bepri

Jul 27, 2017
activating console will break the saving functionnality on ren'py
here's what I get when I try to save on any version with console activated
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 364, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
Exception: Could not pickle <module 'time' (built-in)>. (perhaps store.time = <module 'time' (built-in)>)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\Gabriel\3D Objects\Four Elements Trainer\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.7.7-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Gabriel\3D Objects\Four Elements Trainer\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.7.7-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\Gabriel\3D Objects\Four Elements Trainer\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.7.7-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Gabriel\3D Objects\Four Elements Trainer\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.7.7-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2649, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Gabriel\3D Objects\Four Elements Trainer\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.7.7-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3451, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "C:\Users\Gabriel\3D Objects\Four Elements Trainer\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.7.7-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 992, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "C:\Users\Gabriel\3D Objects\Four Elements Trainer\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.7.7-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 992, in event
  File "C:\Users\Gabriel\3D Objects\Four Elements Trainer\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.7.7-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 697, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "C:\Users\Gabriel\3D Objects\Four Elements Trainer\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.7.7-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 239, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "C:\Users\Gabriel\3D Objects\Four Elements Trainer\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.7.7-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 239, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "C:\Users\Gabriel\3D Objects\Four Elements Trainer\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.7.7-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 906, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "C:\Users\Gabriel\3D Objects\Four Elements Trainer\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.7.7-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 841, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "C:\Users\Gabriel\3D Objects\Four Elements Trainer\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.7.7-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 315, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 364, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
  File "C:\Users\Gabriel\3D Objects\Four Elements Trainer\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.7.7-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 402, in save
    dump((roots, renpy.game.log), logf)
  File "C:\Users\Gabriel\3D Objects\Four Elements Trainer\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.7.7-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 46, in dump
    cPickle.dump(o, f, cPickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL)
  File "C:\Users\Gabriel\3D Objects\Four Elements Trainer\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.7.7-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2006, in module_pickle
    raise Exception("Could not pickle {!r}.".format(module))
Exception: Could not pickle <module 'time' (built-in)>. (perhaps store.time = <module 'time' (built-in)>)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Four Elements Trainer 0.7.7
Tue Feb 05 17:06:06 2019
Speculation here, but could you be working off of a very old "base" savefile (like you loaded from Book 1 and then just kept going from there for each update)? I notice a pickle error at the end, I know that's some sort of protocol used to make saves cross-version compatible.

For now, I use from Sam to enable whatever I need, it's just a .bat file you put in the main folder where the .exe is and then run it. Run the game once before using Unren, and you gotta restart the game after you've used Unren. I did that with this version and it worked fine, just as it always has before

Reactions: darlic

Semiguacamole

Aug 3, 2017
I cant seem to figure out the twin snake.
I move it around till I hear a click, but nothing else. I also saved the girls, but when I go back, the quest just repeats itself.
The second combination for the snake uroboros puzzle is flipped as compared to the slave route
slave route has:
1st combination R R R R
2nd combination L R R R

the love route (the one currently released) has:
1st combination R R R R
2nd combination R R R L

not sure if you have to look into the opposite room with the broken snake statue after the first combination, as I did, that is probably not necessary

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
Speculation here, but could you be working off of a very old "base" savefile (like you loaded from Book 1 and then just kept going from there for each update)? I notice a pickle error at the end, I know that's some sort of protocol used to make saves cross-version compatible.

For now, I use from Sam to enable whatever I need, it's just a .bat file you put in the main folder where the .exe is and then run it. Run the game once before using Unren, and you gotta restart the game after you've used Unren. I did that with this version and it worked fine, just as it always has before
good speculation,
In prev version, the game would simply break if you tried to view new content based on an older save
In the last 2 version, I was able to view the newer content
but unable to save unless I removed every content of unren and its files it created.
I guess I'll try it again on the bugfixed version

The second combination for the snake uroboros puzzle is flipped as compared to the slave route
slave route has:
1st combination R R R R
2nd combination L R R R

the love route (the one currently released) has:
1st combination R R R R
2nd combination R R R L

not sure if you have to look into the opposite room with the broken snake statue after the first combination, as I did, that is probably not necessary
was there any location or dialogue that gave a hint to the answer?
how many turns or a part of the rotation needed ?

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
I don't know how people are getting the Ajala bug. Anyway, I've rescued the girls and just manually traveled to the entrance of the underground and everything progressed just fine. Maybe you need to do that instead of summoning her

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
was there any location or dialogue that gave a hint to the answer?
how many turns or a part of the rotation needed ?
Pretty sure there are no hints considering how simple the task is...if it clicks you keep going,if it doesnt you reset.

I don't know how people are getting the Ajala bug. Anyway, I've rescued the girls and just manually traveled to the entrance of the underground and everything progressed just fine. Maybe you need to do that instead of summoning her
Once you reenter does the quest repeat?
Thats whats happening for me.
Calling her just plays her normale routine in the first place(which they really need to fix/disable for the release version)so thats not it.

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
Pretty sure there are no hints considering how simple the task is...if it clicks you keep going,if it doesnt you reset.

Once you reenter does the quest repeat?
Thats whats happening for me.
Calling her just plays her normale routine in the first place(which they really need to fix/disable for the release version)so thats not it.
Oh yeah, it does restart

Cobra14

Jun 11, 2018
Hey, does somebody know by chance, how you change your name in the game? i accidentally clicked it through and now the name is AVATAR -.-

tirigon357

Jan 15, 2019
Hey, does somebody know by chance, how you change your name in the game? i accidentally clicked it through and now the name is AVATAR -.-
Doesn't really matter does it? if i remember correctly they only say your characters real name VERY rarely.

DaftWarlock

Feb 7, 2019
I think my game bugged out on the last damn stretch...(Slave Route) I was about to go talk to Katara (because Toph told me she had seomthing to tell me) after the whole scenario towards the end and now Katara is stuck in a loop. I'm right at 4/5 with Toph man. Dang it...

4.50 star(s) 275 Votes