contain a couple of new Christmas-themed quests with some minor, unlockable erotic content. * This update will NOT require restarting. Your saved games should work if they were created with any update AFTER v0.2.3. * Due to the contracted development time, there will NOT be any new Spank Bank scenes in this update. There is one new solo scene with Meredith, but it doesn't rise to the level of a Spank Bank scene. * If you somehow have v0.3.2, get this version as it hotfixes a game-breaking bug.

Winter Event * The game will detect the time/date from the current computer and set a variable in the game for certain "holidays." Christmas will be assigned if the current month is December upon either a) starting a new game, b) loading from a save game. * The Fortune Teller at the arcade supports an "I wish it were Christmas" option from his dialogue tree. If you accept his proposition, he will give you a "Christmas Gem", which will force the game to act as if it were Christmas while it is in your inventory, ignoring the system date/time. This of course gives players a way to activate the Winter Event if they discover the update on Jan. 1, for example. * Snowfall visible in all outdoor locations and visible through window in indoor locations. * A couple of new Christmas-themed quests. * A new outfit for Meredith. (She will only wear it in certain locations)

Gameplay Improvements/Features * Aspect ratio will now be fixed to 16:9, putting black bars on the sides when necessary. * Increased Meredith's walking speed.

Bug Fixes * Fixed a bug where Meredith's Good Vibrations Perk wouldn't activate if you had finished the Blowjob scene. * Fixed a nasty bug where the Scroll Up/Scroll Down arrows in the Inventory Box wouldn't scroll, limiting you to only being able to view the first 20 items you had. * Rename “Demerits” to “Offenses.” Some people have complained that this term has negative connotations. * Fixed a nasty bug where you could be locked out of traveling anywhere from Aunt Irene's house. The map would be grayed out and say "You must be outdoors." * Fixed several misattributed lines when Dirty Talking with Lucy where her lines are mistakenly spoken by MC. * Fixed a bug where Living Room Christmas Tree hotspot wasn't activating. * Fixed a bug where Meredith's solo "Good Vibrations" scene wasn't switching to the faster animation when it got to the intense part

madmike2000

Dec 14, 2019
Happy New Year Guys

Five of a Kind v0.3.2.1 [Winter Update, HOTFIX]

PC (x64): Mega

MacOS: Mega

Notes * This is a short, seasonal update for Christmas 2022. It will contain a couple of new Christmas-themed quests with some minor, unlockable erotic content. * This update will NOT require restarting. Your saved games should work if they were created with any update AFTER v0.2.3. * Due to the contracted development time, there will NOT be any new Spank Bank scenes in this update. There is one new solo scene with Meredith, but it doesn't rise to the level of a Spank Bank scene. * If you somehow have v0.3.2, get this version as it hotfixes a game-breaking bug.

Winter Event * The game will detect the time/date from the current computer and set a variable in the game for certain "holidays." Christmas will be assigned if the current month is December upon either a) starting a new game, b) loading from a save game. * The Fortune Teller at the arcade supports an "I wish it were Christmas" option from his dialogue tree. If you accept his proposition, he will give you a "Christmas Gem", which will force the game to act as if it were Christmas while it is in your inventory, ignoring the system date/time. This of course gives players a way to activate the Winter Event if they discover the update on Jan. 1, for example. * Snowfall visible in all outdoor locations and visible through window in indoor locations. * A couple of new Christmas-themed quests. * A new outfit for Meredith. (She will only wear it in certain locations)

Gameplay Improvements/Features * Aspect ratio will now be fixed to 16:9, putting black bars on the sides when necessary. * Increased Meredith's walking speed.

Bug Fixes * Fixed a bug where Meredith's Good Vibrations Perk wouldn't activate if you had finished the Blowjob scene. * Fixed a nasty bug where the Scroll Up/Scroll Down arrows in the Inventory Box wouldn't scroll, limiting you to only being able to view the first 20 items you had. * Rename “Demerits” to “Offenses.” Some people have complained that this term has negative connotations. * Fixed a nasty bug where you could be locked out of traveling anywhere from Aunt Irene's house. The map would be grayed out and say "You must be outdoors." * Fixed several misattributed lines when Dirty Talking with Lucy where her lines are mistakenly spoken by MC. * Fixed a bug where Living Room Christmas Tree hotspot wasn't activating. * Fixed a bug where Meredith's solo "Good Vibrations" scene wasn't switching to the faster animation when it got to the intense part
Thanks for the great game but for some reason with this PC Update I am unable to exit the scenes in which I for example talk with Meredith or Jenna. I just get stuck in the scene and I can't progress. Is this known bug?

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
Thanks for the great game but for some reason with this PC Update I am unable to exit the scenes in which I for example talk with Meredith or Jenna. I just get stuck in the scene and I can't progress. Is this known bug?
No, not being able to exit Meredith's scene is not something I'm aware of. I wonder if it's an aspect ratio thing. What resolution are you playing at?

zWindows

May 30, 2019
No, not being able to exit Meredith's scene is not something I'm aware of. I wonder if it's an aspect ratio thing. What resolution are you playing at?
Hello DEV, and an honor to talk to you; I'm trying to translate your game with a tool called XUnity.AutoTranslator-ReiPatcher. It works in 99% of games with the UNITY engine, but for some reason it doesn't work in your game.

Could you answer me why?

Another question; Do you have future plans to release the game in other languages?
Thanks!

Reactions: JorogrArt

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
Hello DEV, and an honor to talk to you; I'm trying to translate your game with a tool called XUnity.AutoTranslator-ReiPatcher. It works in 99% of games with the UNITY engine, but for some reason it doesn't work in your game.

Could you answer me why?

Another question; Do you have future plans to release the game in other languages?
Thanks!
Hello! I'm not 100% sure, but I would imagine it has to do with the fact that most of the game's logic is done with the Adventure Creator plugin and that's probably where 99% of the strings are stored. The other 1% of strings I have hard-coded in C# scripts which handle the quest journal hints (bad programming practice on my part).

I, of course, would love for folks to be able to play the game in their native language, but it's not something I foresee doing until the game is complete. Ideally, I would want official translations to be able to try and make sense out of the various jokes and idioms that the game's dialogue uses. Like, just off the top of my head, I don't know how one would translate the dialogue for Lucy (ghost girl) or Scott (MC's friend) and have a lot of the dialogue make sense in another language, since both characters have oddities in the way that they speak.

Being an American who is not fluent in any language other than English, I wouldn't be able to make the determination of whether a specific translation was well done or not, so my preference for the near term would be to find a way to fashion the game so that the game's strings are packed into the game files in a way that lends itself to having volunteers make fan translations.

• Red Heart
Reactions: zWindows

gentlemanclub

Jul 25, 2020
I play at 1080p (1920 x1080) and can confirm that we can't see the exit button. I fired up the older version and played at the same resolution. It doesn't look like it's there. But after clicking around the location where exit button is, I was able to exit scene. So I guess it's there just not visible?

Anyways, thank you for this update. Merry Christmas.

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
So there arent any new scenes that are worthwhile?
Depends on your definition of "scene" and your definition of "worthwhile." There are no new SEX scenes, so if that's what you're after then the answer is no. The finale of this small update (which I've had a month and change to work on) is a voyeur scene where you can see Meredith using a vibrator through her bedroom door keyhole.

You won't hurt my feelings if based on that you decide to skip this update and wait for the next one. The last thing I want is for someone to download and play an update that contains content that they are not interested in, especially since I know other games have probably also released holiday content.

I play at 1080p (1920 x1080) and can confirm that we can't see the exit button. I fired up the older version and played at the same resolution. It doesn't look like it's there. But after clicking around the location where exit button is, I was able to exit scene. So I guess it's there just not visible?

Anyways, thank you for this update. Merry Christmas.
Dammit... 1920x1080 is a common resolution. I will have to fix that. Thank you, and Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you!

Cheers!

Last edited:

wrs_supernova

May 22, 2020
So... my save is gone.
The one I do manually.
There's only one autosave that did regress a lot on the story (I completed Brooke, Aunt, and Meredith path on the last update. Now only Meredith progress is there).
There was any change to the update system with this build? (which could cause a file to be 'ignored'?)
I also checked the "gallery" and aunt and Brooke scenes are still there, so I really don't know what happened

JorogrArt

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
So... my save is gone.
The one I do manually.
There's only one autosave that did regress a lot on the story (I completed Brooke, Aunt, and Meredith path on the last update. Now only Meredith progress is there).
There was any change to the update system with this build? (which could cause a file to be 'ignored'?)
I also checked the "gallery" and aunt and Brooke scenes are still there, so I really don't know what happened
No. There wasn't anything changed that would cause old saves to disappear (as far as I know). On Windows, save games are stored in C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\LocalLow\Something Something Studios\Five of a Kind.

Did you make any changes to your system user account or log in as a different user?

Reactions: wrs_supernova

wrs_supernova

May 22, 2020
No. There wasn't anything changed that would cause old saves to disappear (as far as I know). On Windows, save games are stored in C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\LocalLow\Something Something Studios\Five of a Kind.

Did you make any changes to your system user account or log in as a different user?
None of these changes.
I also read the player.logs and there's nothing abnormal there.
And there is only the autosave file there as well, so whatever happened, those files we're really lost, and it is way less likely to be bcz of the update.

Guess I'm replaying xD
I'll update you if I find something

Ps: you're using standard binary save? I'm using a unity build really close to yours, so I might test some scenarios. at least for personal troubleshooting xD

Davgord

Jul 11, 2022
Depends on your definition of "scene" and your definition of "worthwhile." There are no new SEX scenes, so if that's what you're after then the answer is no. The finale of this small update (which I've had a month and change to work on) is a voyeur scene where you can see Meredith using a vibrator through her bedroom door keyhole.

You won't hurt my feelings if based on that you decide to skip this update and wait for the next one. The last thing I want is for someone to download and play an update that contains content that they are not interested in, especially since I know other games have probably also released holiday content.

Dammit... 1920x1080 is a common resolution. I will have to fix that. Thank you, and Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you!

Cheers!
I really like this game and I am very happy with its progress, thanks for sharing. I'll keep subscribing.

4.40 star(s) 84 Votes