LordOfChangeGames

Spaghetti Chef
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2020
So this game is really make male to female or it is only turn into girl with dick?
The game currently only allow feminization up to and not including gyneplastia (gender reassignment surgery). Adding it is something that is planned at some point, but I want to give the feature the proper respect it deserves and I will need to adjust a lot of content accordingly as well. It will probably be a multiple parts update gradually including other transitioning procedures such as HRT. It's going to be a lot of work, that's for sure. So for now, you can get breast enhancement surgery and what not, but that's the full extent of it.

Could we allow players the option to decline scripted sex scenes, like that first time you visit the Red Vixen?

Would help offer more freedom, RP wise, since not every character would be fine with those situations. Kinda like when the game gives the player the option to partake in gloryhole shenanigans at the fuel station. Yet while I ask of this will there be instances of forced sex in a more dangerous light, (rape, naturally), which depends on a strength/submission requirement? Much like how you can fight the armed thief at the fuel station, unless you're physically too weak to challnge him, that is...
It's a really conflicting issue for me, frankly. As much as I would love to, I feel that removing that first scripted scene would cause the game more harm than good at this point in time. One of the main complaints I get is that there isn't enough sex scenes in the game and making the first one missable would probably cause a whole lot more people missing what is essentially the first sex scene in the game. Then narratively, it would need a lot of adjustments to the story line.

Then again, I do understand where you are coming from and I tend to personally agree that avoidability would be nice. I'll have to look into the feasability of the act some more.

As for the second question, I still don't know. There are a few semi-coerced acts in game (caught at the gloryhole through the risk mechanic, notably), but they are few and far between. I think there is potential there, but I'm not too sure at which point it would become detrimental to the game.

Zanurah

Jul 10, 2022
The game currently only allow feminization up to and not including gyneplastia (gender reassignment surgery). Adding it is something that is planned at some point, but I want to give the feature the proper respect it deserves and I will need to adjust a lot of content accordingly as well. It will probably be a multiple parts update gradually including other transitioning procedures such as HRT. It's going to be a lot of work, that's for sure. So for now, you can get breast enhancement surgery and what not, but that's the full extent of it.

It's a really conflicting issue for me, frankly. As much as I would love to, I feel that removing that first scripted scene would cause the game more harm than good at this point in time. One of the main complaints I get is that there isn't enough sex scenes in the game and making the first one missable would probably cause a whole lot more people missing what is essentially the first sex scene in the game. Then narratively, it would need a lot of adjustments to the story line.

Then again, I do understand where you are coming from and I tend to personally agree that avoidability would be nice. I'll have to look into the feasability of the act some more.

As for the second question, I still don't know. There are a few semi-coerced acts in game (caught at the gloryhole through the risk mechanic, notably), but they are few and far between. I think there is potential there, but I'm not too sure at which point it would become detrimental to the game.
That's fair. I'll admit I didn't progress beyond that story arc after the first sex scene. I'm assuming you meet up with that woman at a later date and she 'opens the door' for more sexual content? Or does she introduce you to other characters?

If it's the latter, we could say from a narrative standpoint she was too drunk to remember what happened that night and didn't know the player turned her down. Or she simply lies about what happened and tells you to 'just go with it' if you try to interject and say nothing happened. That way the story can progress with minimal changes while giving the illusion of choice.

What do you mean by 'detrimental to the game', btw? You mean it as in the subject matter is too dark or something else?

Reactions: LordOfChangeGames

LordOfChangeGames

Spaghetti Chef
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2020
That's fair. I'll admit I didn't progress beyond that story arc after the first sex scene. I'm assuming you meet up with that woman at a later date and she 'opens the door' for more sexual content? Or does she introduce you to other characters?

If it's the latter, we could say from a narrative standpoint she was too drunk to remember what happened that night and didn't know the player turned her down. Or she simply lies about what happened and tells you to 'just go with it' if you try to interject and say nothing happened. That way the story can progress with minimal changes while giving the illusion of choice.

What do you mean by 'detrimental to the game', btw? You mean it as in the subject matter is too dark or something else?
That is certainly an interesting way to do it, I'll think about it.

As per the detrimental part. The game is a fairly "wholesome" one, where the player is encouraged to explore what they want to become. Since you didn't move the main plotline very far, I won't go into the details too much, I hope you don't mind. There is only one real "forced" scene in the entire game, with a risk mechanic really showing that things might backfire. There are some fighting options, notably at the Gas Station, but it also comes with a risk indicator, the risk being injury as you noted.

The identity of Fresh Starts is centered on a more positive light on feminization than most other games in the genre, with the only coerced feminization path meant to be escapable (not currently, but in the future, it will be. The option is there, but it dead ends as of the time of writing this), and it is a philosophy I try to extend to a lot of the content in the game. It's honestly a difficult topic to approach and personal preferences do come into play, so the answer is that while possible there will be more of that content to be added in the future, I'm not drawn towards adding more and won't go out of my way to add more, be it coerced or forced.

I usually work with the flow when it comes to writing, which heavily influences the content added in any given update since I'm the sole writer.

Reactions: Zanurah

Zanurah

Jul 10, 2022
That is certainly an interesting way to do it, I'll think about it.

As per the detrimental part. The game is a fairly "wholesome" one, where the player is encouraged to explore what they want to become. Since you didn't move the main plotline very far, I won't go into the details too much, I hope you don't mind. There is only one real "forced" scene in the entire game, with a risk mechanic really showing that things might backfire. There are some fighting options, notably at the Gas Station, but it also comes with a risk indicator, the risk being injury as you noted.

The identity of Fresh Starts is centered on a more positive light on feminization than most other games in the genre, with the only coerced feminization path meant to be escapable (not currently, but in the future, it will be. The option is there, but it dead ends as of the time of writing this), and it is a philosophy I try to extend to a lot of the content in the game. It's honestly a difficult topic to approach and personal preferences do come into play, so the answer is that while possible there will be more of that content to be added in the future, I'm not drawn towards adding more and won't go out of my way to add more, be it coerced or forced.

I usually work with the flow when it comes to writing, which heavily influences the content added in any given update since I'm the sole writer.
All good. It's your game and, more importantly, your vision. Do what ya gotta do to make sure it remains that way. =)

• Red Heart
Reactions: LordOfChangeGames
3.40 star(s) 9 Votes