Friend Zone and Game theory

grtrader

Feb 11, 2019
Some games hit this topic a little.
But I thought I would hit this with a little more in-depth on the idea of looking at optimal performance and outcome regarding dating and relationships.
This can quite easily be modeled in a game and could add a good aspect to games were the player is either looking for multiple partners or trying to find one good relationship.

My sister made a post on facebook yesterday with Homer Simpson's neighbor holding duck-tape regarding Friend Zone.

I made the point that to any guy looking for a meaningful relationship or sexual relationship friend zone is equivalent to a curse word.
I quoted my standard reply to friend zone type responses and the way I deal with it.
My sister wasn't that receptive to the idea that guys should and can say nope I have no interest in being a friend.

My post that set her off.
Her, "I just want to be friends."
Me, "That's nice and all but I got lots of friends. I looking for someone to build a relationship with. My time is valuable and I would rather spend it doing that with someone who has the same interest. So if that isn't you I'm sorry. Have a nice day."

That generally lets her know you aren't the friend zone person. If she actually likes being around you well she is stuck in the position of needing to re-evaluate if she is willing to give up or maybe try going forward.

If you show her she isn't the only person who has an potential interest and a life they tend to look at that even hard some times get jealous.

If she is still insistent on the friend zone crap well you haven't wasted any time just keep dating other women.

that's my view. Obviously, I am not a fan of the friend zone.
I'm also not a fan of stringing a woman along on a relationship if she is wanting something long term and I am not. I rather not waste her time when should could build a meaningful relationship with someone that actually has the same interest as her.

If you look at dating with either the goal to have sex or to end up with a LTR relationship that is more than just friends. There is no reason to accept the friend zone response from a woman EVER. It is a pure waste of time.

Taking the path I did above gives the potential she will change her mind sooner than later if she ever does. If she doesn't choose you you haven' wasted time on her.
There are generally two types of males who accept friend zone when they actually have a romantic interest. Those that think they can change her mind and those who have trouble just talking to women and being placed in the friend zone they worry about the next woman doing the same so they act complacent because they think this is the best I will get and garbage like that.

Add to the fact friend zone is most often used to string some sap along as a friend to get him to pay for stuff like going out and stuff because the woman knows the sap is hoping she will change if he is nice to her.

The best way I can describe for someone to think of friend zone visually. Think of the game memory. You have 1000 cards made of 500 pairs. One card is turned over already. You can select 1 card every second.
If you find 2 cards that match you can then turn over that card and turn over the two matching cards. ~ simulates you finding another woman
Or if you happen to find the one matching card to the one already turned over you can count that pair. ~ simulates the girl removing you from friend zone
You have 20 seconds to play. The 20 seconds simulates your dating life time.

So one could create a game and create the females with various personality traits and depending on how well you impress them or not they might choose to put you in the friend zone. Then you have to choose how to deal with it. it could be used to increase the level of difficult of the game and force players to think how they are going to choose to deal with the situation.

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
It's a discretionary decision by the woman being courted on whether to:
1) accept a romantic overture in spite of not really being interested
2) offer friendship--the "friend zone"
3) be rude and completely blow off the overture with no friend zone face-save offer

It's a discretionary decision by the man being offered friendship to:
1) accept the offer of friendship in good faith--with knowledge that's all it will be and making no effort to change that
2) accept the offer in bad faith--trying to change her mind or waiting for a moment of emotional vulnerability to "Get out of the friend zone"
3) politely reject the offer and move on

I've done all three in my life. I've made some very good friends that way. Option 2 is pretty much always a bad play. Eventually they figure out that you're hanging around them hoping they'll change their mind or circumstances will render them vulnerable to a second try. Option 3 is fine, though if you wouldn't mind being friends with that person, it's a foreclosure of that option going forward.

The best way to get out of the friend zone is to never be put there in the first place. Learn to read signals better and ask out women who are actually romantically interested. To get out of the FZ you have to significantly alter the woman's impression/opinion of you. Maybe you get a much better job. Maybe you display unusual maturity. Maybe you start dressing better and a year of going to the gym pays off. Maybe you start dating women who are in or even above her "league". Like I said, it has to be a pretty dramatic change for someone to change their initial impression.

Reactions: paladin07

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
Half the friend zones I've had were mutual. Actually went on a date or two and we realized there wasn't enough chemistry, but we liked hanging out. People only take advantage of you if you let them do so.

Reactions: paladin07

Spectr3

Apr 27, 2019
@Thrownaway13

Obviously this chad is too dick deep in puss for you. His alpha levels are too strong. gtfo soy boy
The fuck is a "soy boy"? Thrown is like the master alpha. He'll be fucking this chad's sis like she's a fucking sex doll (she'll be lifeless af after he's done).

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
The fuck is a "soy boy"? Thrown is like the master alpha. He'll be fucking this chad's sis like she's a fucking sex doll (she'll be lifeless af after he's done).
plz don't threaten close personal friends of President Trump's supermodel sister. thank you

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I dont like the term "friend zone", everyone is in multiple "friend zones".

If you have a female friend and you aren't dating her you are in a friend zone. The same goes for guy friends (if you're gay or female). Would you date that person? Sure. Are you attracted to them? Sure. But that doesn't mean anything, you can still be friends and have a meaningful relationship and maybe one day it will go to the next level.

I feel like your approach would lead to having no female friends at all. Its too simplistic, relationships are more complex than that.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I think you've misunderstood what the friendzone actually is.

When a woman says to you "let's just be friends" what she means is "look fella, you've got no chance, piss off" but nicer. She doesn't actually mean let's be friends.

Guys that claim to be in a friendzone are those that made friends with her first then expected something more and got all pissy when she didn't want more. When you aren't already friends with that girl and she says that she isn't actually inviting you into her social circle, she's politely telling you the pussy is not for you and never will be.

When i've said that I haven't wanted that person to say "okay, we'll do brunch" it's just far more polite to say that than telling them they have more chance of pissing liquid gold and shitting diamonds than ever getting in my panties .... unless they steal my panties and then wear them then I suppose job done.

During a breakup, sure, i've seen people wanting to stay friends. I don't do it personally it just makes things awkward like "hey person I used to sleep with this is person i'm sleeping with now .... love what you've done with your hair".

People that are actual friends aren't in the friendzone they are just friends.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
I apologize ahead of time, because I had a real hard time deciphering your post, to understand what you were trying to figure out...

If you are asking, whether a game concept would work for a Male/Female or Female/Female relationship builder that includes "Friend Zone" content? I don't see why not, although it might be outside the privy of Erotic/Adult content, if no sexual activity were taking place at all...

It sounded almost like (and let me know if I'm getting this wrong) you were complaining that you could never have a "Friend Zone" relationship with a woman? That's your prerogative... But having the expectation that any women would want to be associated with you, if all you wanted was sex or nothing, it's possible, but it'll be an uphill battle... I also would not doubt feelings will get hurt on your journey, especially if a woman likes you, but because she didn't put out, you decided to shun her and/or blow her friendship off... Good luck if that is indeed the case, because I feel sorry for the women that fall into your orbit, who just want friendship... If you don't want to hurt folks as much, be upfront about what you are looking for in the very beginning, and don't play games...

Zip