VN Ren'Py Foster Home for Fantasy Girls [Badabim Badaboom] [CardinalRed & Tired Txxus]

4.70 star(s) 57 Votes

aliscad

Jun 14, 2017
The game was initially released with "copied but not traced art" as temporary placeholder while dev learned to draw.
after dev learned to draw he replaced all the placeholder art with his own original art.

AI sucks. I much rather have original hand drawn art.
whos the original artist?

Txxus

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2017
I'm sorry guys, I know I'm slow and I may be getting slower. You may not believe it but I dedicate at least a few hours every day to the project. It's a bit depressing because this game I thought it would take 6 months and it's gonna be 4 years in April. I made a lot of noob mistakes at the beginning that kept pulling me back to this day, but I also don't dedicate so much time to it as I used to. I spend way too much of my free time playing games or watching shows. But I'm not gonna be defeated by my own creation. I WILL NOT LET MY FIRST GAME BE ONE MORE OF THE ABANDONED BUNCH. That's why, here and now I make you a promise. I WILL DOUBLE DOWN MY EFFORTS, AND HERE, TODAY, I PROMISE I PROMISE THAT UNTIL THE DAY THIS GAME IS FINISHED, I'LL RELEASE A MONTHLY UPDATE. I will not waste any more of my time on distractions. I will no longer take an hour long breaks, I will not spend another 4 years to finish this, AND IF I DO, I promise it will be because it was to add even more content! You loyal players and I deserve that much. THIS IS MY OATH. VIVA CHILE MIERDA.

Jdiezel

Jun 28, 2022
I'm sorry guys, I know I'm slow and I may be getting slower. You may not believe it but I dedicate at least a few hours every day to the project. It's a bit depressing because this game I thought it would take 6 months and it's gonna be 4 years in April. I made a lot of noob mistakes at the beginning that kept pulling me back to this day, but I also don't dedicate so much time to it as I used to. I spend way too much of my free time playing games or watching shows. But I'm not gonna be defeated by my own creation. I WILL NOT LET MY FIRST GAME BE ONE MORE OF THE ABANDONED BUNCH. That's why, here and now I make you a promise. I WILL DOUBLE DOWN MY EFFORTS, AND HERE, TODAY, I PROMISE I PROMISE THAT UNTIL THE DAY THIS GAME IS FINISHED, I'LL RELEASE A MONTHLY UPDATE. I will not waste any more of my time on distractions. I will no longer take an hour long breaks, I will not spend another 4 years to finish this, AND IF I DO, I promise it will be because it was to add even more content! You loyal players and I deserve that much. THIS IS MY OATH. VIVA CHILE MIERDA.
lets gooo we're getting two more dialogue tidbits next month

Aurelein

Dec 17, 2017
Hey mate, for what it's worth I think you're doing fine. The game is cute and the art is pretty. I understand it might have taken longer than you expected but that seem to often times be the case. I, for one, am not constantly pacing around impatiently while counting down the seconds since the latest release. Instead I go about my days as I normally would and get pleasantly surprised when I see an update to this game (or any other games I enjoy).
That being said, I'm not one of your patreons so I'm not paying you anything and don't really feel like I'm entitled to demand anything of you... The guys who actually pay you might feel differently however so you might want to post something similiar on Patreon. (Though to be fair I did subscribe to your Patreon a year or so back to get my hands on the "nudest" version but that was only for a month).

Regardless though, keep soldiering on! Endeavouring to do monthly updates could help you hold yourself accountable so it might be a good idea. And while I can't speak for anyone else... as long as new content is added into the game (quickly or not) I'll be more than happy, so try to not beat yourself up about it too much.

Best of luck to you!

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
That's why, here and now I make you a promise. I WILL DOUBLE DOWN MY EFFORTS, AND HERE, TODAY, I PROMISE I PROMISE THAT UNTIL THE DAY THIS GAME IS FINISHED, I'LL RELEASE A MONTHLY UPDATE. I will not waste any more of my time on distractions. I will no longer take an hour long breaks, I will not spend another 4 years to finish this, AND IF I DO, I promise it will be because it was to add even more content! You loyal players and I deserve that much. THIS IS MY OATH. VIVA CHILE MIERDA.
Monthly update promise is gonna kill the game if you aren't ready for it. Once you start missing it you'll beat yourself up over every failure.

Unless you're willing to have any size update be called an update even if there really wasn't much progress. Then it's just a decent habit to pick up.

Txxus

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2017
Monthly update promise is gonna kill the game if you aren't ready for it. Once you start missing it you'll beat yourself up over every failure.

Unless you're willing to have any size update be called an update even if there really wasn't much progress. Then it's just a decent habit to pick up.
I can do it. I can deliver good content updates monthly. Gonna have to do some sacrifices but I can.

• Hey there
Reactions: ninjahotsprings

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
I think it was just a few complainers...
But, I am glad to hear you are committed to this game.

Reactions: Txxus

Murcury

Dec 31, 2022
youbeautifulbastard.gif

• Red Heart

aliscad

Jun 14, 2017
Mate you're slower than the dev you're criticizing
You are the one who is throwing some random art and claim that it was done by somebody who can barely draw anything. lol...
If you are not calculating, then you are simply stupid... but anyhoo. Just want to know who is the original artist of the game...
Why is it so difficult. lol.

kewl smut

Oct 21, 2017
You are the one who is throwing some random art and claim that it was done by somebody who can barely draw anything. lol...
If you are not calculating, then you are simply stupid... but anyhoo. Just want to know who is the original artist of the game...
I clicked on some bells on the main screen of the game and on the screen a message (which seems to be written by one of the developers, Tired Txxus apparently) appeared. He claims they started out as two people on this game along with an artist, from his message I understand he only did coding then. He reveals the artists name himself on there as "Cardinal Red", don't think this is much of a mystery. I haven't checked him out and I don't know what happened in between or between them so there is that if anyone else want to check it as well, there it lays.

Also don't press the poor dev about it too much he already says he isn't putting too much work in but trying his best to learn drawing and will try to finish it by himself.

Edit: I have seen a CardinalRed on the recruitment section, not sure if that is the artist though.

Last edited:

Txxus

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2017
I've always been the artist. I just like to try different things and it developed into a more cartoonish style, but this was long ago, years. You can criticize and raise your opinion on my art becoming worse or even dogshit for your preferences. It's your opinion and ofc, you are right depending on the perspective. But please don't insult each other.

Now, I know I'm not a particularly good artist. But I gotta defend myself a little bit here. I know how to draw somewhat ok. I've learned and it's difficult to translate what I have learned to the style of the game. I leave some examples of what I can draw, and if you still think these are bad, well, maybe it's just a matter of the style not being to your liking, which is totally fine. I'm sorry if my style moved in a direction that it displeases you, however I cannot hope to make everyone happy.
1725205669249.png 1725205571481.png 1725205402740.png

Txxus

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2017
I clicked on some bells on the main screen of the game and on the screen a message (which seems to be written by one of the developers, Tired Txxus apparently) appeared. He claims they started out as two people on this game along with an artist, from his message I understand he only did coding then. He reveals the artists name himself on there as "Cardinal Red", don't think this is much of a mystery. I haven't checked him out and I don't know what happened in between or between them so there is that if anyone else want to check it as well, there it lays.

Also don't press the poor dev about it too much he already says he isn't putting too much work in but trying his best to learn drawing and will try to finish it by himself.

Edit: I have seen a CardinalRed on the recruitment section, not sure if that is the artist though.
Haha. It's always been me as the artist and story writer and cardinalred programming the game.

Reactions: rrapa

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
I've always been the artist. I just like to try different things and it developed into a more cartoonish style, but this was long ago, years. You can criticize and raise your opinion on my art becoming worse or even dogshit for your preferences. It's your opinion and ofc, you are right depending on the perspective. But please don't insult each other.

Now, I know I'm not a particularly good artist. But I gotta defend myself a little bit here. I know how to draw somewhat ok. I've learned and it's difficult to translate what I have learned to the style of the game. I leave some examples of what I can draw, and if you still think these are bad, well, maybe it's just a matter of the style not being to your liking, which is totally fine. I'm sorry if my style moved in a direction that it displeases you, however I cannot hope to make everyone happy.
View attachment 3990111 View attachment 3990096 View attachment 3990081
cute and sexy

• Red Heart

aliscad

Jun 14, 2017

View attachment 3990111 View attachment 3990096 View attachment 3990081
lol, plz... No offense, but it got nothing to do with "style".

4.70 star(s) 57 Votes