HannibalKing

Sep 11, 2020
Can somenody post the newest patreon post please?
Remember when cbob told us we could hassle him if he couldn't get anything done in November?!?!

Let's just say I got myself a stick and called it hassle. And it's better than bacon.

I say hassle, you say !

Hassle...

Hassle...

But all fun aside, cbob won't make it this month again and I talked to him about what the best course of action would be because I feel a bit more is needed than just saying

"guys we didn't make it this month (again), see you in the next!"

There's folks among you who'd support us way beyond anything which can be called reasonable. And sure, it's your money and you can bloody well do with it as you see fit! We're making adult games and you are an adult, right? But we've created some expectations these last months which we haven't been able to make good on and that can't keep on going.

So I suggested pausing our patreon billing cycle to cbob and he agreed that would be a good idea. Cbob will keep working on the new FET build at a pace he is able to and at least until he can show us the fruits of his labor we'll suspend the billing.

I like that very much, because this will most likely also allow cbob to relax more. Getting the amount of support we're getting and not being able to deliver something for this long will start eating at you. Subconsciously or not. And that's when you're mentally doing fine. If you're not at your best that becomes crippling.

So cbob will have a real opportunity to get back on the road to recovery, (something I was aiming for regardless!) and I'll just pick my nose and do nothing in the mean time...

Ha! . I started working on a little side project which I intend to expand upon. Some of you already know what it is. And just so you know, it's not a continuation of Omnitrixxx. I know some of you really liked that and God knows anything with Gwen in it has an uncanny ability to hold my unhealthy attention, but Omnitrixxx was always meant as a test for myself and set up as such.

Working on FET is important, yes, but I need cbob for that... unless you want builds merely consisting out of cheap puns.... When running a three legged marathon, which is basically what FET is, you can't keep going while the other is feeling those stabs in his side. Don't ask me why I keep making these weird comparisons...

So there you have it. I might add to this post later if it turns out it's needed and I'll keep you up to date throughout the upcoming month. Now let's see if I can find the buttons which will actually do what I was talking about.

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
I say hassle, you say...

Hey guys! Marty here!

Remember when cbob told us we could hassle him if he couldn't get anything done in November?!?!

Let's just say I got myself a stick and called it hassle. And it's better than bacon.

I say hassle, you say .

Hassle...

Hassle...

But all fun aside, cbob won't make it this month again and I talked to him about what the best course of action would be because I feel a bit more is needed than just saying

There's folks among you who'd support us way beyond anything which can be called reasonable. And sure, it's your money and you can bloody well do with it as you see fit! We're making adult games and you are an adult, right? But we've created some expectations these last months which we haven't been able to make good on and that can't keep on going.

So I suggested pausing our patreon billing cycle to cbob and he agreed that would be a good idea. Cbob will keep working on the new FET build at a pace he is able to and at least until he can show us the fruits of his labor we'll suspend the billing.

I like that very much, because this will most likely also allow cbob to relax more. Getting the amount of support we're getting and not being able to deliver something for this long will start eating at you. Subconsciously or not. And that's when you're mentally doing fine. If you're not at your best that becomes crippling.

So cbob will have a real opportunity to get back on the road to recovery, (something I was aiming for regardless!) and I'll just pick my nose and do nothing in the mean time...

Ha! . I started working on a little side project which I intend to expand upon. Some of you already know what it is. And just so you know, it's not a continuation of Omnitrixxx. I know some of you really liked that and God knows anything with Gwen in it has an uncanny ability to hold my unhealthy attention, but Omnitrixxx was always meant as a test for myself and set up as such.

Working on FET is important, yes, but I need cbob for that... unless you want builds merely consisting out of cheap puns.... When running a three legged marathon, which is basically what FET is, you can't keep going while the other is feeling those stabs in his side. Don't ask me why I keep making these weird comparisons...

So there you have it. I might add to this post later if it turns out it's needed and I'll keep you up to date throughout the upcoming month. Now let's see if I can find the buttons which will actually do what I was talking about.

Reactions: qwertydude69

Mistervd

Nov 25, 2017

I say hassle, you say !

Hassle...

Hassle...

W E L P

Reactions: qwertydude69

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
the new patreon post was already put up there, twice.
there was no new version, so they decided to close getting money from patreon until they are ready to deliver.
and marty seems to have plans for a new game mainly of his own.

F1forhalp

SOTD: Temple of the Dog - All Night Thing
Donor
Oct 28, 2019

I say hassle, you say !

Hassle...

Hassle...

well ugh. so at least that looks like they care (or Marty does) and do the patreon Hold, which tells us two things.. they feel responsible to a point, and they don't know when the next stuff is ready to go.
thanks HannibalKing for the heads-up and the snippet to erhm, 'fill the gap', i'm sure FET fans all over are happily jumping at anything Marty can shell out. i'm kinda used to those 'on a napkin' scribbles myself, many of them turn out entertaining, at least.

t4ewk

Dec 15, 2017
> Remember when cbob told us we could hassle him if he couldn't get anything done in November?!?!
See you guys in March.

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
well ugh. so at least that looks like they care (or Marty does) and do the patreon Hold, which tells us two things.. they feel responsible to a point, and they don't know when the next stuff is ready to go.
thanks HannibalKing for the heads-up and the snippet to erhm, 'fill the gap', i'm sure FET fans all over are happily jumping at anything Marty can shell out. i'm kinda used to those 'on a napkin' scribbles myself, many of them turn out entertaining, at least.
iwouldnt say that, what it does feel like is that the update was a lie, or at the very least, cbob was hiding the truth of the status of the update. and they paused it because they realise it would be impossible to salvage it.

if i had to guess, i would say they basically threw it aside and are redoing it from scratch(this update). and pausing was the only way they could keep any semblance of respect for the patreons.

it also feel like i right on the money when i said he probably got lost in developing a BS minigame that ended up breaking the game. i just hope he realise those minigames are not even close to why people play this game and love this project.

4.50 star(s) 276 Votes