Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
So I'm kind of foggy on how the paths work.
Is it certain conditions that trigger an event or is it something more like a point system and whichever category has the most points will determine what scene you see?
Or is it something more like important choices that affect which path you're now on?
A combination of choices that take you down one path or not.

For instance on Nikki's path in chapter 1, how you respond to her need for money will shift which path you are on in chapter 3 when she returns.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
A combination of choices that take you down one path or not.

For instance on Nikki's path in chapter 1, how you respond to her need for money will shift which path you are on in chapter 3 when she returns.
Hmm, well I understand that. It's just that when you get to later pivot points on those paths is when it gets a little weird. For example, Neon said for this latest update that you can start being nice to Ashe as Evil Guy and it more or less opens up a possible friends-with-benefits path. Is that a completely different path that would only be possible if you had made those combination of choices or is it basically the same as switching over to one of the other two paths?

So what I'm saying is, does it end up looking like:

Path A - then you make a crucial choice and it jumps to Path B

or

Path A - then you make a crucial choice and it's now Path AB which is pretty much the same as Path B but how you got there is different and future scenes/dialogue will also be different from either Path A or Path B

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I just posted the new build over on Discord! :D I'll have them up on my respective pages soon.

It's the Alpha for Friends in Need (taboo) and Beta for Friends Indeed (clean), and basically completes two of Ashe's routes.

New version has 1500+ new images and like a dozen endings. :'D
Nice. August is turning up to be a great moment, in game and real life. :ROFLMAO: (y)

Reactions: allanl9020142

Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
Hmm, well I understand that. It's just that when you get to later pivot points on those paths is when it gets a little weird. For example, Neon said for this latest update that you can start being nice to Ashe as Evil Guy and it more or less opens up a possible friends-with-benefits path. Is that a completely different path that would only be possible if you had made those combination of choices or is it basically the same as switching over to one of the other two paths?

So what I'm saying is, does it end up looking like:

Path A - then you make a crucial choice and it jumps to Path B

or

Path A - then you make a crucial choice and it's now Path AB which is pretty much the same as Path B but how you got there is different and future scenes/dialogue will also be different from either Path A or Path B
Path A - you make a crucial choice and it jumps to Path B. Path B can have similarities, but how the characters act around you can be very different. In this game, however, each character has 3 to 5 different paths. The plot unfolds roughly the same, but the interactions are different.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: allanl9020142

soldano

Jan 29, 2018
So you split it into two games? Good to know.
As I understand they are ways of calling it so people don't get confused. They are not two games.
That is, if Friends Indeed is in beta, it means that all the vanilla content of this update is included. On the other hand, if Friends in Need is in alpha, it means that content is missing from the Taboo Patch. It is understood? It's the same game, really.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Ok everyone I have donned my armour

Time to become a knight in shining armour
These lovely ladies & Mason need protection & love
And they will get it no matter what.
And if Jamie or any dude tries to hurt them
well, they will unleash the raging beast I have hidden away

I will be paying very close attention to Brent especially.
You mess with my queen, you feel my wrath.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
As I understand they are ways of calling it so people don't get confused. They are not two games.
That is, if Friends Indeed is in beta, it means that all the vanilla content of this update is included. On the other hand, if Friends in Need is in alpha, it means that content is missing from the Taboo Patch. It is understood? It's the same game, really.
My mind is confused now. o_O

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
dld.png

Hey hey, I posted the Alpha/Beta builds over on my respective pages. Release schedule for the final version is as follows.
  • $ 15 - 8/16
  • $ 5 - 8/19
  • $ 2 - 8/23
  • Public - 8/26

My mind is confused now. o_O
Friends Indeed has all the taboo content removed from the script itself, as well as the image folders. It's funded through Patreon.

Friends in Need is the classic version, which is still censored, but can be uncensored through use of a patch. It's funded through SubStar.

That's it! :D

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Hiring bodyguards would go against his habit of trying to not attract much attention to himself.
But other than Nikki's stalker ex who else could be a danger? Doubt that we will see the thief who stole Mason's things and that young asshole (forgot his name) who was a racist/rapist and blackmailer was already dealth with.

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
yeah Jamie, the racist, rapist pos could be further dealt with by having mc fuck with his university applications so he ends up having to go to a shitty college. after all, he did sucker punch mc and that should have repercussions..

cloudfw

Sep 11, 2017
The latter, mostly. I hinted at this when they meet in the park, and MC can either be sweet to her, or degrade her in the open. Kinda trying to show that MC might, in knowing that Ashe is kinky, treat her like less than/a slut, while still pursuing a relationship with her. Basically forming a toxic relationship where she wants one thing, and he's more obsessed with pushing her further and further, and out of her comfort zone.

Though Ashe does expose some more kinks in this one.
I just wanted to thank you for the work you are putting into this.
Not only are you doing a "good" and a "dark" path, but even being on a "good" path there are still possibilities to be quite manipulative while not being a brute. This is something so rarely done, and I very much appreciate it, since if I am playing evil I always prefer the Palpatine way and such a thing is done so rarely.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Path A - you make a crucial choice and it jumps to Path B. Path B can have similarities, but how the characters act around you can be very different. In this game, however, each character has 3 to 5 different paths. The plot unfolds roughly the same, but the interactions are different.
Hmm, see that's what I'm not getting. I get having at least 3 paths for each character: Evil, Asshole, Nice. I just don't know how to categorize the other ones or whether they'd be all that different from the main 3 paths.

Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
Your classifications are too simplistic. For instance if you look at the walkthrough, there are 5 classifications for Nikki:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

These are all considered separate routes. Some of the other characters only have 3 or 4 at this point. So if you want to think of routes as "good" or "evil", more than one of the above can fit into those categories.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Your classifications are too simplistic. For instance if you look at the walkthrough, there are 5 classifications for Nikki:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

These are all considered separate routes. Some of the other characters only have 3 or 4 at this point. So if you want to think of routes as "good" or "evil", more than one of the above can fit into those categories.
Aaaah. I get it now. I was too hung up on the archetypes. That makes this game even more interesting now, it's more about the relationship to each character and not so much which "Guy" you're playing as. You're usually kind of stuck in whatever "archetype" you choose to play as in these kinds of VNs. Seems like choices actually matter vs just being sorted into a category then running on a railroad with the illusion of choices.

Reactions: Drew Anderson

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
mc needs to hire a trainer to learn some fighting skills since he is building a harem of hot ladies who seem to all have shitty exes or stalkers..or hire Ashe's dad as a bodyguard..provided you haven't pissed him off...
Or, he could just buy guns and conceal carry all the time. I don't know about his city's policy on guns, but the rich usually can afford some leeways.

4.50 star(s) 188 Votes