Aug 18, 2018
Hello, i'm blocked in book 2, at the end of day 1 on the island. I tried it once by myself, and then tried by following the walkthrough and still got the same result. What must I do to continue ?

This is what I have after masturbating to Mai and the strange dream with the spirits.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ComradeGulag

Jun 7, 2018
I think it would be cool if he did something with the elder scrolls like skyrim or one of the games but that is my opinion

witteb

May 3, 2019
Hello, i'm blocked in book 2, at the end of day 1 on the island. I tried it once by myself, and then tried by following the walkthrough and still got the same result. What must I do to continue ?

This is what I have after masturbating to Mai and the strange dream with the spirits.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
you need to click on the orbs, the right ones lead to an door which you need to do something. after that there is one door which will lead you to the exit.

MusicSoft

Jul 3, 2017
Thats why I suggested Fate/. If you pick a main series (Stay Night, Apocrypha, Extra/Extella), you've got a set of main girls. Apocrypha has a few too many, SN has like 3-5 though. Then you can use the other series to fill in on the side.
If I were going to play a Fate/ trainer it would have to be Taiga Trainer

Yeah, but not a Trainer. And the VN's H-scenes are often made fun of for being bad >.<
The scenes in Hollow Ataraxia are significantly better because Nasu didn't write them, at least the Eclipse scenes.

Cybuster

Sep 28, 2017
He said he's tinkering with new ideas and to keep himself busy while the coder works. He doesn't wanna do nothing cuz he'd feel worthless, but he doesn't want to work any further ahead than he has so he doesn't burn out too.

Thats why I suggested Fate/. If you pick a main series (Stay Night, Apocrypha, Extra/Extella), you've got a set of main girls. Apocrypha has a few too many, SN has like 3-5 though. Then you can use the other series to fill in on the side.
Nahhh, Fate/ if anything is currently very mainstream (Much to my delight and disappointment). Hentai of Fate are EVERYWHERE and utterly dominates Comiket. MITY should do something that would fuck with western people's childhood. I standby a cartoon network universe, make it kind of like FusionFall.

Reactions: GaRbS

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
Nahhh, Fate/ if anything is currently very mainstream (Much to my delight and disappointment). Hentai of Fate are EVERYWHERE and utterly dominates Comiket. MITY should do something that would fuck with western people's childhood. I standby a cartoon network universe, make it kind of like FusionFall.
Yeah, but doujin are doujin and trainer games are trainer games.

Cybuster

Sep 28, 2017
>coder said "absolutely this month"

There's like three weeks left man. Either he already got a lot of things done already, or his code is streamlined. Either way, I am hopeful that Santa will be seeing me jerk off.

assrekt

Mar 14, 2019
I'd like to throw one last thing in the mix as well. What about adapt the code Geass series where in you use your geass to hypnotize the girls completely or do the same thing what is SU is doing (hypnotized at night). Plus I think it would be sweet to have mechas involved specially in the mini-games.

kingkongercock

Dec 11, 2018
Looking back on it now, I think a sensible explanation is that it's a project made by two anonymous friends who knew each other beforehand. Hence why they wouldn't want to hire anyone else on, or why "the artist" is so lenient with "the coder".
It's obvious that the artist feels some sort of obligation to the coder. Forgive my wording but this behaviour from the artist seems extremely 'feminine'. There is a reason that every business has a single boss, there is extreme utility in firing people who simply are not doing their job. I feel like many people here are extremely naive, this project is bringing in big dollars and the coder TAKES A 3 MONTH vacation, even 3 weeks seems excessive. From their postings it seems like he is working himself to death, but he has literally nothing to show for it other than extremely sloppy and shitty code.

After reading through your posts It's obvious that this entire project has been mismanaged from the very beginning. The artist, MITY has all the leverage, after all that's why people buy the game, not for the code but for the art. If this is a joint-project MITY needs to buy FET's share in the name and if he doesn't want to sell then threaten to leave him.

I legitimately think that he refused to patch up the game himself, because if he did he would outshine the coder. MITY wouldn't want to hurt his feelings so he stalls the project for 5 months.

For his next project i hope he hires a team of competent people and actually reinvents some money into his business.

kingkongercock

Dec 11, 2018
Furthermore, MITY could host a minigame competition right now. Just ask people to submit Ren'py minigames which showcase their skills and fit for a project, he could offer 30% of the cashflow for the winner that gets hired. And of course if a new coder is a stranger, he will actually feel some pressure to improve due to the fear of being fired for subpar work.

Genji

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2017
Mity is a good man,but dont let other people use him because of his goodness

D

Deleted member 436513

It's obvious that the artist feels some sort of obligation to the coder. Forgive my wording but this behaviour from the artist seems extremely 'feminine'. There is a reason that every business has a single boss, there is extreme utility in firing people who simply are not doing their job. I feel like many people here are extremely naive, this project is bringing in big dollars and the coder TAKES A 3 MONTH vacation, even 3 weeks seems excessive. From their postings it seems like he is working himself to death, but he has literally nothing to show for it other than extremely sloppy and shitty code.

After reading through your posts It's obvious that this entire project has been mismanaged from the very beginning. The artist, MITY has all the leverage, after all that's why people buy the game, not for the code but for the art. If this is a joint-project MITY needs to buy FET's share in the name and if he doesn't want to sell then threaten to leave him.

I legitimately think that he refused to patch up the game himself, because if he did he would outshine the coder. MITY wouldn't want to hurt his feelings so he stalls the project for 5 months.

For his next project i hope he hires a team of competent people and actually reinvents some money into his business.
Normally I'd say that's mean, but I think the crucial point that warrants it in this case is that their Patreon account hasn't been suspended during this entire shitshow, which is a major faux pas for me. Even if by mistake, that is a LOT of money.

That said, if you wanted to steelman the fuck out of MITY's side and view the whole thing from their perspective (at least with the limited information we've been given), it would go something like this:

1) The coder starts a project based on his original idea and vision, hires the artist based on some criteria, acts as the director for the game (every scene is his idea, he writes all the jokes, he comes up with the game flow and the overarching storylines, he manages the finances, etc. - all the artist does is follow instructions and essentially work on commission).
2) He does everything he possibly can to be generous (the Patreon stretch goals list "the coder will be employed full time" as the last goal, i.e. implying that the artist already got paid way before that, and him making enough money to quit his job is the least important requirement).
3) The project goes on and gets traction, he does everything he can to make his vision a reality, learns programming/game design/writing on the job, etc. He's never really done this before and they can't hire anyone else, so he'll have to spend a lot of time and effort to accomplish even basic things, but he won't give up, he'll try his best and he'll keep getting better.
4) They hit the "both of us quit our jobs" milestone ($6,000 in June 2017, less than a year after launch) and then... sort of just stop there. It's the two of us making a game, that's always been the plan after all, we don't know if we'll make enough to hire anybody else, we both live in an expensive area and we're in debt, why bother if there's a risk, so on and so on.
5) Then, the coder takes on more than he can handle as a beginner (the CCG minigame), gets burnt out/depressed as a result, and the artist goes "Alright dude we've been working together for 3 years, I know you, everything's gonna keep going fine. Just take a few weeks off, I'll keep working in the meantime, we'll delay the game a bit if we have to or I'll finish the update, no big deal".
6) Then he also breaks his ankle (?) during new year's eve (??) last month (???), and his mom had cancer before (or she still does?), and he's at his parents' house, whatever, real life. Let's assume things pile up and he's out of commission for 3 months through no fault of his own, he deserves a break, he really has been trying his best, it's fine. He's back on the job now, and everything is back to normal.
7) They also didn't really keep track of the Patreon money or think to suspend/invest it, so now they have the bad PR of making 80k for essentially no work.

Giving them the benefit of the doubt on all of that, we have the following possible criticisms:
  • The coder refuses to change things up, hire additional help, take a programming course, or recognize the limits of his own skills -> he's stubborn
  • The artist does most of the work, and actively harms the project by deferring to the coder instead of getting rid of or standing up to him, because of their friendship -> he's weak
  • They don't want to use the Patreon budget to improve the project, because they think they deserve to keep it to themselves -> they're greedy
Furthermore, MITY could host a minigame competition right now. Just ask people to submit Ren'py minigames which showcase their skills and fit for a project, he could offer 30% of the cashflow for the winner that gets hired. And of course if a new coder is a stranger, he will actually feel some pressure to improve due to the fear of being fired for subpar work.
I think your earlier point might hit a bit closer to home than anyone would want to admit. For instance, if the artist hired some guy to do the CCG minigame he failed to do, and he just DOES IT in a fucking weekend for 200 bucks, it's entirely possible the old coder would feel inadequate and spiral further into depression. The project management/HR side of things has always been the weakest aspect of FET, and it will continue to be so.

Last edited by a moderator:
4.50 star(s) 280 Votes