RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Hah! Yeah, I don't remember if I talked about it, but I updated to the new version of Daz mid-way through Chapter Four's rendering (because it suddenly began crashing all the time), and it broke some things that I suddenly had to work around - but it did stop crashing! Still, not ideal and not fun.
Totally believe you. Zorlun, the developer from Project Myriam, had to wait for a new studio driver because the previous one crashed Daz. Luckly Nvidia fixed the issue quickly.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah, I've always stood by my initial stance that, without the sexual component of his meeting with Nicki, Guy would never feel that strong impetus to form a charity, and set the events of the game in motion. And I felt it would make Nicki's three-month absence less meaningful, in some ways. Having your best friend disappear after you either sleep with her or take advantage of her is one thing, but having her just dip out entirely after you helped her and asked for/gained nothing in return felt a little harder to explain.

But, I am coming around to the idea of making a friends-only path with Nicki, which would dovetail into her friend path that picks up in the beginning of Chapter Four. It'd require some extra writing and renders for a new path in Chapter Three and Four, and some consideration regarding where to allow players to re-integrate into the other possible paths, but I think it's doable. Right now all of Nicki's and MC's interactions assume a base-level of intimacy that makes them comfortable/apathetic to being at least partially naked around each other. So it'd need to be explained away to use existing renders, or I'd need to put them both in clothes. Or give them alternate interactions entirely, which could honestly be the path of least resistance.

So, we'll see. Not promising anything for now, but it might be nice to have a longer friends-to-lovers/bang-assistant track, now that more of the game is in place. When I wrote the first chapter, it wasn't a sure thing that the rest of the story would be told - I didn't have a PC that could run Daz effectively, I didn't know how to use Daz, and my ability to code a serialized story was definitely in question. As things have come together, it makes a little more sense to potentially give players the options of keeping Nicki as purely a friend.

Plus, I kind of like writing the platonic stuff anyways.. The other day I sketched out a loose idea for a scene involving Gabby friendship route, which I think will be really cute, once I get around to it.

Current plan is to have her reappear in Chapter Five, setting up her next big event in Chapter Six. I'd also like to write in a little bit where MC and reach out to her via the phone to show her how the photos came out. I already put them up on my Patreon, but it'd be cool to put them in-game, too.

Hah! Yeah, I don't remember if I talked about it, but I updated to the new version of Daz mid-way through Chapter Four's rendering (because it suddenly began crashing all the time), and it broke some things that I suddenly had to work around - but it did stop crashing! Still, not ideal and not fun.

Speaking of onerous little game-dev problems, I made a bunch of these cellphone screens for pop-up text conversations throughout the game, only to realize the time displayed at the top of each didn't work for the scenes that required them. Hoping I can get them implemented for the next build, since I think they look better than displaying the text in the chatbox.

View attachment 2271811 View attachment 2271812
You have to be careful with making too many paths because they grow like kudzu vines and choke out a game. It might be tempting to start another path for Nikki (like throwing her out without helping her at all or even trying to take advantage of her) but as she seems to have a very defined role in the story going forward it doesn't really seem to serve the purpose of the rest of the story. Personally, I would love a Nikki as an enemy path. That would be fun. If you don't let her be on the inside of your tent pissing out she decides to be on the outside of the tent pissing in. Maybe she starts fucking with you anonymously and you don't suspect it until the scooby doo villain revelation. Then she could yell at Brittani and Gabi that she would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you snooping kids. But then who would fulfill Nikki's role as your assistant? Asset swap her with Ashe maybe? It is one of those ideas that sounds good but it starts to fall apart the more that you think about it.

• Haha
Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

hysepReC

Feb 16, 2022
Ah, I gotcha. It's not guaranteed and it looks like I didn't trigger the necessary variables in my playthrough. Among other things, you have to choose the degrading dirty talk option in the alley.
Yeah, i missed that too because i was trying to be the nice guy and didn't put my hand up her skirt after the kiss (that option seemed a bit creepy to me) but looking at the walkthrough, it gives her the necessary lust points to unlock the incest roleplay.

Loki95

Jul 20, 2022
Yeah, I've always stood by my initial stance that, without the sexual component of his meeting with Nicki, Guy would never feel that strong impetus to form a charity, and set the events of the game in motion. And I felt it would make Nicki's three-month absence less meaningful, in some ways. Having your best friend disappear after you either sleep with her or take advantage of her is one thing, but having her just dip out entirely after you helped her and asked for/gained nothing in return felt a little harder to explain.

But, I am coming around to the idea of making a friends-only path with Nicki, which would dovetail into her friend path that picks up in the beginning of Chapter Four. It'd require some extra writing and renders for a new path in Chapter Three and Four, and some consideration regarding where to allow players to re-integrate into the other possible paths, but I think it's doable. Right now all of Nicki's and MC's interactions assume a base-level of intimacy that makes them comfortable/apathetic to being at least partially naked around each other. So it'd need to be explained away to use existing renders, or I'd need to put them both in clothes. Or give them alternate interactions entirely, which could honestly be the path of least resistance.

So, we'll see. Not promising anything for now, but it might be nice to have a longer friends-to-lovers/bang-assistant track, now that more of the game is in place. When I wrote the first chapter, it wasn't a sure thing that the rest of the story would be told - I didn't have a PC that could run Daz effectively, I didn't know how to use Daz, and my ability to code a serialized story was definitely in question. As things have come together, it makes a little more sense to potentially give players the options of keeping Nicki as purely a friend.

Plus, I kind of like writing the platonic stuff anyways.. The other day I sketched out a loose idea for a scene involving Gabby friendship route, which I think will be really cute, once I get around to it.

Current plan is to have her reappear in Chapter Five, setting up her next big event in Chapter Six. I'd also like to write in a little bit where MC and reach out to her via the phone to show her how the photos came out. I already put them up on my Patreon, but it'd be cool to put them in-game, too.

Speaking of onerous little game-dev problems, I made a bunch of these cellphone screens for pop-up text conversations throughout the game, only to realize the time displayed at the top of each didn't work for the scenes that required them. Hoping I can get them implemented for the next build, since I think they look better than displaying the text in the chatbox.

View attachment 2271811 View attachment 2271812
Hello
i love your game its one of my favourites its very interesting and refreshing, but i think you should reconsider doing many paths doing so will result in small updates messy routes to track.
thanks for the game

Reactions: Lustfallen

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Had a nice little breakthrough on the script for the second half of Chapter Four today, rearranging a few scenes. Unfortunately that meant bumping a lot of Mason's scenes from Chapter Four to Five, which is a bummer. But, I think people will be happy with what they get instead, and I found something really cool to do with him.

I also did some renders for new-hair Gabby, and posted some rough script samples of Chapter Four: Part Two on the Patreon for $15+ members.

Tease009.png

Hello
i love your game its one of my favourites its very interesting and refreshing, but i think you should reconsider doing many paths doing so will result in small updates messy routes to track.
thanks for the game
I appreciate that! I'm honestly always working to bring things under control, buuuut all the routes honestly make a fun challenge. I'll do my best not to get bogged down, though. Still hoping for a late-January to mid-February launch for Part Two.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Had a nice little breakthrough on the script for the second half of Chapter Four today, rearranging a few scenes. Unfortunately that meant bumping a lot of Mason's scenes from Chapter Four to Five, which is a bummer. But, I think people will be happy with what they get instead, and I found something really cool to do with him.

I also did some renders for new-hair Gabby, and posted some rough script samples of Chapter Four: Part Two on the Patreon for $15+ members.

View attachment 2275249

I appreciate that! I'm honestly always working to bring things under control, buuuut all the routes honestly make a fun challenge. I'll do my best not to get bogged down, though. Still hoping for a late-January to mid-February launch for Part Two.
Hey now, as long as i get my Gabby and Ashe fix, we're good. :p

Reactions: NeonGhosts

Alanray64

Jan 28, 2022
Just played up to the current release, 0.375, and it is very good. The renders are quite crisp and detailed and there is a very good storyline happening here. Gotta say the favs to date are Gabby, Brittani and Ashe. More so from their back stories as there is a lot unsaid and there is much emotion happening.

Hoping next release is not far off.

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
Hah! Fair! :'D I really threw myself into this thing not knowing what I didn't know.

Honestly, I'd really like to redo the code for the first two chapters, but it'd force everyone to restart their games.. Which isn't ideal. But, it may be better than continuing to build on a shaky foundation.
What I've seen other devs do is add options to skip early content so that you don't have to replay the whole thing whenever the old code gets rewritten. Since your game has branches, though, you'd probably need to do some kind of brief introduction to each character, what their deal is, and how you responded to them so might be more trouble than it's worth. It's an option at least.

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Hey hey, I put up a little for New Year's, showing some teases for the next year of FiN. Or at least the next few installments.

What I've seen other devs do is add options to skip early content so that you don't have to replay the whole thing whenever the old code gets rewritten. Since your game has branches, though, you'd probably need to do some kind of brief introduction to each character, what their deal is, and how you responded to them so might be more trouble than it's worth. It's an option at least.
Yeahhh, I really hate to break immersion like that.. Still, we'll see! Honestly, I think what I'll likely do is just put together something that doesn't require any changing variables for right now, and then when I have the entire first "season" done, I'll go through and change a few things.

It's honestly mainly stuff like wishing I'd flagged whether or not you kissed Gabby when you parted as friends, or hugged her. As is, both choices lead to the friend route, when it would make more sense for one to have more romantic tones than the other. But, it's not really a big deal. Just not as nuanced as I'd like it to be.

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Oh hey, here's something fun - years ago when I first attempted to make a visual novel in Twine, I did some hand-drawn art for the characters. It was going to be like a Japanese VN, with character sprites and sex scenes comprised of a few static images with changing facial expressions/fluids.

The first story featured a young model showing up for a photo session that turned out to be more of a backroom-casting-couch situation, as well as a freckled girl named Mickey who worked at a diner. I did these back in 2014, proving my horny brain refuses to give up on any idea.

MikkiAfraidClothes.jpg ChelseyRapeColor.jpg

hash19

Jun 4, 2017
Despite all this, your talent can already be seen at such a young age. I think it's great. But I'm also more into women with smaller breasts.
But what you create now is of course another level. Great Job. :love:

Oh hey, here's something fun - years ago when I first attempted to make a visual novel in Twine, I did some hand-drawn art for the characters. It was going to be like a Japanese VN, with character sprites and sex scenes comprised of a few static images with changing facial expressions/fluids.

The first story featured a young model showing up for a photo session that turned out to be more of a backroom-casting-couch situation, as well as a freckled girl named Mickey who worked at a diner. I did these back in 2014, proving my horny brain refuses to give up on any idea.

View attachment 2281580 View attachment 2281579

MrDavids

May 27, 2018

damn looks like you were always talented! Would love to see more of what you got done for that, especially the casting couch one! btw just subscribed to your patreon, love your work!

Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022

Nice dude! I've always had a thing for short-haired chicks. Wish I could do art that well (yeah, yeah, I could learn, but I'd rather just wish :p)

4.50 star(s) 182 Votes