Others Abandoned Followers of Lust Studios [v0.0.2 Public] [Korbent]

Korbent

Mar 17, 2019
I can test, but currently I havent more time and possible test can't bu done so fast
I compiled a Mac version for the new version of the game but there was no obfuscation of the source code, no binaries whatsoever. I'm not exactly certain on how a Mac computer operates but I couldn't just let go of my source code without a proper license. So I'm sorry for Mac users out there. Surely it must be something I'm missing and when I find out a way to obfuscate the source, I'll release a Mac version as well.

vrtrtr

May 8, 2017
Somewhat barebones, but looks fun so far.
You don't exactly seem to have a proper naming sense, though - look through the catalogue and you will see about a thousand games with names containing "lust". While accurate, it's also the farthest from catchy and memorable you could ever be.

Korbent

Mar 17, 2019
Somewhat barebones, but looks fun so far.
You don't exactly seem to have a proper naming sense, though - look through the catalogue and you will see about a thousand games with names containing "lust". While accurate, it's also the farthest from catchy and memorable you could ever be.
I agree with that. Thought a bit on naming but couldn't find anything that is catchy :(

catbreeeder

Jan 22, 2018
I compiled a Mac version for the new version of the game but there was no obfuscation of the source code, no binaries whatsoever. I'm not exactly certain on how a Mac computer operates but I couldn't just let go of my source code without a proper license. So I'm sorry for Mac users out there. Surely it must be something I'm missing and when I find out a way to obfuscate the source, I'll release a Mac version as well.
Sorry to bring bad news but you didn't obfuscate the source code, it is simple compressed in the app.asar archive that can be decompressed using the asar archive tool from electron. To actually obfuscate the code you will need to learn how to use minify or another similar tool.
By the way, legally, copyright just need a copyright notice on the files...
Also, do you realize what kind of forum is f95zone?

vrtrtr

May 8, 2017
I agree with that. Thought a bit on naming but couldn't find anything that is catchy :(
You could probably brainstorm this with people and whoever comes up with the best name gets a special mention in the credits or something.
I'm not great at stuff like that, but I'd make some pun with usual film making phrases...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Maybe also ask reddit for ideas, they're usually better at this pun thing.
Sidenote: Why can't I star in the movies as an actor?

Korbent

Mar 17, 2019
Sorry to bring bad news but you didn't obfuscate the source code, it is simple compressed in the app.asar archive that can be decompressed using the asar archive tool from electron. To actually obfuscate the code you will need to learn how to use minify or another similar tool.
By the way, legally, copyright just need a copyright notice on the files...
Also, do you realize what kind of forum is f95zone?
That's my ignorance not knowing about this, then. Thank you!

Korbent

Mar 17, 2019
You could probably brainstorm this with people and whoever comes up with the best name gets a special mention in the credits or something.
I'm not great at stuff like that, but I'd make some pun with usual film making phrases...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Maybe also ask reddit for ideas, they're usually better at this pun thing.
Sidenote: Why can't I star in the movies as an actor?
It's a very nice idea I haven't thought of. Thanks for this suggestion, I'll think about doing this sometime. But is it OK to change the name of a product after release? I mean, it's in the very early stages and what not. Those names you suggested are pretty funny, by the way :D
I will implement it soon enough hopefully. I had a comment about it here explaining my thoughts and somewhat missteps.
My initial thought was PC wasn't able to perform in the movie because he or she was doing the filming. But now that I think about it there are a lot of movies where cameraman is also doing the act. Also, going on from my initial thought, it was an oversight by me to not allow PC as a performer when someone else is directing. The PC will be able to perform soon enough.

RustyXXL

Nov 2, 2017
That's my ignorance not knowing about this, then. Thank you!
Also you should be aware that obfuscation doesn't really protect your source code. It just makes it harder to read.
Anyone with enough intend and experience can work around that.
If obfuscation was a protection minecraft would never have had a modding scene, and I personally worked a bunch with decompiled and obfuscated code to make compatibility merges back then, before there was minecraft forge.
Obfuscation really only protects you from script kiddies and people who don't have enough knowledge.
Put your files under a decent licence, that way you at least have some form of legal grounds.

Reactions: Korbent

bobbob9999

Jul 27, 2017
Looks clean and a great foundation. Not sure if this is your personal preference, but having all the dollar amounts centered takes extra effort to read. Please right-justify the dollar amounts in their columns, and force the same amount of decimal places, ie. either round to the nearest dollar or always show 1 or 2 decimal places.

Reactions: Korbent and Solhel

Korbent

Mar 17, 2019
Looks clean and a great foundation. Not sure if this is your personal preference, but having all the dollar amounts centered takes extra effort to read. Please right-justify the dollar amounts in their columns, and force the same amount of decimal places, ie. either round to the nearest dollar or always show 1 or 2 decimal places.
What you're suggesting definitely would make reading monetary values easier. I'll get to fixing it. Thank you for your feedback.

vrtrtr

May 8, 2017
It's a very nice idea I haven't thought of. Thanks for this suggestion, I'll think about doing this sometime. But is it OK to change the name of a product after release? I mean, it's in the very early stages and what not. Those names you suggested are pretty funny, by the way :D
I will implement it soon enough hopefully. I had a comment about it here explaining my thoughts and somewhat missteps.
You're welcome concerning the idea, glad you liked my suggestions. You can easily change the name, just look at at Heaven Studio's Alansya Chronicles...that was called Ayame's Adventure for more than a year I believe.
Sorry for not having read the part about the part of self-starring, must've missed it.

Korbent

Mar 17, 2019
You're welcome concerning the idea, glad you liked my suggestions. You can easily change the name, just look at at Heaven Studio's Alansya Chronicles...that was called Ayame's Adventure for more than a year I believe.
Sorry for not having read the part about the part of self-starring, must've missed it.
Well, changing the name after 1 year definitely sounds like something. Thank you for mentioning them. Also no need to apologise, really. Anything could be missed and I'm glad someone's taking their time to actually read these. Thank you for that as well.

vrtrtr

May 8, 2017
Well, changing the name after 1 year definitely sounds like something. Thank you for mentioning them. Also no need to apologise, really. Anything could be missed and I'm glad someone's taking their time to actually read these. Thank you for that as well.
The only issue that may arise is from a marketing perspective: people who may know the game but don't keep up to date on this board (or other forums you use) may lose track of it. The solution is a having a few releases as a transitional period ([New Name] - formerly Followers of Lust Studios) and hoping they can keep up. I remember a few of my projects having temporary names and only getting their final name when I released them (music in my case). Don't fret.