TheimmortalP

Jan 4, 2019
I'm a pretty fast reader. If I spend 1-3 seconds before hitting enter, how long will the the current version take to finish?

TheimmortalP

Jan 4, 2019
it is sandbox :WeSmart: your particular skill is useless here:HideThePain:
Ok, but try to make a logical guess on how much content is in this game. Are we talking closer to 1-2 hours? 3-5 hours? 6-8 hours? or 8-10 hours?

Also, any chance of a walkthrough?

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Ok, but try to make a logical guess on how much content is in this game. Are we talking closer to 1-2 hours? 3-5 hours? 6-8 hours? or 8-10 hours?

Also, any chance of a walkthrough?
a first release, despite its being labeled as 0.3.
there is 1-2h of content, depending on your particular gaming skills.
walkthrough isnt that needed for now (though there are a few minigames where it could come handy, such as poker for example), yet i would take a wild guess and say walkthrough creators (such as joker leader) will make one as the game progresses.

TheimmortalP

Jan 4, 2019
Another question: I just earned over 1.3k on the roulette game, is this gonna carry me through most of the current version?

TheimmortalP

Jan 4, 2019
walkthrough isnt that needed for now (though there are a few minigames where it could come handy, such as poker for example), yet i would take a wild guess and say walkthrough creators (such as joker leader) will make one as the game progresses.
It'd be nice to know if I'm actually picking good dialogue choices, and it'd be nice to know what and where the out of the place items are.

TheimmortalP

Jan 4, 2019
Ok, first time where I really need a walkthrough. I'm stuck on the fixing the computer. Can someone please tell me what I need to do?

It'd be really cool if someone made a mini-walkthrough covering parts like these.

Reactions: gottogo1234

AnyName'llDo

Feb 12, 2018
The solution to the monitor troubleshooting itself was very simple. If someone can't figure out the problem is with the VGA cable after plugging it into a different machine and getting the same results, then I'd question their alleged "high degree of PC troubleshooting competency". :ROFLMAO:

Teasing aside, I don't think the difficulty of the problem is what people are really frustrated with...

I think the problem people are having is the way the variable is set up right now. Currently, the condition is set to test1 > 7, and it starts counting before he even tries any solutions. In the first half of the minigame (the part where he is asking Ann questions), people's first instinct will be to ask each question in order from top to bottom and there are 9 questions. Well... that means they are going to run out of test counters BEFORE he even finishes asking the questions. I think this is why people are getting frustrated. It's not intuitive the way it is right now. I only avoided this problem myself because I'm a dirty cheater and I rolled back after every question.

My advice would be to change it so that test1 doesn't start counting until after the player has selected "Ready for troubleshooting actions". At which point, the MC is actually testing different solutions.

Once the player is on the second menu (with the troubleshooting steps), then if they still can't figure out the solution within 7 tests, then that's entirely on them.
Replacing the VGA cable is a standard practice, and was not an option on the list. Again, I work in IT, I'm very good at it, and I still think this part of the game is not good as is. Checking a few other basic things first: power, and how well seated the monitor cable is on both ends is standard practice. Never got to an option to swap out the cable. Dude just says I'll have to take this back to my desk (where he won't be able to work on it).

AnyName'llDo

Feb 12, 2018
I don't know what to say really. I guess it depends on the person.
I've had some beta testers saying they really like this type of thing and I should put in more.
I've had some techies saying it's way too easy and I should make it harder.
I've got a lot of comments saying it's nice to have something else like this in a game.
So I'm sorry if you didn't like it, I hope the rest of the game was enjoyable enough for you so that it doesn't matter that much.
Other parts of the game were interesting, and not liking the troubleshooting minigames wouldn't keep me from seeing where the story goes from here.

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
Replacing the VGA cable is a standard practice, and was not an option on the list. Again, I work in IT, I'm very good at it, and I still think this part of the game is not good as is. Checking a few other basic things first: power, and how well seated the monitor cable is on both ends is standard practice. Never got to an option to swap out the cable. Dude just says I'll have to take this back to my desk (where he won't be able to work on it).
On the second menu (with the troubleshooting steps), I think the 4th option down is to try plugging the VGA cable into MC's own monitor to see if the problem replicates. His own monitor doesn't display anything, so he knows the problem is with the cable itself.

After that, the option to replace the VGA cable appears at the bottom of the menu. So the context of the steps seems pretty practical to me. It'd be silly to replace the cables before confirming that they're the problem.

Like I mentioned earlier though, I think your frustration is coming from the test1 counter. The questions count against the counter, but they're also skippable. But if he says he has to take it back to his desk, then that means you ran out of attempts before replacing the VGA cable.

Reactions: AnyName'llDo

sg27digital

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2023
It's 0.3 as I needed 0.1 and 0.2 to make changes after my testers came up with feedback, didn't think the numbering mattered that much, it's indeed the first release - first chapter

Another question: I just earned over 1.3k on the roulette game, is this gonna carry me through most of the current version?
You only need like 300 for the first chapter, you'll unlock a store with lots of stuff to buy, which will be needed for next chapters

Ok, first time where I really need a walkthrough. I'm stuck on the fixing the computer. Can someone please tell me what I need to do?

It'd be really cool if someone made a mini-walkthrough covering parts like these.
I already made a walkthrough myself, it's hidden in the game folders as pointed out somewhere in this forum, or you can join the discord channel which has the walkthrough in the help-needed channel

You say you need to take it back to your desk because you took too long in figuring out what the issue was. Like Jericho mentioned the counter of how many choices you try before figuring it out already start at screen 1, so if you just keep on trying stuff you'll run out soon and will have to take it back to your desk.

Other parts of the game were interesting, and not liking the troubleshooting minigames wouldn't keep me from seeing where the story goes from here.
I'm glad, thanks

how dose it work?
You just open it with a text reader and read what's inside.
There's also a version on my discord channel which may be easier for you to access - channel "Help-needed"

After that, the option to replace the VGA cable appears at the bottom of the menu. So the context of the steps seems pretty practical to me. It'd be silly to replace the cables before confirming that they're the problem.
This was my reasoning

thanks for quoting this, it opens with notepad. God, I wish that I knew this going in. I wasted so much time!
I'm still of the opinion that it's more fun to try stuff out yourself first, so I don't think you wasted time :)

Reactions: Abhai
Jul 19, 2023
Well opinions are like assholes. Everybody has them.

I happen to like busty blondes and I don't care if they were a prostitute. I hope the MC plows the fuck out of her. Besides, she's not in that life by choice and the MC is in a position to help. I'm 100% down for that. So I guess that means my shitty opinion cancels out yours.
Capt. save a hoe have sailed.

3.80 star(s) 8 Votes