Lefty_900877645

Jan 15, 2023
My theory is that the data that the AI recover is actually the original. Like our original body maybe already dead and the AI have collected the full memory of the original body or the original body mind got upload to create the AI made it seem like the AI act too much of understand us out of necessary but still have the curiosity like a newborn. Idk wtf I just wrote but you know the dealt.
probably the original is in some tube sleeping and thats how clones are made by just scaning his body and creating an exact copy of it, but at the same time copying the memory of the last clone created and putting them in a server to have a back up if the memories are at any time are lost or they cant update from the last clone just use the back up, and at the end the original will recieve the memories of all his clones, and how they scan the clone? probably some neurological device thats put on the clone at the moment of creation thats always sending updates of the clone experience,memories and exact vitals at the moment

FOXXXDev

Jan 18, 2024
probably the original is in some tube sleeping and thats how clones are made by just scaning his body and creating an exact copy of it, but at the same time copying the memory of the last clone created and putting them in a server to have a back up if the memories are at any time are lost or they cant update from the last clone just use the back up, and at the end the original will recieve the memories of all his clones, and how they scan the clone? probably some neurological device thats put on the clone at the moment of creation thats always sending updates of the clone experience,memories and exact vitals at the moment
Canonically there's a "Black Box" inside the player character's head, recording their brain activity at all times. When they become unable to continue their quest, the new data is sent back to their ship for uploading into a new body. There's more to it, but I'm saving that juicy shit for story mode.

Reactions: Polarthief

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
Canonically there's a "Black Box" inside the player character's head, recording their brain activity at all times. When they become unable to continue their quest, the new data is sent back to their ship for uploading into a new body. There's more to it, but I'm saving that juicy shit for story mode.
Unable to continue their quest can also mean "won't do it", as a handful of bad ends shows.

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
FOXXXDev, I wonder if you'll add some kind of sanity mechanic, where reaching zero will make the artificial intelligence (which is sort of what a clone is) go bad end.

I would like to know if planets like Procya are more than just gimmick/one-trick pony.

Also, inspired from Faith: The Unholy Trinity, I wonder if you'll add specific bad ends that require to perform something that a new player usually wouldn't do/doing an earlier sequence with a late-earned item that puts AI in a unique bad end.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
FOXXXDev, I wonder if you'll add some kind of sanity mechanic, where reaching zero will make the artificial intelligence (which is sort of what a clone is) go bad end.

I would like to know if planets like Procya are more than just gimmick/one-trick pony.

Also, inspired from Faith: The Unholy Trinity, I wonder if you'll add specific bad ends that require to perform something that a new player usually wouldn't do/doing an earlier sequence with a late-earned item that puts AI in a unique bad end.
Lol Didn't expect to see Faith The Unholy Trinity here.
"Game Over" does a very good job for these Looping Mechanics (even tho that game is confusing as hell.)

For the scope of Foxxx I don't think The dev has the resources to do a more complicated system.
Those self-contained sequences with different outcomes is already good enough.
It can be better if FOXXXDev can expand it a little more without Scope-creep.

Considering you are already playing for "Bad End" anyway, A "sanity Mechanic" is redundant.
Unless you would trigger different outcomes based on your sanity. but then, Scope-creep.

FOXXXDev

Jan 18, 2024
@FOXXXDev, I wonder if you'll add some kind of sanity mechanic, where reaching zero will make the artificial intelligence (which is sort of what a clone is) go bad end.

I don't think a sanity mechanic is a good fit for this game, honestly. I'm personally not a fan of adult games where you have to spam to get a stat low enough for a bad end, and I think because bad ends have so little consequence it'd just bog down the gameplay overall.

Procya will, at some point, get a walk-around option. In the meantime, I do have plans to make it more enjoyable--mostly by setting limits on what scenes can appear, so more unique content appears per visit.

I'm exceptionally down to add hyper-specific bad endings that the player has to do funky stuff to get. That'll be post-1.0, though, since I don't wanna spend time on content that not many players will see right now.

Thank you for the suggestions, though! Added 'em to my notes!

"Game Over" does a very good job for these Looping Mechanics (even tho that game is confusing as hell.)

For the scope of Foxxx I don't think The dev has the resources to do a more complicated system.

Considering you are already playing for "Bad End" anyway, A "sanity Mechanic" is redundant.
Unless you would trigger different outcomes based on your sanity. but then, Scope-creep.
Honestly, I 100% agree. As cool as it'd be to add a sanity system and variants for scenes, it's just a scope thing. I'm already behind schedule (Originally was aiming for 1.0 by September) so I don't want to add entirely new systems this late in development.

A pretty good example of how out of hand it can get is La'ard, the fatfur planet. Writing 1-4 variants of every scene sounds really cool, but then you go to do it and it's like "Oh, I could've spent this time writing completely unique stuff".

Next big project will be more status-effect/stats/RPG-heavy, so maybe I'll explore a sanity mechanic in that game instead. Who knows?

Reactions: nackedsnake

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
I'm very sure you will never expect Wendigoon playing it on stream and then having an interview with the dev (airdorf)

I don't think a sanity mechanic is a good fit for this game, honestly. I'm personally not a fan of adult games where you have to spam to get a stat low enough for a bad end, and I think because bad ends have so little consequence it'd just bog down the gameplay overall.
Honestly, I 100% agree. As cool as it'd be to add a sanity system and variants for scenes, it's just a scope thing. I'm already behind schedule (Originally was aiming for 1.0 by September) so I don't want to add entirely new systems this late in development.
Actually you did make one, sort of: The Procya mini game. I mean it's pretty bare bones, but it exist nonetheless.

I think you can implement it in a self-contained environment within Procya (much how the turn-based RPG is self-contained in Scar, tile exploration is self-contained in Taun & Karnivora and BDSM sandbox is self-contained in Sciurus Metallicum). I do agree this is very much a low priority focus for the next two months, but it is something worth considering.

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
Ok, so I am trying to get imprisoned in the Sciurus Metallicum. I've got 3 convicts on contract, but never got the warden to jail me. Anything I need to do?

FOXXXDev

Jan 18, 2024
Ok, so I am trying to get imprisoned in the Sciurus Metallicum. I've got 3 convicts on contract, but never got the warden to jail me. Anything I need to do?
The initial Build 125 of the game had a bug where existing saves couldn't access the scenes. It got patched after like an hour, but that's probably the version posted here.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
i keep getting virus warnings when i try to install
You sure you didn't download wrong file?
This game has a single Html file and doesn't require any "install".
(Note Most game on this site doesn't require any Install, if it asks, you needs to be extra cautious)

ajb619

Sep 16, 2018
Figure I might as well throw my own queries into the ring. Do you currently have any more plans for expanding changes to the MC's appearance? Either as a result of getting bad ends and having the AI make what it feels are appropriate adjustments or through player choice like going to a clinic or something similar?

Also just want to say I do love some of the current changes there are, particularly the droopy ear and the heart shaped print on the butt. Both are very unique and it's nice to see something different from typical changes like your ass getting bigger or whatever that is in most games. They help make our character stand out and feel more special.

FOXXXDev

Jan 18, 2024
Figure I might as well throw my own queries into the ring. Do you currently have any more plans for expanding changes to the MC's appearance? Either as a result of getting bad ends and having the AI make what it feels are appropriate adjustments or through player choice like going to a clinic or something similar?

Also just want to say I do love some of the current changes there are, particularly the droopy ear and the heart shaped print on the butt. Both are very unique and it's nice to see something different from typical changes like your ass getting bigger or whatever that is in most games. They help make our character stand out and feel more special.
I do wanna work on a sort of "Cloning 2.0" system where there's more emphasis on your character changing, crewmates commenting on it, etc. It'll likely play into the game's ending as well, where there'll be difficulty attributing your heroics to you or something.

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
I do wanna work on a sort of "Cloning 2.0" system where there's more emphasis on your character changing, crewmates commenting on it, etc. It'll likely play into the game's ending as well, where there'll be difficulty attributing your heroics to you or something.
I wonder, in the far future, a sort of "clone recycling" (like the drone pod) will be expanded. I'm sure there's plenty of dialogues from your crewmates about bringing your failed versions of unique bad ends back to the ship. Of course, I'm not asking for 100% recycling efficiency (which recycling IRL can't do anyways due to heat loss), but more than a handful.

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes