WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Hello, Sorry, my buddy, but the reboot will be available here tomorrow this time. It is currently only available to patrons.

Well, i gotta admit, the reboot is news to me. I didn't followed this thread which explains my uninformed curiosity about the reboot. Is it just optics or was the story rewritten too? Good Luck with your two Projects!

I played recently the reboot of Where it all began (didn't know that, too) :confused: and was blown away by it's overall improved quality.

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
Oh boy. Okay, I finished this reboot, and I gonna be completely honest here.
You can tell Afterchoices put effort on the characters and made them more realistic. However, I would be lying if I said I loved some of the 'changes' made to them. Gonna miss some old the old characters A LOT, including the way the looked and the dynamics they had with our cute protag. I also liked some of the old characters' introductions in comparison to this new version.

Can't understand why we can get to choose who Sukkhon is. I feel like in the old version the fact that she was a established trans woman gave her strength and depth. Now that was taken away from her, and also it will take some extra time to render both choices for her.

I have to congratulate Afterchoices because the grammar improved drastically, and now it's easier to follow the dialogue and text in general. Now, characters sound more natural when having a convo.

And the way the story started? I liked the dream sequence, but after that, I'm afraid to be brutally honest, but I prefer the pace, the humor and the story of the old version.

While the reboot obviously has its good points, I personally would have wanted to follow the story of the original version, I was waiting eagerly to new updates. Just realized minutes ago that this was a reboot but I wanted to give it a try, so I downloaded, played it, and I must admit I still prefer, in many ways, the old version.

Someone in the thread mentioned Where it all began. Played both versions, and to be honest, that story did need an urgent rework, cause the story was starting to get dull and a little bit too fantastic. Never felt like free pass needed that, cause I always found it so engaging.

At the end of the day, Afterchoices can of course change whatever he likes and do what he wants with his story, but as my final advice (which I know he didn't as for), I'll say "Don't fix what it's not broken".

Best of luck for his project.

Skylark21

Apr 9, 2018
If you simply want to play as the female protagonist, Yoon, don't worry; you may skip playing as him entirely.
Can you really? I picked no to playing as her brother yet the game moved forward in Male protagonist POV. That option only skipped some part of his gameplay but you're still forced to play as him at the end. Is it a bug?

Last edited:

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
  • I made the decision not to respond to rude comments. "After Choices," who politely responded to every comment, is no longer with us.
  • If I discover that a large number of people hate this game, there is no reason to provide further updates. I'll put this project on hold and focus on Naughty 40 until it's completed.

Raoddik

Oct 11, 2021
Hmm, I can't say much about reboot mainly because I didn't play it :p, but damn, I really liked Yoon old look - the new one just don't work for me (she was main reason why I'm here), it would be nice to have links to the old version in the topic too.

Overall, reboot is always risky thing, for sure there will be people who hate it no matter how good it's just because it's different.
No to mention that some people get attached to characters (that itself show how good the game is) so it's not pleasant for them.

But, good luck with the reboot, hopefully it will turn well. ^^

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
  • I made the decision not to respond to rude comments. "After Choices," who politely responded to every comment, is no longer with us.
  • If I discover that a large number of people hate this game, there is no reason to provide further updates. I'll put this project on hold and focus on Naughty 40 until it's completed.
While I agree that some people can be rude, there are others who are giving polite constructive criticism, and I'll openly say I know I was one of those.
Please be aware that it's kind of unrealistic to have expected that everyone was going to like such massive changes, especially when we fell in love with the story and characters we already had.
I can understand why it can be disheartening to see people not liking the new version, however I do hope that you can understand why this is the case.
Like I said before, at the end of the day Afterchoices can do as he pleases with his game, but it's also unwise to simply ignore the constructive criticism others give him.

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
Can you really? I picked no to playing as her brother yet the game moved forward in Male protagonist POV. That option only skipped some part of his gameplay but you're still forced to play as him at the end. Is it a bug?
Hello there, my buddy. I believe you're referring to the scene at night. Please select the "Yoon does not approach him" option. It will thereafter be skipped. I'm sorry you had to deal with it.

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
While I agree that some people can be rude, there are others who are giving polite constructive criticism, and I'll openly say I know I was one of those.
Please be aware that it's kind of unrealistic to have expected that everyone was going to like such massive changes, especially when we fell in love with the story and characters we already had.
I can understand why it can be disheartening to see people not liking the new version, however I do hope that you can understand why this is the case.
Like I said before, at the end of the day Afterchoices can do as he pleases with his game, but it's also unwise to simply ignore the constructive criticism others give him.
Please don't forget, there is a huge amount of people who herass/insult through private conversations.

gilgamesh9

Sep 10, 2019
Definitely not a fan or the reboot the original was fine imo. Agreed also Yoons new look is not as good either, also the are alot of grammar errors its bad. WHy change whay was working perfectly fine... Oh wait I know but i wont say it. Its all the trend these days and its sad. Some quality aspects are better other then that 3/10 imo original was 9/10.

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
I read what you wrote, and it's all great. Thank you very much.

As one of the greatest individuals here, exazubi , put it, "I shouldn't be overdoing things." I made some of those mistakes last year, which I deeply regret. When individuals were murdered right in front of our apartment at the beginning of the military coup in my country, I spent my nights in bed reading every single comment till morning. Responding to them Like stahalle mentioned, I was overwhelmed. He is completely correct. Looking back on who I was last year, I felt like I was a slave to my fans at times. I'll admit that I'm looking for some respect right now. I want to be somewhere in the middle of where my fans and I want to be. That's it. Aside from that, I spent money on 1-3 parts of this update. Because my PC is nothing more than a low-end machine, I rent server computers, which are pricey for me. But I'd want to thank WhiteWolf619 for his enormous heart in helping me.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
In my opinion, the original felt like it was starting to lose sight of itself where it reached a point no longer really interesting. What I'd have done was work on finishing up the game and creating endings for specific paths and then move onto something new.

3.60 star(s) 77 Votes