F1forhalp

SOTD: Temple of the Dog - All Night Thing
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
I'm still on the 'depression is no excuse, especialy while ghosting a business partner' team.
i'm still not on anyone's team, but i can relate to several treatments of stuff having an impact on alot of things, like creativity, or just the ability of coherent thinking or getting yer acts together. sure they could have come clear a bit sooner.
then again i'm a durrteh pirate yarr sitting on a pirate site, never paid for anything they did. so i do what a pirate does, biding my time with side grabs, waiting for the big stuff. yarr.
they will come up with something, or they just end it. nothing we can do about it. there'll be another good prey. there always is. until then, oh, i correct myself, i'm still on my team, yarr. heave ho! 80 Gigs of games to play, until the next FET update.

JotaFPR

Jan 2, 2018
Korra's Love route is still incomplete right?? I got to a point where I try to sleep and it says under development and cant do anything more

Reactions: Genji

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
RebelliousKnightMordred
First things first... thank god you strted using line breaks. It makes you much more readable.

Marty did not mention what problem cBob has... but cBob himself said he started taking antidepresants. As they are a big deal and not sold legaly without a prescription, he is definitelly diagnosed with depression.
Or he just admitted to buying illegal medicine.

And I'm pretty sure the problem is not so much comments against Mity, but because as we started discussing them they went out of the scope of the thread itself - FET. As you can see by their other project, 18Teens (or now 18Titans) having all comments about it removed (because else the new thread would be lost pages away from its creation).

FriendlyBoi69
The problem here is, FET is actually cBob's project. Marty is just a hired artist, even if they developed a friendship.

Meaning... the only one that can be substituted is the one that is still doing things. To hire someone to take cBob's place in anything, the one we need to talk to is... cBob.

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
That's only valid as long as the dude doesn't literaly ghost the project. If a founder of a company dissapear and doesn't interact with the company anymore, he doesn't stay in charge.
You are thinking of big companies, with CEOs and those things. This is a two-person thing.

My father and my uncle started their store together when they were young, they actually bought from their emplyer instead of having it closed or something, and then later were able to open a second after my uncle moved. They each had their own separate stores.
Even so, they had, legally, to pay the other a part of what their respective store profitted each year. And save for merchandise purchases and sales were made together. For example, they bought a small store on a "shopping" that was opening in my town to rent, when it was new and, supposedly, cheap. The shopping was too small and the population not that big, so they were not gettng much, but they could only sell if both agreed.
They also had to agree on employees hired.
They only recently finished the paperwork to separate their businesses.

So long story short, yes, even if a founder doesnt interact with this kind of company they still stay in charge.

But... In fact, this is not even really that. Mity is technically actually just cBob, and Marty is his employee. Even if they got close and became friends, Marty was still just a hired artist.
Just because the owner doesn't visit the store, that doesn't make the manager the owner now. There is a reason Karen calls the owner if they can't win through them.

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
Laws are the same either way and it work the same way, the size of the business doesn't matter here.
Then you were wrong. The owner is still in charge even if they are not there.

As I said, you were probably thinking of CEOs. The founder in them are not the owner, for when a company has a CEO it is very likely something like an incorporation or something close, where they have a bunch of people owning shares, and thus a piece of the company, and so they all are really the owner. CEO is thus just the one in command of the company to make it run.

Mity is, at most, a private limited company, where both are equaly owners...
But most likely is not, as Marty was hired by cBob so he is actually just a very trusted employee. Meaning it is cBob's sole proprietorship.

We just went from FET to why they can't just get rid of cBob (because Mity is actually cBob's and Marty just woks in it) to different enterprises.

I am just waiting to be removed for going off-topic, so...

TLDR: Marty does good work, but he is just a hired member of Mity. The one with problems right now is the actual boss. Meaning they can't just throw him away from FET to get someone else, but Marty can and did start working on something new by himself - 18Titans.

Aug 13, 2017
Guys, shit happens in people's lives. Depression is a serious thing, that apparently some people think is easy to deal with... It's not and unfortunately one of the creators of this game is going through this phase and now what he needs to do is to deal with this problem in his life first before thinking about returning with his projects. What you guys can do for now is to wish him well and move on with other things while he tries to recover from this disease.

This may seem like a bad thing to say, but I will have to say it anyway: If he keeps forcing himself to work and work while he keeps doing nothing to treat this illness, it will only get worse for him and in some time you guys will be paying condolences for a person who committed suicide.

And yes, I speak based on my own life experiences with these things.
Nobody thinks it's easy to deal with. In fact if they had gone with the advice most people had given them since they started this project a few years back or so and hired someone else to help ease the workload with the dump truck of money they were making on Patreon then burnout would've been mitigated to a degree.

Aug 13, 2017
RebelliousKnightMordred
First things first... thank god you strted using line breaks. It makes you much more readable.

Marty did not mention what problem cBob has... but cBob himself said he started taking antidepresants. As they are a big deal and not sold legaly without a prescription, he is definitelly diagnosed with depression.
Or he just admitted to buying illegal medicine.

And I'm pretty sure the problem is not so much comments against Mity, but because as we started discussing them they went out of the scope of the thread itself - FET. As you can see by their other project, 18Teens (or now 18Titans) having all comments about it removed (because else the new thread would be lost pages away from its creation).

FriendlyBoi69
The problem here is, FET is actually cBob's project. Marty is just a hired artist, even if they developed a friendship.

Meaning... the only one that can be substituted is the one that is still doing things. To hire someone to take cBob's place in anything, the one we need to talk to is... cBob.
I don't know if we've argued before but given the way you responded to me I guess we have, so I'll keep things short. Each time you bring up the whole "you can't replace cbob though!!!" argument I roll my eyes into the back of my head.

Even if cbob wants to be involved in the project or keep it the way he wants you can't deny not having at least one pair of extra hands has hurt the project. Also most people suggesting they bring in someone to help don't say said help has to replace cbob you just decided that's what we mean by yourself.

Also if you're talking scope of the thread, would you not agree that discussing the people behind the project falls into that category? Because the messages of mine that got removed are about the same as what I'm typing to you right now. I didn't say anything last time since both sides were seemingly removed and it doesn't really bother me it's just I can't stand all these empty platitudes for a situation nobody is actually aware of.

Balrog

Jan 10, 2018
Then you were wrong. The owner is still in charge even if they are not there.
Lol, found a business and then don't show up for 20 years, see if you're legaly still the boss.

'As I said, I tried and failed to read your mind' stop trying to play mind reader and learn about the law you're talking about first.

CBOB not showing up and ghosting the artist is a cunt move, all the 'muh depression' whining won't change that like it won't change that he can be easily replaced at this point since his contribution is currently 0. 'I had depression' and 'I started the venture' aren't excuses or argument when you directly abandon it, both moraly and legaly.

Last edited:

darkgunner079

Apr 4, 2018
Not to mention this isnt the first time something like this has happened, and it played out the same, delays, long periods of silence, and then some sappy updates about how "things are gonna change" and "we've been through this problem so now we know how to address it in the future".

People arent upset because the update got delayed, people are upset because its the same song and dance we've been through before and absolutely nothing has been done to try and address it, because why should they? There are literally patrons in the comments practically begging them to accept donations even though they paused their patreon. They've built up a great deal of goodwill with the high quality game they're making and while I still believe they arent trying to scam people, they don't have any incentive to make any changes because the majority of their supporters (or at least the ones forking over the most cash) have made it clear that how frequently or consistently MITY releases updates does not matter to them.

Reactions: IDontPay and Balrog

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
The fuck you talking about?

Does not matter how long between visits. If I am the one paying the taxes of the business, I am legally still the boss.
Hell, unless the paperwork is filled for the transfer I am still the boss even if someone else pays them for me.

RebelliousKnightMordred
People are mostly not saying to get an extra hand though.
They are talking about a complete substitute writer.

Also.
Sure, cBob could be just an overseer, give the cliff notes and the new writer puts them in actual words under his approval later.
They won't feel the same for a bit while the new writer gets the gist of it, but they will after a bit, they probably already played the rest of the game before after all.

But the problem here is, getting the notes from cBob either way.

Because I don't know about everyone else, but Marty didn't sound like he has any idea what the story is planned to be besides what he is told to draw for the next update.

Aug 13, 2017
The fuck you talking about?

Does not matter how long between visits. If I am the one paying the taxes of the business, I am legally still the boss.
Hell, unless the paperwork is filled for the transfer I am still the boss even if someone else pays them for me.

RebelliousKnightMordred
People are mostly not saying to get an extra hand though.
They are talking about a complete substitute writer.

Also.
Sure, cBob could be just an overseer, give the cliff notes and the new writer puts them in actual words under his approval later.
They won't feel the same for a bit while the new writer gets the gist of it, but they will after a bit, they probably already played the rest of the game before after all.

But the problem here is, getting the notes from cBob either way.

Because I don't know about everyone else, but Marty didn't sound like he has any idea what the story is planned to be besides what he is told to draw for the next update.
The problem with your little problem is that "cbob won't send the notes still". They claimed themselves that the pressure on cbob from the patreon and the coding and writing is what gets to him. If he delegates one of the duties and only has to check on some notes or lines of codes to see how things are going that's less pressure on him, but hey I get the feeling you're the type to not concede a point and try see the other side so I won't continue this little song and dance of ours.

Fake Rabi ~

Oct 22, 2018
it will be a relief if cbob just put an update of the progress of the game instead of ghosting everyone including his partner...
welp Derpression is really a bad thing..

Griffifth

Aug 30, 2019
Can someone help me. I'm stuck in fire nation I can't leave and go to earth nation, I don't know what to do so can someone help me. I chose the slave route

4.50 star(s) 276 Votes